• Please log in to reply
796 replies to this topic

#41 HughJassole

HughJassole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

In this day and age, a senior leader in an international organization referring to anyone as "fag" - even in this cesspool - is astounding.

I just renewed for a 3 year membership. Maybe I was wrong.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You better watch........you may be next.

• thermobollocks, aceinyerface, Doc8404 and 1 other like this

#42 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

The title of this thread is so misleading.

Yes, please change it to “Should’a voted Suber”.
  • effbomb likes this

#43 No-one

No-one

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:45 PM

WOW
I have known Ben and Doodie since the beginning of Doodie. Even though I myself have, lets say been involved in some Doodie shit I figured a few years ago I figured that this shit was going to go too far one day and get some folks in trouble so I rage quit the Doodie scene for the most part. No surprise to me that Ben is in this pot of hot water. A little bit of me thinks he deserves some of it. Just a little bit.

Mike on the other hand.. Fuck me bro, for all the things I really like that you have done the handling of this is way out of my comfort zone as a paying member. I would really wish that suspensions/bannings would be handled WAY different that this. School ground name calling on social media? Sheesh, I don't think thats how this is supposed to work. 

• GuanoLoco likes this

#44 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

That is the real problem.

Now, there is this specter that “you’d better watch what you say”.

Red blooded, gun totin’ ‘Mericans don’t care for that very much.

#45 MonkeyPlague

MonkeyPlague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

In this day and age, a senior leader in an international organization referring to anyone as "fag" - even in this cesspool - is astounding.

I just renewed for a 3 year membership. Maybe I was wrong.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In this day and age public statements like that can run the gambit from "embarrassing gaff" to "resume generating event that creates the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere"

• SlivGod and Doc8404 like this

#46 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

Hello Mr. Foley;

It was not that long ago that you spent a great deal of time & effort on THIS forum and Unicorn-related social media to convince us that you were cool.

This is not cool. We helped elect you. Few years back, I substantially helped Michael Voigt get elected. THAT guy never lost his cool.

You - alone - taking away a man's livelihood because someone else hurt your feelings is childish. Last time I checked, you weren't a child.

And yeah, eight divisions is stupid. I keep that opinion to myself, and don't tag other people unless to blow sunshine. DIdn't you all agree to this going forward? So why all the butt-hurt a few hours later?

In the words of my boot-camp company commander, please remedy this unsatisfactory situation, immediately.

(anonymous 27-year member of USPSA)

• SlivGod, Cajun cracker, ncav8tor and 6 others like this

#47 MonkeyPlague

MonkeyPlague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Hello Mr. Foley;

It was not that long ago that you spent a great deal of time & effort on THIS forum and Unicorn-related social media to convince us that you were cool.

This is not cool. We helped elect you. Few years back, I substantially helped Michael Voigt get elected. THAT guy never lost his cool.

You - alone - taking away a man's livelihood because someone else hurt your feelings is childish. Last time I checked, you weren't a child.

And yeah, eight divisions is stupid. I keep that opinion to myself, and don't tag other people unless to blow sunshine. DIdn't you all agree to this going forward? So why all the butt-hurt a few hours later?

In the words of my boot-camp company commander, please remedy this unsatisfactory situation, immediately.

(anonymous 27-year member of USPSA)

Hmmm. when I was in Basic our Company Commander would often use statements more like "Un-fuck yourselves right this instant" and inquire "Where did you lose the pile of shit you use for brains?"

#48 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:05 PM

It just dawned on me that this is the Vince Pinto method of dispute resolution.  :lol:

• Brownie, glefos, Gecko 46 and 7 others like this

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#49 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

Fag is a hate word.  It has no place being used by anyone, much less a person who supposedly represents USPSA shooters, some who happen to be gay or transgender.  No professional should use that word.

I thought this must be an April fools joke, I guess not. 

USPSA should get into the 21st century of Instagram and Facebook.  People say jokes, some that aren't funny.

The biggerst danger to our sport are the ego and thirst for power and clearly Mike Fooley has lost his mind.  He has threatened a member for a joke he didn't like and threatened another for exposing his overreaction. And he has insulted people with hateful and disgusting speech.

When is the next election?

I'd like to be represented by somebody who just cares about a shooting sport.

• SlivGod, glefos, Surfer and 3 others like this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#50 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

WOW
I have known Ben and Doodie since the beginning of Doodie. Even though I myself have, lets say been involved in some Doodie shit I figured a few years ago I figured that this shit was going to go too far one day and get some folks in trouble so I rage quit the Doodie scene for the most part. No surprise to me that Ben is in this pot of hot water. A little bit of me thinks he deserves some of it. Just a little bit.

Mike on the other hand.. Fuck me bro, for all the things I really like that you have done the handling of this is way out of my comfort zone as a paying member. I would really wish that suspensions/bannings would be handled WAY different that this. School ground name calling on social media? Sheesh, I don't think thats how this is supposed to work.

Sure there has been a lot of shit flung here but this is a poor example of anything that should be punishable behavior.

The only one whose behavior in this whole thing is Foley's. He is the one who overreacted to a member making a joke on Instagram and threatened to suspend them.
Stoeger makes this unacceptable behavior public by posting it here and Foley threatens him also.

Foley has clearly set the standard that anyone who criticizes him can be suspended and banned.
Additionally suspending the current USPSA and IPSC World Shoot champion shows Foley is more concerned about silencing criticism than he is concerned about what is good for USPSA. Having the best shooters in the world shooting is good for the sport. Suspending the best in the world over this instance is not.

Hopefully I won't get banned for expressing this opinion.
It would be a real bummer after just getting CRO certified this weekend.
  • Cajun cracker, midvalleyshooter, thermobollocks and 4 others like this

#51 laughingdog

laughingdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

It’s happening. I’m not deranged. I’ll take this one as far as is within my ability. I dealt with s problem, you exacerbated it after it was resolved making the original problem whole again.

Your initial overreaction to Ben Berry's post didn't exactly scream "calm and rational".  I can't think of many situations in life where cranking the Hostility Dial to 11 right off the bat is the right solution, and this one is pretty much the opposite of those.  Doubling down on it afterward doesn't make you look very rational right now either. 

I would have thought a simple "Hey, I'm trying to negotiate things with IPSC, and jokes like that can get misinterpreted.  Could you untag me from this, or better yet pull the joke?" probably would have worked out a lot better, and not made you look like a thin-skinned snowflake.

• Gecko 46, aceinyerface, Sweet T and 1 other like this

#52 No-one

No-one

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:18 PM

Sure there has been a lot of shit flung here but this is a poor example of anything that should be punishable behavior.

Tolerance stacking is what Im saying. 6 or 7 years of flinging shit makes a pretty big pile. 

• Flexmoney, aics308 and Conspiracy Brother like this

#53 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.    

Mike has been hitting the Ambien a little too hard.

• aceinyerface and EazyRhino like this

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#54 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:20 PM

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.    

Mike has been hitting the Ambien a little too hard.

biggoted hate homophobic speech isn't a side effect of Ambien either.  #resignnow

I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#55 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:21 PM

The BOD should immediately implement the 25th amendment and replace Foley until such time as he has rested thoroughly.

In Foley’s defense, he hasn’t said orangutan or cunt yet.
  • SME at Pistol Forum likes this

#56 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

It just dawned on me that this is the Vince Pinto method of dispute resolution. :lol:

This is beyond Vince Pinto's wildest wet dream.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• SlivGod and Trigger Warning like this

#57 SME at Pistol Forum

SME at Pistol Forum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:26 PM

I am a Doodie Project Troll.

I am a USPSA Master Class Shooter.

I am a US Marine Corps Veteran.

I am Gay.

FAG is a hate word.

Mike Fooley has personally insulted me by using a violent hateful slur.  He has threatened to ban a member for a dumb joke.  He has threaten to ban a member for exposing his overreaction to it..  MIke Fooley is a bigot and homophob.  Mike Fooley should resign as USPSA President.  If he does not, the BOD should remove him.

I will be contacting all USPSA sponsors to inform them the USPSA President calls people FAG as an insult.

• not that bryan, Surfer, thatguy and 4 others like this

Pistol Forum Subject Matter Expert...  Which pretty much equals B class at Doodie Project

#58 Doc8404

Doc8404

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

Exactly. President of USPSA, or king and imperial dictator? Is there a list of what we can and can't talk about? Maybe a list of banned topics? As a lowly B shooter (and at that a LOW B shooter) I haven't been around long enough to know the ins-and-outs here.

What I do know is that if the president of my company called anyone - even in jest - a "millennial fag" and "bitches" - he would be out on his ass. 

I've never met Mr. Foley, I have listed to him on several podcasts and through some interviews... and today I have lost all respect for him.

• MonkeyPlague likes this

#59 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

Tolerance stacking?

Posting the Presidents own words is the last straw. We’ve stood by and let you post BOD meeting minutes, expose cheating scandals and discuss nebulous official rulings. For the good of the org we are taking control of your social media accounts and private website. We may also monitor your phone calls as well as any outgoing mail from your residence.

#60 TickleMeFarto

TickleMeFarto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

Hey Mick Foley, you look like a total ass. I don't know how you covered it up until now, but you're literally acting like a child.

Looks like I won't be renewing my RO cert nor my USPSA membership.  Don't need it at my club just to have fun and shoot anyway.

• Yachtmaster and alphashooter like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users