#21 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:45 PM

Rain looks spotty. Hopefully it  won't be a problem.

Edit: so much for that statement. looks like a possible mud fest.

#22 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:55 AM

Great match. Cool and misty for the first half (stupid bags on targets), kinda ballsy hot the second half but it was nice after everything. Good stages not relying on goofy ass activators and crap, just tests of shooting which is always a plus. Haven't really had anything to complain about the last two years, they've been great matches. Even the match shirts this year were kickass. Shot with the production super squad which was great personality and skill/competition wise; I wish I could get that at club matches but obviously that's not typically possible.

I placed 5th yet again, which I'm pretty sure is my perpetual placement at section matches. I feel like this is the third or fourth time in a row. Oh well, there was a whole heap of shit I need to refine as usual, it's a moment of learning.

Hope you guys all had a good time and I'll see you at Holmen next year.

• SlivGod likes this

#23 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:40 AM

I enjoyed the hell out of this match. The weather wasn't great, but not bad either. Other than stage 2, I thought all of the stages were interesting and challenging in a number of ways. It was a technical match, which I quite liked.
  • Peally likes this

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#24 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:47 AM

It was pretty good. Stages were good. Rain and footing was what is was, cant change that. RO scoring calls were questionable on some stages as some didn't know how to use an overlay properly. But Jay put on a great match. I liked the interesting way to give away prizes with drawing cards in each squad throughout the day.

• Peally likes this

#25 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

1st Stage (6)... 5 mikes. Last stage (5).... 1 mike and 2 no-shoots. Good bye, see ya later, better luck next year. Hahaha. 

Now that I got the first major jitters out of my system maybe I can have better performances at Area 5 , and Illinois section.

• SlivGod likes this

#26 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:16 AM

They get easier if you do a few. Make sure you're going the day before to figure out all of your stage plans or you're gonna have a shitty time on match day.

• flyingpig likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users