Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:47 PM

Hold my beer...

Good lord what an attention whore

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#22 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:28 PM

Hydrate early and often. I’m alternating between water, Propel and and occasional G2 Gatorade. The Gatorade can make me go acidy though so I drink it sparngly.

I was never a big ice or cold drinks guy, just go out, sweat lots and drink lots. Lots in, lots out, still don’t pee enough. I’ve been trying to use a cooler and colder drinks more recently though and it can help to lower your body temp.

Most of my live fire is in the middle of the day or late afternoon in Alabama, when the sun in low enough so that the bay coevrs provide little shade. I also am prone to weedeating large areas (3-4 tanks of gas easy) in the middle of the day so I’m reasonable innoculated. It still can take a toll though.

Get off the damn road crew.

• Stranger Danger likes this

#23 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

The judge says 3 more months.

#24 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

I boil some water, drop a bag of salt in it, and use skills developed during my heroin shooting days to give myself some IV fluids. 

• Matt1 and MEISTERB like this
Bonafide asshole

#25 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:41 PM

You guys are doing it all wrong. If you want to survive shooting for multiple days in brutal heat (45+ degrees Celsius) all you need to do is drink copious amounts of gin the night before.

That’s a whirled chute champ approved method right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#26 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:01 PM

Hydrate early and often. I’m alternating between water, Propel and and occasional G2 Gatorade. The Gatorade can make me go acidy though so I drink it sparngly.

I was never a big ice or cold drinks guy, just go out, sweat lots and drink lots. Lots in, lots out, still don’t pee enough. I’ve been trying to use a cooler and colder drinks more recently though and it can help to lower your body temp.

Back in my working-in-the-woods days, this was pretty much the mantra. When you are doing 14 16s in a row on a fire, it just becomes a volume problem more than anything. We generally would try to do about a 2:1 water to gatorade ratio to keep our salt up, but the biggest thing is just keep putting in more and more liquid. Drink lots beforehand, drink lots at breakfast (coffee included, all that "the caffeine dehydrates you, don't do it" crap is exactly that, crap. It still hydrates, and is often a lot easier to put down in the morning than straight water), drink lots during the day, and drink lots after you are done.

Get ahead of the curve, and stay there. 

#27 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:18 AM

Get out of the AC and acclimate.  Water is a crutch, and it will only make you sweat.  Gatorade is for women.  Stop being a pussy.  Granular vaginitis is a terrible disease, but it's curable.

• GuruOfGuns, CheesyD and Stranger Danger like this

#28 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

Just shot  5K 5 stage, Run n Gun today, actually ended up 4.5 miles. drank 2 12 oz bottles of water during.

Weighed in pre-match 207 lbs , with all guns, mags, water, etc. 239 lbs, after with just wet clothes on 202 lbs.

I started drinking first of the week, but also worked out in the heat all week setting up the match, so it was hard to get ahead.

#29 TryHarder

TryHarder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:36 PM

Move back to Alaska in the summer. That's my plan.

#30 BettieWhite

BettieWhite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationHeart o' Dixie

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Move back to Alaska in the summer. That's my plan.

Best suggestion yet!

FYI - This is supposed to be a link to youtube clip of a snickers commercial to better explain my screen name. Apparently, my attitude can get abrasive when I'm hungry and you're stupid.

#31 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:46 PM

No joke, Pedialyte Advanced Care in powder form, so I dont have lug more than one type of fluid around with me. Shit works wonders, especially in Georgia where humidity is 50% or higher every damn day during the summer, with almost no breeze.

Keeps the dehydration headaches away. Used to get ‘em frequently, even with plenty of water and Gatorade. Now, not so much.

#32 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:34 AM

where humidity is 50% or higher every damn day during the summer, with almost no breeze.

Pussy, it's rarely below 50%, even in Houston winters.

#33 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:07 AM

Pussy, it's rarely below 50%, even in Houston winters.

It’s been almost 90% every day for two months straight....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users