Photo

Something for all the fat slobs on Doodie ................

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:05 PM

:lol: 

A 5K or 10K Biathlon which will require a rifle and pistol. There are 5 stages with a short run between stages. 10K will run and shoot the entire course twice. Competitors will carry everything on their person from start to finish. 10K minimalist will be allowed to resupply before starting the 2nd leg, Trooper will carry everything from start to finish. 

This is a run-what-you-brung, field-style shooting event, with 5 divisions. 

5K Minimalist - Carry as much or as little weight as you want. Packs and belts can be removed prior to shooting a course of fire. 

10K Minimalist - Carry as much or as little weight as you want. Packs and belts can be removed prior to shooting a course of fire. Competitors will shoot and run the course twice which means you will need double the amount of ammo. Minimalists will be able to stop at their truck for a resupply after the first leg is complete. 

5K Trooper - Minimum of 40 lbs of gear must be on the competitor when they finish. Includes, rifle, pistol, packs, plate carriers, mags, and belts. No clothing counts toward the 40#. You may not ditch any equipment prior to shooting. 

10K Trooper - Minimum of 40 lbs of gear must be on the competitor when they finish. Includes, rifle, pistol, packs, plate carriers, mags, and belts. No clothing counts toward the 40#. You may not ditch any equipment prior to shooting. Competitors will shoot and run the course twice which means you will need double the amount of ammo. Trooper must carry all ammo for the entire 10 stages from start to finish with no re-supply. 

PCC(Minimalist) - A pistol caliber rifle, 9mm, .40, .45 Carry as much or as little weight as you want. Packs and belts can be removed prior to shooting a course of fire. PCC will shoot the same targets as the other divisions, as in a real life scenario there will be +/- to carrying a PCC. 

There will be pistol targets from 7-50yds possibly a few longer pistol on 18x24" plate, rifle from 50-600yds. 

It will give participants an idea of how being hot/cold, exhausted, and challenged by the environment affects their shooting, and the effectiveness of their gear under difficult conditions. Some open field running, mostly trails in the woods, hills, creek crossings, etc. This event will take place no matter the weather conditions, so come prepared. 
:

#2 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

I am a trooper for reading their GIANT FONT.

Like any other match why would you go there to "get an idea of how being _______ affects shooting". Fucking practice before the scored match you twats.

#3 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:10 PM

These things are pretty fun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

#4 Beef

Beef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:27 PM

They did one a few hours from the house a week or two ago.

Reports from the folks that went made me wish I had.

Next time I will, hope it's less hot.

#5 htomeheb

htomeheb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:01 AM

Reading this at first sounded like OP's hypothetical tough guy match but given the responses, this is actually a thing?

I have questions.

The entire event is timed?

How is it run? One person at a time and they start the next shooter at intervals?

Are guns ULSC or safed and run?

Do you stop to manage ammo/stuff mags or do you require enough mags to shoot the entire event? 

40lbs at finish? So you need 40lbs of bullshit PLUS ammo? What the fuck else do you need that weighs 40lbs? 

#6 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:54 AM

These things are pretty fun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I HATE running distance - but, they are very fun

Reading this at first sounded like OP's hypothetical tough guy match but given the responses, this is actually a thing?

I have questions.

The entire event is timed?

How is it run? One person at a time and they start the next shooter at intervals?

Are guns ULSC or safed and run?

Do you stop to manage ammo/stuff mags or do you require enough mags to shoot the entire event? 

40lbs at finish? So you need 40lbs of bullshit PLUS ammo? What the fuck else do you need that weighs 40lbs? 

Both run and stages are timed (separately) each are 50% of total score.

New runner/shooter starts every 8 minutes (varies a bit depending on venue) if you catch up to somebody at a stage and have to wait to shoot that is timed as well, and subtracted from your run time.
Stages are run like any other match, except scoring is Hit or Miss, due to no squad- only shooter and RO at a stage most of the time. 

Mostly all steel for fast scoring/reset

Make  Ready/ULSC just like any match

You can stop anytime on your "run time" to adjust gear, load mags, etc. 

Once in the Wait Area/ Wait Time, you can ONLY drink, eat a snack. No fiddling with gear, mags, etc.

Trooper is for diehard guys who like to push their limits, many are MIL., ex-MIL, SWAT, and run in full gear with plate carrier and plates. Some more mild Preppers enter, the "hard core" preppers usually can't shoot so they stay away. OPSEC and all that ;) .

One MIL was a radioman, he ran with it . Everything but clothing counts towards the 40#

The guys running Trooper 10K will start with 60-65# of gear/ammo

#7 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

Here's a few pics from the last 2 at my place.
Some of the rougher trails
nu0P6JOh.jpg

nJQBemZh.jpg

Ar6geumh.jpg

A 6' wall to climb over
JFU2Iq3h.jpg

My best side
6m0LXf1h.jpg

A rifle heavy stage
tAsMOhMh.jpg

#8 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

The easy trails look like this
bAdZM7gh.jpg

This is a 75' rope, 
pCX3Zyuh.jpg

Semi difficult trail
s2vI1e8h.jpg

Some stuff just sucks
EVElIB3h.jpg
gR57QHWh.jpg
Sand pit
9ZF1zPVh.jpg

Antifa protest stage
Rqrz9pFh.jpg
ARwwgknh.jpg

Escape from ISIS
LDK9yMih.jpg
2ZPZDVzh.jpg

#9 htomeheb

htomeheb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

Thats kind of hilarious.

I'm intrigued. 

#10 EazyRhino

EazyRhino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:40 PM

You could play some paintball scenario and have way more fun.

#11 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:47 PM

Running is what people who don't have cars do.
  • Peally and Stranger Danger like this

#12 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:33 AM

I would sign up for this. however, 5k is far. I think the most I run is to the fridge for another beer. 

• Just Some Random Hoser and Stranger Danger like this

#13 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

I have found that if I leave before my beer is finished I don't have to run.  Much better. 

#14 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:46 PM

I would sign up for this. however, 5k is far. I think the most I run is to the fridge for another beer. 

I have found that if I leave before my beer is finished I don't have to run.  Much better. 

Guess you could "pre-stage" beer at the end of stage 5, just have to run/walk/puke 1/2 mile to the finish.

#15 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:48 AM

Now I'm interested.

#16 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:14 AM

If I can do the running part on a dirt bike I'm in. Otherwise it's just a running race for slow people.

#17 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:32 PM

If I can do the running part on a dirt bike I'm in. Otherwise it's just a running race for slow people.

I've had about 5 request a mountain bike division, if we could get 8 sure entries, I would do that. 

Some of our trails would be tough on a MB.

#18 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:11 AM

I've had about 5 request a mountain bike division, if we could get 8 sure entries, I would do that.
Some of our trails would be tough on a MB.

It would get me to actually watch video with stage times in excess of 30 seconds. In general I find 3-gun unwatchable: although I still find it appealing to shoot that same stage, you can forget me watching tacticool jogging.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#19 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:02 PM

I'd much prefer backpacking where I can enjoy a quiet week over something like this. I like my matches done quickly so I can still have time to do other crap on Sunday.

#20 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:27 PM

I'd much prefer backpacking where I can enjoy a quiet week over something like this. I like my matches done quickly so I can still have time to do other crap on Sunday.

jealous. 

some matches around here start at 10 and finish at 430. just in time to drive a hour home, eat and listen to my wife bitch that I didn't do any of her chores all weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users