Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:12 AM
It still needs some revision and finalizing, but my rough draft of things that need to be addressed for next year follows:
1. Physical Fitness. Besides being a good thing for all aspects of life, there was a noticeable difference in my performance based on fitness between 2017 and 2018 Nats. 2017 was probably the best shape I've ever been in and it led to greater grip strength, stability, stamina, and so on.
2. Pure Accuracy. Enough said? Dropping points sucks. I also need to make WHO/SHO practice more frequent.
3. Transition Speed. This may be some of my lowest hanging fruit. I spent so much time working on the precision of my transitions this year that the speed either plateaued or declined.
4. Reloads, across the board. I don't know what my issue was or is, but my reloads never got back to 100% after my gun switch this time last year. In a low-cap division, that's not acceptable. I will be going back to basics here and am contemplating a positioning change. Static and moving reloads need a lot of tough love.
5. Perpetual Motion. This is painting with a broad brush, but that's fine. If I want to actually be competitive at the next level, I can't be constantly posted up.
"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without."