Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:41 AM

90% of the people here are banned from that site. Cliff notes version?
  • aceinyerface likes this

#3 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

Vince Pinto 5,364 Vince Pinto

Posted 13 hours ago
Hi guys,

I have it on reliable authority that, at the recently concluded IPSC Continental Council meeting held in France, there was discussion about more closely aligning IPSC and USPSA divisional rules. Discussions included IPSC adopting USPSA magazine length rules for Open and Standard Divisions.

Presumably, this would mean changing IPSC Open mags from 170mm to 171.25mm, and adopting 141.25mm for Standard in lieu of the box. The USPSA "concession" would be adoption of 15 rounds loaded for Production, although I expect most USPSA members will reject that proposal and would prefer to retain their existing 10 round limit.

In my opinion, it would be absurd for 105 IPSC regions to capitulate to the only region which operates its own rulebook.

Besides, the concept of "live and let live" that we've successfully adopted for the past 10 years is not broken, so why fix it? The USPSA already conducts IPSC matches within the US in full compliance with IPSC rules, and USPSA members who travel internationally to IPSC events have no problems complying with IPSC rules.

Anyway, let's see what happens but, like many other things, you heard it here first! :) 

#4 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:51 AM

Completely absurd to allow an extra 1.25 mm on an open magazine.   Why would anyone even consider this?

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#5 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:31 AM

What does this have to do with airsoft? Thats the only place Pinto is still relevant
  • slemmo likes this

#6 shreek

shreek

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:33 AM

It's funny because years ago Pinto was all hot to merge US and IPSC divisions.

15 rounds in PD would be cool. The insane "OFM" rules not so much. Can we trade? I'd even throw in a second-round trigger pull weight so the striker fans don't squeal as much.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#7 DazhiZ

DazhiZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

Would love 15 round in Production.

• slemmo likes this

#8 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

Dear Vince: die in a hole.

Sincerely,

IPSC and USPSA.
  • SlivGod and slemmo like this

#9 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

aligning division sounds like a good idea to me, but I'm curious to see what details from what org will be chosen.

open and standard division mag rules from USPSA are fine, but 165pf in open is not since Europe have stopped shooting 38 super.

limited-10 and prod-10 have no place here since there are no 10 round states in Europe.

on another note, who else than the 5 active users on GV gives a fuck about what vince thinks of anything anymore?

#10 shreek

shreek

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Nobody in Open here would give a crap about 160 PF versus 165. They all use their "I forgot it wasn't steel challenge" ammo until the chrono stage anyway.
  • warpspeed likes this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#11 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

aligning division sounds like a good idea to me, but I'm curious to see what details from what org will be chosen.

open and standard division mag rules from USPSA are fine, but 165pf in open is not since Europe have stopped shooting 38 super.
limited-10 and prod-10 have no place here since there are no 10 round states in Europe.

on another note, who else than the 5 active users on GV gives a fuck about what vince thinks of anything anymore?

When did Europe stop using 38 Super?

#12 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

I upset Vince last year by suggesting they drop the OFM rule for PD and allow strikers to have a lower trigger pull. He shat on the idea and called it stupid.

Then basically suggested similar changes to Classic 6 months later

#13 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

That's the first time I've logged into GV in months, and I'm FAR more intrigued by the fact there's going to be a World Shoot for airsoft. That's hilarious.
  • slemmo likes this

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#14 Mumbles

Mumbles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

Slemmo,

Since when did Europe become the rest of the world? :)

And when did Denmark move, or have they got rid of their 10 round restriction?

Matt,

You should try pointing out that he had posted wrong/bad information and then when it was pointed out to him that he had edited his post to "disappear" his error.

A nasty gram with a two week suspension and a challenge to call him a liar to his face and "see what happens".  Good times.

On the issue at hand,

Open - mag length, who cares

- power factor. 160 or 165 who gives a rat's, should be back to 175 to keep all the millennial fags in Production were they belong.

Standard - mag length, can't see that going anywhere from either side.

Production- not sure what the problem is.  USPSA should just change to 15 rounds and it's done. Changes to modifications, again I can't see it happening. Too many differences to sort that out any time soon.  And then there's the Production holster rule differences.

So, maybe a little tinkering around the edges but I can't see any wholesale change coming out of this.

Regards,

Mumbles

#15 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:16 PM

Who the hell signs a forum post on Doodie? You're not writing a letter old man, welcome to 1998 we have the internet now.

Regards,

Peally

#16 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:00 PM

Who the hell signs a forum post on Doodie? You're not writing a letter old man, welcome to 1998 we have the internet now.

Regards,

Peally

Hello, it is good form to sign correspondence.

Thank you

Eric

• TCB, Pitchfork_Emporium and eyesopenedatlast like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#17 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

When did Europe stop using 38 Super?

Since a few years ago basically when 38 super brass became as expensive and rare as gold nuggets, 9 major started taking over, and now I guess 99% of all open guns sold at least in Norway are 9 major. Retailers have to dump their 38 super guns now because no one are interested.

Slemmo,

Since when did Europe become the rest of the world? :)

And when did Denmark move, or have they got rid of their 10 round restriction?

On the issue at hand,

Open - mag length, who cares

- power factor. 160 or 165 who gives a rat's, should be back to 175 to keep all the millennial fags in Production were they belong.

I dont speak for the rest of the world, I dont live there, if anyone has input from the rest of the world please go ahead.

Denmark used to have some caliber restrictions, but I think those were lifted, havent heard of any 10 round restriction.

175pf in open is not going to happen as I said, because of 9 major.

#18 Bjorn

Bjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:50 AM

Interesting if USPSA and IPSC merge rules. I can only see benefits in that. 

Mag length in Standard and Open and capacity in Production are a good start.

The big question for me would be: how will they go about when merging Production rules? It is the biggest division in both IPSC and USPSA and the rules are radically different. 

#19 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:48 AM

Matt,
You should try pointing out that he had posted wrong/bad information and then when it was pointed out to him that he had edited his post to "disappear" his error.
A nasty gram with a two week suspension and a challenge to call him a liar to his face and "see what happens". Good times.

I’ve poked that bear before 😉

Vince and I have some common friends in real life. He tracked me down on FB once to ask what I had against him 😂

#20 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:58 AM

Slemmo, makes sense. Hasn’t caught on down under yet. Too many old timers that think 9Major is pushing the envelope. They tend to be the ones worried about getting their brass back too. Mag length diff in Open doesn’t matter. The extra 1.25mm just provides a bit more margin for error with base pads I think. I doubt everyone would rush out and change base pads. In Standard the diff is bigger. My CZ mags are 130.5mm and only just fit the box. Changing base pads could get me an extra round (maybe 2). If I didn’t live in a 10 round country I’d probably be tempted to change for that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users