#141 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:09 AM

The royal we got fucked this weekend by weather. I intended to shoot a few K over the long weekend, and instead only got out once thanks to persistent thunderstorms. 

I experienced something strange while I was out. Near the end of the session, when I was scrambling to beat a time I picked, I couldn't settle the gun (and, thus, shot worse points, as one would expect). I was floating the gun all over the target. But, I'm not sure what causes that. Adrenaline? Tension in the shoulders? Relaxing the arms too much?

The only video I got: https://www.instagra...ken-by=slivgod¬†I'm pretty sure you can see the gun moving around on the further targets if you look closely. 

My movement between positions was pretty wasteful. I've been doing less movement in dryfire lately, so it was a valuable reminder to work everything all the time. 

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#142 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:36 AM

I keep trying and failing to find time to edit practice and match videos together. Very short recap of recent happenings:

1. Set up a very tough array for practice last week, with small things far away (e.g. 25y head box). I honestly forgot where my gun hits at that distance and it took a while to get settled in. Once I did, better results were had. But I noticed how imperative recoil control is at those distances and settling the gun down. I was frequently missing mini poppers because I was breaking the shot while the gun was still moving. 

2. Ran a bunch of Dots. No passing scores, but the consistency has improved. I had several sheets in a row shooting 34 or 35. I've never had that many "less shitty" runs consecutively. 

3. My match speed is getting better. Learned some shit about hosing and also got some tough reminders about trigger control. Finally shot a decent classifier (on Can You Count?), so there's FINALLY light at the end of the tunnel and I may escape A class... some day.

• htomeheb likes this

#143 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 AM

I'm glad I've been practicing shooting small things far away, because the "sneak preview" of Nats' stages seems to confirm my suspicions on that.

One month until Head Shot Nationals. Let's do this.

• racetaco likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users