#1 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

I shot a GSSF match last week, which entailed shooting my G17 in two divisions. I took it apart to clean it today and this part fell on the floor.

IMG_20180325_163118907-X2.jpg

Upon further inspection it was one of these broken off parts in the receiver.

IMG_20180325_163052845-X2.jpg

What is that called, the locking block? Locking lug? Is it a user-replaceable part? I think I've had it out before with one or two pins. I would like the opportunity to fuck things up myself instead of paying UPS Next Day Air shipping to Glock.

This is a 2001 GSSF Tenth Anniverary model 17, and it happens to be about 17 years old. It has had almost all 147s, some plated, some jacketed, mostly with Solo 1000, recently with N320.

• maka likes this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#2 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

Locking block. Easy to replace, see YouTube. Funny thing is it was broken and still shooting just fine. Got to love Glock
  • Yard Sale likes this

#3 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:45 PM

Bummer, but it’s an easy fix. Push two pins out remove broken locking block, put new block in then push pins back in. If you can tie your shoelaces without help you should be able to handle this repair.

#4 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

To bad it didn’t happen before the match you could have had the on-site armorer fix it.

#5 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

I vaguely remember last time you worked on a Glock bad things happened. Are you sure you wouldn't rather pick up curling instead?

#6 Can

Can

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:17 PM

Hey hey it’s just a glock , it’s not like he’s going to get mersa from it.

qnFmwmR.jpg

#7 Beef

Beef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

Lone Wolf makes a billet one.

Only "trick" to removal is wiggling the slide stop/lock/release lever instead of just forcing the one pin, do the same on reassembly, and get the spring laid right.

#8 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationIn the sauna, naked.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

It's a sign from God himself to buy a real gun. Harass the vendor enough and You might even get to buy a jersey too.

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#9 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

Lone Wolf makes a billet one.

Gotta use stock Glock parts to be GSSF legal and to drink timmy tears. So I'll have to pass on the LW billet locking block and ZEV titanium pins.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#10 TrackCage

TrackCage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:46 PM

Gotta use stock Glock parts to be GSSF legal and to drink timmy tears. So I'll have to pass on the LW billet locking block and ZEV titanium pins.

How is Glock so good at diagnosing what is stock but USPSA can't figure it out? Oh well, guess we'll just make everything legal instead.
  • Yard Sale likes this

#11 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

How is Glock so good at diagnosing what is stock but USPSA can't figure it out? Oh well, guess we'll just make everything legal instead.

Only stock parts on a Glock break, so, if it is broken, or about to break, it is obviously stock.

• GuruOfGuns likes this

#12 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

Obvious troll.  Guy with 100's of YouTube videos can't find one of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 Glock videos on YouTube.

• Buck Turgidson and Stranger Danger like this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#13 Suck It Trebek

Suck It Trebek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:06 AM

With Glocktm Certified Armorers.  So, the 2 day USPSA RO class just needs to include about 55 armorer certifications, one for each manufacturer on the Production handgun list, then renewed annually, or Prod10 and Welfare Open can all shoot Glocks.

#14 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:34 AM

Easy to replace, see YouTube. 

Better make it quick, Komrade.

• Yard Sale likes this

#15 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:36 AM

Jesus, dude.  When it comes to Glocks, you have more problems than a math teacher.  

#16 TrackCage

TrackCage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Only stock parts on a Glock break, so, if it is broken, or about to break, it is obviously stock.

Actually, only stock Glocks run. Once you start replacing shit that doesn't need replacing, your shit stops running. So yea, aftermarket Glocks don't break because you can't run more than a mag through them.

#17 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

Actually, only stock Glocks run. Once you start replacing shit that doesn't need replacing, your shit stops running. So yea, aftermarket Glocks don't break because you can't run more than a mag through them.

Correct. It’s the G35s heavily modified to be ‘competitive’ in Limited that always shit their pants at matches.
The Production M/GMs who are smart enough not to tune the gun to death enjoy a reliable gun that really will run when packed with mud and cleaned once a year.

(Yes. We all know Production Bs and Cs with highly tweaked triggers that don’t run. We’re not talking about those guns, since they prove my point anyway.)
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#18 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

"Don't fucking tinker with it" is a golden rule in this game. I can not recall a single stock production firearm in a match fail unless it was user error (shitty reloader, sticking your hands behind a slide so it can't cycle, etc).

#19 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

"Don't fucking tinker with it" is a golden rule in this game. I can not recall a single stock production firearm in a match fail unless it was user error (shitty reloader, sticking your hands behind a slide so it can't cycle, etc).

That's bad advice now - if you don't at least change your trigger you will be bumped to open; safer to stipple and change a hammer (if you have one) so eagle-eyed RO can see you're not trying to slide by on a stock factory gat.

On injured reserve.

#20 Leroy

Leroy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:42 AM

I have never seen or heard of this part breaking. You need to post this on a timmy site to get the butthurt flowing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users