144 replies to this topic

#41 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:03 AM

Your definition of "used" is hilarious. Attempting to use and using are two different things. But to you they are not.

not my definition, it's the definition I got independently from two different RMI's. I happen to agree with it, but if you prefer making the sport stupider and more like IDPA, that's fine with me. It rarely becomes an issue. In 6 years of shooting and working major matches, and hundreds of local matches, I've only seen this problem crop up once, so I doubt it's the end of the world.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#42 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

so, do you set the NSs low behind the poppers like 03-12 or at 5' where they almost may as well not be there?

pictures are not really definitive since they don't have specific measurements. we set them where the words tell us to set them because they have specific measurements. And I agree they may as well not be there.

#43 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

not my definition, it's the definition I got independently from two different RMI's. I happen to agree with it, but if you prefer making the sport stupider and more like IDPA, that's fine with me. It rarely becomes an issue. In 6 years of shooting and working major matches, and hundreds of local matches, I've only seen this problem crop up once, so I doubt it's the end of the world.

Well maybe... just maybe... Those RMs should work with DNROI to add their personal definitions of the word to A3 of the rulebook.

#44 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

Well maybe... just maybe... Those RMs should work with DNROI to add their personal definitions of the word to A3 of the rulebook.

if that's what it takes to get  retards to stop being retards, maybe it will happen. That's pretty much how most of the rules got in the book in the first place. Dumb motherfuckers did stupid shit until the grown-ups did something about it.

• Doc likes this

#45 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

Just remind me not to shoot stages at the match this shit happened at.

Maybe next time just do an unloaded start.
  • Mistadobalina likes this

#46 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

if that's what it takes to get  retards to stop being retards, maybe it will happen. That's pretty much how most of the rules got in the book in the first place. Dumb motherfuckers did stupid shit until the grown-ups did something about it.

Stopping retards from being retarded is literally 100% the point of the rule book. So I would say yes, Add to it as some people think the word "use/d" doesn't actually mean to use something.

#47 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:23 AM

Just remind me not to shoot stages at the match this shit happened at.

Maybe next time just do an unloaded start.

McHenry IPSC Shooting Society. We shoot Oct - May 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays. We also shoot last Saturdays of the month year round.

Feel free to show up to none of them. We tend to have a waitlist anyways.

• flyingpig likes this

#48 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

Stopping retards from being retarded is literally 100% the point of the rule book. So I would say yes, Add to it as some people think the word "use/d" doesn't actually mean to use something.

it does appear that some people think 'used' means some very specific kind of use, even tho it's a general term. No fixing stupid I guess.

• Doc likes this

#49 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

it does appear that some people think 'used' means some very specific kind of use, even tho it's a general term. No fixing stupid I guess.

Well the obvious thing is that there is a difference of opinion on the subject and that it needs to be defined in the rule book. Once it is, its a non issue as we all have the same point of reference.

#50 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:32 AM

if the stage says use ammo on table... can you mid stage go to your range bag and take ammo and use that instead without penalty?

#51 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:35 AM

if the stage says use ammo on table... can you mid stage go to your range bag and take ammo and use that instead without penalty?

different topic than the one I was talking about, and much more straightforward. I was only discussing the situation where the first mag is on the table (or otherwise not from the belt).

I suspect you can't go to your range bag tho, even tho it isn't specified in the rules. Otherwise I might have done that when I forgot all my mags except the first 2 at nationals a few years ago.

#52 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:37 AM

different topic than the one I was talking about, and much more straightforward. I was only discussing the situation where the first mag is on the table (or otherwise not from the belt).

I suspect you can't go to your range bag tho, even tho it isn't specified in the rules. Otherwise I might have done that when I forgot all my mags except the first 2 at nationals a few years ago.

No we are discussing the definition of the word "use".  Its not a different topic, its the definition of a word.

Why can't you go to your range back?  If they tell you, you have to "use" the ammo off the table.. then they're creating a specific definition of the word use... not a general term... and that's a no-no according to post #48.

#53 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

All this because a damn open shooter couldn't load their gun without fucking up.... smdh, even the PCC guys got it.

#54 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

All this because a damn open shooter couldn't load their gun without fucking up.... smdh, even the PCC guys got it.

You act like you know... or were there... or were the stage designer... or something... IDK...

• flyingpig likes this

#55 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:47 AM

Just speculating.

#56 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

No we are discussing the definition of the word "use".  Its not a different topic, its the definition of a word.

Why can't you go to your range back?  If they tell you, you have to "use" the ammo off the table.. then they're creating a specific definition of the word use... not a general term... and that's a no-no according to post #48.

Umm. wut? I know you are a smart guy, but that post sure doesn't sound like it. Probably you are just trolling and pretending to be dumb.

'all ammo (or mags) used' has not much to do with 'first mag used'. It seems pretty clear to me, but I am good at math and english.

#57 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Soo... Doc you basically cannot find any evidence to support your claim of what "used" mean nor can you dispute that the per shot penalty is clearly wrong. 

Just dismissing stuff as "dumb" or "it should say" …

Got it.

I haven't offered a definition for 'use'. I said that it is too broad a term to be in the WSB. See below. And I already said why I think the per shot penalty is wrong.

Reductio ad adsurbum fallicy.  Too blatantly obvious and stupid to even discuss.

Just because you won't let go of it, I'll give you the definition of use a range lawyer might make at the arb for this cluster fuck.

"I inserted the mag and the mag catch didn't click it in secure and the mag fell out. I didn't know if the problem was the mag itself, the catch in the gun or my failure to seat the mag fully. I grabbed one from my belt at went on. You might argue that that would be a procedural for not using the first mag on the stage, but I made the good faith attempt."

Then the good ole boys of McHenry IPSC Shooting Society could convene and decide the fate of the shooter in question.

Here's another. He used the mag until it stopped working and then went to a second mag.

Not MY definitions, possible shooter definitions all centered around a term that has lots of definitions and is not precisely defined in the rule book.

MY point is, the WSB is ambiguous because of the word 'use' and 'mag', complicated by specifying a PORTION of the shooter's supply instead of all or none.

I make no specific definition of 'use' for that reason - The point you seem to be missing.

• Mistadobalina likes this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#58 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

Just because you won't let go of it, I'll give you the definition of use a range lawyer might make at the arb for this cluster fuck.

"Might use" LOL OK... more hypotheticals.  I cant tell if TGO isnt letting go or Doc and Moto are running behind him with said thing he wont let go saying "Hey... you dropped this"

#59 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:11 AM

The rules address things competitors and match officials 'might do' or 'might fail to do'.

By your logic, those rules are invalid.

It is clear that now you are just trolling or being stupid.

Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#60 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:14 AM

The shooter in question is the club president :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

• flyingpig likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users