#161 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:16 PM

Because the quality is rubbish.

Weird. The two I got are pretty dope. That bladetech you keep rocking is the true rubbish.

#162 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:26 PM

Weird. The two I got are pretty dope. That bladetech you keep rocking is the true rubbish.

No, they're also terrible.

Do let me know if you find a dual-layer kydex holster that isn't rubbish.

Shall do, but pro tip: if the holster is made correctly, there's no need for double bagging.

I'm happy to ship you mine so you can try before you buy.

I will definitely be taking you up on that. Thank you.

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#163 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

Just send me address on messenger or something and I'll stick it in the mail.

#164 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

It still needs some revision and finalizing, but my rough draft of things that need to be addressed for next year follows:
1. Physical Fitness. Besides being a good thing for all aspects of life, there was a noticeable difference in my performance based on fitness between 2017 and 2018 Nats. 2017 was probably the best shape I've ever been in and it led to greater grip strength, stability, stamina, and so on.
2. Pure Accuracy. Enough said? Dropping points sucks. I also need to make WHO/SHO practice more frequent.
3. Transition Speed. This may be some of my lowest hanging fruit. I spent so much time working on the precision of my transitions this year that the speed either plateaued or declined.
4. Reloads, across the board. I don't know what my issue was or is, but my reloads never got back to 100% after my gun switch this time last year. In a low-cap division, that's not acceptable. I will be going back to basics here and am contemplating a positioning change. Static and moving reloads need a lot of tough love.
5. Perpetual Motion. This is painting with a broad brush, but that's fine. If I want to actually be competitive at the next level, I can't be constantly posted up.

#165 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:30 AM

Not going in depth since this place is all but dead.

My dryfire looks almost nothing like it used to. The intensity is much higher, there's a lot more time spent on fundamentals and gun handling, and less time is spent on each individual drill.

Since people like gear crap, I may be switching to Henning grips - something I would have sworn against even just a week ago. I'm doing some experimenting, but I think one of my fundamentals issues comes from using the wrong grips. If confirmed, I'll make the switch

#166 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

. I'm doing some experimenting, but I think one of my fundamentals issues comes from using the wrong grips.

I know you said you weren’t going into depth, but I’m interested in hearing about this. Let us know how the experiment goes.

#167 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

I know you said you weren’t going into depth, but I’m interested in hearing about this. Let us know how the experiment goes.

Testing is still in progress. But, my hypothesis is that my SSI Scales make re-acquiring my grip after a reload more difficult than it needs to be due to the extra flare at the very bottom of the panel and/or the geometry of the "hump" about halfway up the grip. 

I noticed that my grip was generally compromised after a reload. After looking at closely at it, it appeared that my hand was marginally too far low and forward. I threw on some Henning grips I had borrowed and was about to return, and it appears that I can more consistently re-acquire a proper grip. They don't flare as much at the bottom, and the geometry of their swell is different. 

That said, it could just be placebo or extra focus that's leading to better results. Thus, I'll be continuing testing the grips to see if the trend continues long-term. 

#168 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

I've done my best to thoroughly test my theory/theories. I can't find any evidence to strongly support it. That said, I simply like the Henning grips more in terms of comfort and texture. Thus, any slight performance improvement would stem from placebo and/or the extra time spent with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users