#41 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Where did you guys find this info/release?

#42 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

Where did you guys find this info/release?

Weekly email blast from HQ.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#43 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:41 AM

On most of these it looks like the HHF assumption that CO needs a way higher HHF than Production is gone. Most have CO and Production at the same HHF. With El Pres, it's lower.
We don't even have 10 CO GMs yet so it did appear that the CO HHFs were a bit high.

Should be higher than Prod? I don't shoot a dot, but it seems like it should be faster. If the data show rough parity, that's what the data show--but is it because CO and Prod are the same, or because there's more heat and more runs in Prod? Will CO and Prod HHFs will start spreading apart over time?

That sounds sketchy as hell, I would have to see the data.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#44 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:09 AM

Ha. You're C class now, chief. 

Screw you buddy, I'd still be a dirty nutsack B class baller... by 1.5%

#45 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:26 AM

From what I'm seeing,looks like what would have been 100% will now be 85-90%.

GREAT!!!!

Now I'll have to take a class from Steeger AND the Nicest Guy in USPSA just to crack A Class...

#46 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

I'd like someone to explain that to me. They remvoed the outliers? Does that mean ones that the SS guys shot? If so, to justify increasing some by 13%, they're basically saying they're are still some bad ass mofos out there laying down some killer clsissfiers. These shooters are not at my club or any club near me.

Take a look at the top 12 in Production....all those fuckers are BAD ASS, and each and everyone has lightening bolts coming outta their asses when they shoot....I've seen it....just sayin'....

#47 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:36 AM

I went thru my recent production classifiers, it appears production HHFs have been adjusted up by maybe 1 HF.

attachicon.gif production HHF.bmp

We are just really lucky Steeger didn't do his "Hondo Project"....you know, shooting well over a 100% on every classifier....

#48 B_RAD

B_RAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:38 AM

Wonder if Foley will chime in here and shine a little more light on how they did everything?....
You serious, Clark?

#49 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:39 AM

I am definitely doing a lot of things wrong.....th highest HF I've ever gotten, EVER, was like 5.55....fuck I'm doomed!

#50 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

One post is good, but if you have to post four in a row just don't.

#51 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

Wonder if Foley will chime in here and shine a little more light on how they did everything?....

Careful what you wish for....

#52 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

Good to see them using numbers that appear to be calculated rather than rounded off or pulled from someone's ass.

CO is now the new grandbagger division. No reason any of it's HF's should be lower than Prod except that most CO shooters are blind or noobs and spend three seconds doing the dot-wiggle-dance on every draw. After all, a Prod gun with a non-functional glass slapped on top is legal for CO.

It would be interesting to see if the SS difference to Prod is just the old fart factor or there really is an advantage to the double-stack reload.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#53 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:53 AM

Good to see them using numbers that appear to be calculated rather than rounded off or pulled from someone's ass.

CO is now the new grandbagger division. No reason any of it's HF's should be lower than Prod except that most CO shooters are blind or noobs and spend three seconds doing the dot-wiggle-dance on every draw. After all, a Prod gun with a non-functional glass slapped on top is legal for CO.

It would be interesting to see if the SS difference to Prod is just the old fart factor or there really is an advantage to the double-stack reload.

Is SS lower than prod now? All the old SS hit factors were right on top of Limited.

#54 Beef

Beef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

Can you count is fun, I'd rather it be tweaked however it needs to be rather than scrapped. I've always been fairly consistently M on it (hell probably A now), it's pretty much the "how fast can you pull a trigger" test.

It is pretty fun. Apparently that is a rarer skill than I thought based on that match's results.

Me and one other guy both easily hit more than 20% over current (2% out of B at which point it'd count), USPSA didn't acknowledge my petition, he called and they told him no. 

#55 Part Of Me

Part Of Me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

I shot Baseball Standards last night. I shot it pretty good - 97 HF, my personal record. According to the old system it would be 80.83% in Production. Now - 100%.  

• Alma and GooldMember like this

#56 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

We ain't seeing anybody from Uspsa command  posting on this forum ever again. I'm sure of that.

• B_RAD likes this

#57 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

Mine dropped 9%. To go from 3% away from GM to the top of A class seems like a huge punch. At the thin end of the curve to overnight ask me to be 10-12% better now to make my goal just seems ridic.

-- Rowdy on benos

That's quite the gut punch.

• not that bryan and ralloway like this

#58 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

WOW! four  of my last six would score 4 to 8 % lower and only one would have gone up 4%

#59 trgt

trgt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

Should be higher than Prod? I don't shoot a dot, but it seems like it should be faster. ....

Dot is really only faster 13 yards or so and out vs iron sight - considering addl. time to sharpen up front sight and/or get rear sight alignment.

At classifier speeds, 10 yards and in or when target focus distance, iron sight is easier/faster.

The 'other' CO advantage vs PROD when looking at match scores is zero or one reload per stage.

#60 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

Dot is really only faster 13 yards or so and out vs iron sight - considering addl. time to sharpen up front sight and/or get rear sight alignment.
At classifier speeds, 10 yards and in or when target focus distance, iron sight is easier/faster.

The 'other' CO advantage vs PROD when looking at match scores is zero or one reload per stage.

I disagree with all of this, but I just barely scraped into A class so my opinion doesn’t matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users