105 replies to this topic

#101 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:03 AM

Well then a high M class score being the limits of your current skill might indicate that the HHF bump was probably an accurate adjustment.

That’s what I keep coming back to; as a rarely practicing A class (I’m betting you’re better than myself) should I really be upset that they adjusted solid M-class times out of my reach? Probably not.

Meh, I don’t particularly care one way or another whether it is harder or easier, but I do think the pendulum has swung a bit too far in the other direction... I. E. It is more likely for me to shoot a solid A class match vs good GM’s at a sectional than would be for me to rip off a string of solid A Class classifiers... Essentially, per the classification system, I am over classed and should be dropped down to B if the absolute best I can do on any given classifier is the middle of my current classification. My original post was merely an observation on the magnitude of the shift.

#102 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:08 AM

I can place among the top M's at any section match in my region, but I usually pooch classifiers pretty bad at club matches. It is what it is I guess, it has never been an easy system to climb.

• TCB likes this

#103 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:34 AM

I'm a mid B shooter. Last four classifiers were 76.8775, 18.1277, 79.8722, and 69.4123. About were I should be. Im still inching up.  It won't be a big deal in the long haul.

• TCB likes this

#104 shreek

shreek

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:08 AM

If you suck at classifiers that pretty much just means you suck at standing reloads and stacking A's at speed on partial targets.

Which you can generally make up for with more speed elsewhere in a big stage. Right up until you can't.

Not a problem at most local and sectional matches, but when you hit a match where it does matter, that's where the guys that can lay down classifiers on demand crush everyone.
  • TCB and GooldMember like this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#105 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:36 AM

I used to think there was a difference in stage shooting and classifier shooting but there isn't.

It's all just shooting.

Despite the limited types of scenarios tested by classifiers, they are a remarkably accurate analogue of total ability.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• TCB, GooldMember and flyingpig like this

#106 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

Regardless if you have a GM or M card....you still have to fucking go out there and slay balls....or else you’d be a paper GM or M and getting beat by a shit load of A and B class shooters at like the Georgia Sectional, Alabama Sectional and that area’a match.....go fucking check the results and see for yourself.....so the hit factor got adjust SO FUCKING WHAT!!!!
Go practice, get better, shoot more matches and improve.
Now my rants done....go back to bitchin’....plus my trucks done so I’m outta here.
  • Stranger Danger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users