11 replies to this topic

#1 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

This match was outstanding. No two stages felt the same. Over-the-top, IPSC style swinger. Use of the popper flopper targets that really made you think about how to shoot the stage.

Half-day format where you shot 9 stages in 5 hours, no delays. Didn't paste a target all day. Plenty of shade, cold water on the bays. The administration of this match set a very high bar. Will be tough to beat. If they host it again, don't miss it.

First person view of all 9 stages from Ken Chang who came in 5th, smack dab in the middle of the 8 (!!!) Production GMs that shot this match. Are match bumps a thing still?

The one hiccup at the match was the stage at 2:05 where some folks stood on the back of the wall to shoot the popper before activating. Most people stood on the back of the wall and shot the swinger before activation because it was technically part of the shooting area. Unfortunate, but I don't think that one thing changed the overall order of finish in Production, so, meh.

Sometimes you get burned by trying to make interesting stages. Shit happens.

• SlivGod, Stubb, Yard Sale and 1 other like this

#2 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

Half-day format where you shot 9 stages in 5 hours, no delays. Didn't paste a target all day. Plenty of shade, cold water on the bays. 

I'm incredibly jealous. 

• TCB and GooldMember like this

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#3 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

A ton of work before and during the match made it run well. Thanks for shooting with us.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#4 ngodwetrust21

ngodwetrust21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Really great video. That master class guy shot really well. Had a good performance at Battle in the bluegrass as well. I will definitely put this on my list of matches to shoot next year.
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

#5 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:10 PM

My match video. Witness my shame at missing steel.

• Stubb likes this

#6 ngodwetrust21

ngodwetrust21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

So I didn’t understand the last stage where you open the window deal that looked to activate a swinger bit didn’t engage. Was it a disappearing target? Why did you have to activate it? Please explain. I am still a noob with the rules.
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

#7 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

So I didn’t understand the last stage where you open the window deal that looked to activate a swinger bit didn’t engage. Was it a disappearing target? Why did you have to activate it? Please explain. I am still a noob with the rules.

You have to activate all moving targets before the end of the course of fire (i.e. before "range is clear"). The target was deliberately set up to give you the option to shoot it before activation, but to avoid a procedural penalty (for not activating the mover), you had to activate it at some point. It's a bit of a goofy rule, and certainly unusual, so it bit a few folks, even some good shooters.

#8 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

That's kinda a dumb rule IMO

#9 TMReich

TMReich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:25 AM

probably not legal, but I'd love the activator be rigged to activate a noise maker that would register on the shot timer.

#10 Intel6

Intel6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:23 AM

Could they have specified that the activator has to be activated before that last shot fired or something like that?

#11 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Could they have specified that the activator has to be activated before that last shot fired or something like that?

Not at a level 2.

#12 RadarTech

RadarTech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

Not at a level 2.

You can’t specify engagement order, or that you can’t engage before activation with out the level 1 exemption...

But can you show me the rule that says I can’t say:
“Must activate the swinger prior to the end of the course of fire”?

Seems that has been done at the Florida Open... circa 2014 or 2015...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users