• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mumbles

Mumbles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:45 AM

Just checked my profile and it says I have been lurking here since September 2013 so I suppose I should do this shit. 

Glad to see that this forum has come back to a little bit of life, it's been going down hill since the +2 saga.

Started shooting IPSC in 1992, become an RO a few years later and a CRO a few years after that.  My first Nationals was 1995 and I have been to all but 2 or 3 since.

First handgun was a CZ85, back when most you mob hadn't even heard of CZ.  It had a single port comp made from the barrel of a M98 Mauser by a previous owner.

When the barrel cracked forward of the locking lug I paid way too much for a Tanfog P19 Silver Team Open Gun complete with PDP3.

Shooting 9mm major at about 182PF I went through a couple of barrels over a couple of years, rounding the locking lugs from the quick unlocking.

Got a custom built Para in 38 Super and shot that for over 15 years with the only replacement part needed was one mag release.

The slide eventually cracked through the ejection port so I ordered a custom SVI.

I took delivery of that about 6 months before the World Shoot in Florida. (Who the fuck designs a range to face into the rising sun?)

Once the Shadow 2 Optics Ready guns arrive I plan on doing a bit of Production Optics cause that looks like a real hider Division at the moment.

I have been a PM (Paper Master) but have slid back to A in Open, B in Standard and Production. 

No, I don't have any photo's of my (ex) wife's tits and believe me not even GuruOfGuns would want to see them if I did.

Yours Sincerely,

Mumbles

• GuanoLoco, Peally and GooldMember like this

#2 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:58 AM

Just checked my profile and it says I have been lurking here since September 2013 so I suppose I should do this shit. 

Glad to see that this forum has come back to a little bit of life, it's been going down hill since the +2 saga.

Started shooting IPSC in 1992, become an RO a few years later and a CRO a few years after that.  My first Nationals was 1995 and I have been to all but 2 or 3 since.
First handgun was a CZ85, back when most you mob hadn't even heard of CZ.  It had a single port comp made from the barrel of a M98 Mauser by a previous owner.
When the barrel cracked forward of the locking lug I paid way too much for a Tanfog P19 Silver Team Open Gun complete with PDP3.
Shooting 9mm major at about 182PF I went through a couple of barrels over a couple of years, rounding the locking lugs from the quick unlocking.
Got a custom built Para in 38 Super and shot that for over 15 years with the only replacement part needed was one mag release.
The slide eventually cracked through the ejection port so I ordered a custom SVI.
I took delivery of that about 6 months before the World Shoot in Florida. (Who the fuck designs a range to face into the rising sun?)
Once the Shadow 2 Optics Ready guns arrive I plan on doing a bit of Production Optics cause that looks like a real hider Division at the moment.
I have been a PM (Paper Master) but have slid back to A in Open, B in Standard and Production. 

No, I don't have any photo's of my (ex) wife's tits and believe me not even GuruOfGuns would want to see them if I did.

Yours Sincerely,
Mumbles

I had just about given up hope for introductions, and here comes Mumbles, knocking it out of the park with an intro post that is BOTH informative and entertaining.

It can be done!

Welcome to the international fraternity (or sorority, if you identify that way) of Doodies!
  • warpspeed likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#3 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

Sweet

#4 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:25 AM

Decent shooter, part of the old guard (I was 2 in 1992 you old bastard), weird stories about goofy guns... bout time. Welcome to the shit show.

Note to other new people, this is how you do an intro. You don't need to spittle swear words all over trying to fit in.

• GooldMember likes this

#5 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

Nice intro. I love the old stories of all the things that would’ve been doodie back in the 80’s and 90’s. Funny how history repeats itself.

#6 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

(I was 2 in 1992 you old bastard),

Damn dude you're old

• Peally likes this

#7 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • LocationIn the sauna, naked.

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

Adults talking here. Go play with Your Crayons.

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#8 BettieWhite

BettieWhite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHeart o' Dixie

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

Agree that the intro was solid...and that Mumbles has been around for a minute or 2 longer than me.

I'm kinda curious about 182PF Major 9 load...I feel like the guys who are running 175-178PF are pushing it pretty hard. Why so stout? Was this from when Major required 170 or 175 (I seem to recall it being one of those in the past...)? I wasn't playing the game then...

FYI - This is supposed to be a link to youtube clip of a snickers commercial to better explain my screen name. Apparently, my attitude can get abrasive when I'm hungry and you're stupid.

#9 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

Mumbles ..I suspect youre somewhere around my age. Old as dirt that is. I think the only difference though is that all these young whipper snappers would still love to see my girlfriends tits. Welcome!

#10 shreek

shreek

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:51 PM

When I started, Major was 175. There was much grousing from the oldsters about how these damn Johnny-Come-Latelys (the term 'noob' hadn't been invented yet as AOL (kids, ask a grandparent) hadn't yet worked out the business plan of repeatedly mailing everyone on the planet a CD (kids, ask a geezer. Sidle away slowly when they wax rhapsodic about some sort of "Pink Floyd") were limp-wristing the sport down from the old manly 180 or 185 or whatever they remembered it to be once long ago when they were young and spry and could easily put a whuppin down with 7 rounds of hardball just like Saint Browning and his disciple Cooper intended from the get-go.
  • Stranger Danger likes this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#11 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

I shot a few matches with 177pf in my Czechmate before chronoing, no pressure signs or anything. I know several guys that run high 170s pf in 2011 guns.

#12 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

I shot over 175 PF in my Springfield P9 (Tanfoglio small frame) Open gun with 147s and broke slide stops. They didn't have 9 Major back then, it was 9x21, which is the same thing with a marginally longer case to satisfy USPSA.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#13 Mumbles

Mumbles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Thanks for the welcome, people.

Yes the 182 pf loads were from the days of 175 major. You got to have a bit of a buffer as you can never trust the chrono gods.
135g Teflon coated lead with a compressed load of 571 and small rifle primers was the load, from memory. Don't think I ever used 125s but it was a while ago now.
Note- don't try this at home etc etc. I found some rounds years later. Pulled the projies and there was a solid compressed plug ofpowder that I had to dig out with a screwdriver.
Yeh, it felt violent and, as noted, wore out the locking lugs but 19 rounds of major (24 with extended mag bases) was too good to pass up.
Then I shot a comped 38 Super 1911 and it felt like a smooth well oiled machine so I knew I had to switch.
  • warpspeed and Yard Sale like this

#14 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:43 AM

I still love the guys that decide they are going to shoot single stack major and haven’t started loading yet. Those factory 230 grain 45’s are over 200PF. Muzzle be flipping like a fucking fish and they are just trying to hang on to the gun

#15 BettieWhite

BettieWhite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHeart o' Dixie

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

I still love the guys that decide they are going to shoot single stack major and haven’t started loading yet. Those factory 230 grain 45’s are over 200PF. Muzzle be flipping like a fucking fish and they are just trying to hang on to the gun

Need more grip and some Wheaties.
  • ralloway and Stranger Danger like this

FYI - This is supposed to be a link to youtube clip of a snickers commercial to better explain my screen name. Apparently, my attitude can get abrasive when I'm hungry and you're stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users