• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bounce

Bounce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

I'm hoping someone here has some insider knowledge.

I've been waiting almost 3 months for their 185gr JHP to come back into stock.

Every time I've called I've been told something a little different - '10 to 14 days' or 'within a month.'

I don't have enough history with them to know if this is common with .45ACP, I've been buying 9mm from them for several years.

So, hopefully someone can fill me in so I can decide if I need to find a different bullet.

Thanks.

#2 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

I had a conversation with them on regarding this bullet a couple years ago. At that time I was told that they don't run that bullet very often so it was difficult to predict when they would have it in stock. The Nosler Custom Comp is a great substitute for this bullet and Shooter's Pro Shop has sales on seconds and over runs from time to time. I now run the 230gr in part because I got tired of availability issues on the 185's and because the G30 I got has ejection pattern issues with the lighter bullets. I would pick a different bullet.
  • Bounce likes this

#3 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:12 PM

Montana Gold!!!!!

Because Montana

#4 Bounce

Bounce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:28 PM

Well, after comparing prices, I jumped on a couple cases of Montana Gold, I've shot a bunch of it over the years and always thought it was too pricey.

The Nosler Custom Comp's at Shooter's Pro Shop came in at 17.3 cents a piece, the Montana Gold Came in at 15.8 cents a piece.

That is quite a jump up from the 13 cents a piece I was paying for Precision Delta.

I know Zero is at 13.8 but decided on the Gold.

Anyways, my wallet is a lot lighter, thanks for the suggestions.

#5 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:39 AM

Is there some reason y’all aren’t shooting polymer-coated boolits? I get it for 9Grenades, maybe, but not for other handgun rounds.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#6 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:15 AM

Is there some reason y’all aren’t shooting polymer-coated boolits? I get it for 9Grenades, maybe, but not for other handgun rounds.

JHPs group better and smoke less than polymer. I'm happy practicing with coated, but I'll spend the extra $3 or whatever to shoot a match knowing that smoke will not be an issue.

• ToddKS, GooldMember and racetaco like this

#7 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:29 AM

I know a guy... I'll try to steer him over this way.

#8 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

"PD is in the process of re-designing our 185 JHP. It will have an updated profile, updated jacketed design, and cavity. It will also be manufactured on a different machine. Our original design has been around a long time, and works well, but the new bullet will be better in every way. I expect the new design to be available in 2-3 months."

From Precision Delta's engineer/resident nationally competitive shooter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users