796 replies to this topic

#21 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

People have been banned lots of times. Banned over this type of shit? Not that I have heard of.

No one else has had the social media “career” you have. For as long as you have either. I know you’ve been warned for years because I was defending you when I was on the BOD. And that’s been awhile. This can’t came as a surprise.

#22 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:05 AM

No one else has had the social media “career” you have. For as long as you have either. I know you’ve been warned for years because I was defending you when I was on the BOD. And that’s been awhile. This can’t came as a surprise.

I haven't had a "warning" in 5 years or so. Also I have been pretty tame compared to past years. I am sure the court of public opinion will judge me. =)

I am not remotely surprised this happened the way it did. This is why I was sure to make sure that the punishment fell on me and not on someone else.

#23 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:06 AM

I will send my appeal (of course). I have 6 major USPSA matches on my calendar for the year both before and after nationals. I would like to attend and I got a bunch of new guns to play with. If you guys don't want me around that's your call. I had a good run in this sport and being kicked out by a deranged president because of... well I don't even know why at this point.. well I guess that's as good of a way to go out as any.

Its your call. I don't really plan to put up a fight. I posted this stuff. I stand behind what I said. If its that damaging then kick me out. Your call.

It’s happening. I’m not deranged. I’ll take this one as far as is within my ability. I dealt with s problem, you exacerbated it after it was resolved making the original problem whole again.

#24 glefos

glefos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

In my opinion, the overreaction to this incident is more harming to the organization than the original idiot’s comment. Elected leadership has a much higher standard to uphold than any individual member.
  • jar, Perfecto, not that bryan and 10 others like this

#25 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

If this was anywhere close to a one time thing I’d probably agree with this being an overreaction.

#26 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

If this was anywhere close to a one time thing I’d probably agree with this being an overreaction.

Look man, if you were on the BOD and voted to boot me then I get it. I understand it. I am not sure where the membership will be at with it. Probably most wont care that much.

• Doc8404 likes this

#27 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

If I was on the BOD I damn sure wouldn’t be on here expressing my opinion before knowing all the details. Instead I’m just a regular member now and can only let my AD know about it.
  • Flexmoney likes this

#28 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:43 AM

The Membership recognizes that if a tyrant can fuck with one or two of us, they can fuck with us all.

On the plus side, IDPA has become more fun with fault lines.
  • glefos, Alfred Salveti, JimS and 5 others like this

#29 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

I feel that when a member is being considered for the drastic act of membership suspension for disreputable behavior, first referring to the member as a “millennial fag” and “bitch” is a firm indicator the action is well thought through, not emotion based, and comes from a place of exemplary behavior that models the conduct to which all should aspire, which reflects well on leadership, grievance process equity, and the organization as a whole.
  • jar, SlivGod, slemmo and 14 others like this

On injured reserve.

#30 HughJassole

HughJassole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:07 PM

I feel that when a member is being considered for the drastic act of membership suspension for disreputable behavior, first referring to the member as a “millennial fag” and “bitch” is a firm indicator the action is well thought through, not emotion based, and comes from a place of exemplary behavior that models the conduct to which all should aspire, which reflects well on leadership, grievance process equity, and the organization as a whole.

Well said........really makes me want to renew my membership.

#31 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

Such accolades also reflect the larger mission of expanding membership, primarily attracting younger members and those of the LGBTQ communities. 

• midvalleyshooter, vluc, Trigger Warning and 1 other like this

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#32 B_RAD

B_RAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

Damn! If all you knew from this story was one person was calling people idot, millennial fag and bitch, you'd think that person was the one being threatened with a ban. Right?
  • Alfred Salveti, (Sh)ItJustGotReal, chachacha and 3 others like this
You serious, Clark?

#33 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

I’m certain I won’t be placing near High Millenial Fag, but I wonder if there will be a testing requirement for High Bitch?
  • Doc8404 and Stranger Danger like this

#34 B_RAD

B_RAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

There have to be consequences, and $40 doesn’t buy you any right to say damaging things. I could have asked nicely, but I wasn’t up for a debate. This is my job, and I’m good with jokes and memes and funny stuffs, but saying I hate IPSC while I’m on a trip to make it better and more accessible can cause problems with our friends abroad. The letter I sent about IPSC 2 years ago created the discussions they helped bring change to IPSC leadership, which is on the path to improving shooting all over the world. I’d say that troll was effective.

and your postition as President gives you the right to say the stuff you've said?
  • chachacha likes this
You serious, Clark?

#35 MonkeyPlague

MonkeyPlague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

This thread reminds me of stepping onto a subway and seeing a group of hobos fighting over half of a dog corpse. The investment in the dog corpse and reactions to the fighting out way the value of it so much that you know that they have been slinging dementia fueled insults at each other for years. Harboring grudges over slights, real and perceived, so long that even passing encounters immediately devolve into threats and confrontations. 

With whatever the history of all of this is, and regardless of whether the public statements of a member should warrant a suspension, the insults thrown out by USPSA's President in this exchange are not only inappropriate but are unacceptable from someone representing our sport and our organization at that level.

• SlivGod, Surfer, midvalleyshooter and 5 others like this

#36 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:25 PM

Whose behavior in this episode is juvenile, insecure, and bringing disrepute to USPSA?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• SlivGod, Stubb, laughingdog and 3 others like this

#37 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:28 PM

In all sincerity, dude. Go to bed. Get some sleep. Please recalibrate and approach this with a clear mind and without emotions running high.

This benefits literally no one.

This is bad for the whole sport.

• SlivGod, Stubb, Surfer and 5 others like this

#38 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

The title of this thread is so misleading.
  • Brownie likes this

#39 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:32 PM

In all sincerity, dude. Go to bed. Get some sleep. Please recalibrate and approach this with a clear mind and without emotions running high.

This benefits literally no one.

This is bad for the whole sport.

Could not agree more.
  • Doc8404 and alphashooter like this

#40 Doc8404

Doc8404

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

In this day and age, a senior leader in an international organization referring to anyone as "fag" - even in this cesspool - is astounding.

I just renewed for a 3 year membership. Maybe I was wrong.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• SlivGod, Alfred Salveti and (Sh)ItJustGotReal like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users