#21 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

2/14 to 3/8 packing, local matches, area matches. Locally I think there is more competitors that don't even have permits vs those who do.I've discussed this with buddies who live elsewhere, they see the same.

What part of the country are you in?

Here in the God-fearing, gun toting, southern states? Even our gamiest Open guys will at least toss a pocket-holstered LCP or J-frame into their pants and call it defensive carry.

I’ve always liked keeping my competition gun and carry gun similar. That’s part of the reason I went from Tanfo to the Hwansik special; dryfire with a Q5 Match transfers over well to the PPQ/PPS.

Even as a B-class, the difference between myself with a bone stock G19 and everyone else in one of Massad Ayoob’s LFI classes was a hilarious contrast.
(Competed with a 34 at the time.)
  • racetaco likes this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#22 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:25 PM

What part of the country are you in?

Eastern parts of A1.

Even as a B-class, the difference between myself with a bone stock G19 and everyone else in one of Massad Ayoob’s LFI classes was a hilarious contrast.
(Competed with a 34 at the time.)

If you want to feel like a success, surround yourself with losers.

That's what I've been doing most of my life. Except for those times when I went to tactimmy classes where instructors and students ranged from As to GMs and, naturally, smoked my B class ass mercilessly. 

Bonafide asshole

#23 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

If you want to feel like a success, surround yourself with losers.

That's what I've been doing most of my life. Except for those times when I went to tactimmy classes where instructors and students ranged from As to GMs and, naturally, smoked my B class ass mercilessly. 

What tactimmy class have you been to with GMs and As. It doesn't happen around here. Never seen it. Most tactical guys (friends) I know consider the 2 or 3 classes they take per year their practice. Can't get to GM status practicing 3 times a year.

#24 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

Instructors like Proctor, Rehn, Langdon, White, Pannone have quite high USPSA rankings and commonly attract likeminded students to their classes. In the past Rogers school was it, and you could come across a national level GM shooting it next to some C class pendejos. A class? Dude, I rarely take these classes anymore but in last two-three years I've not taken one without at least one A card present. Seek and you shall find.
  • GuanoLoco likes this
Bonafide asshole

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users