Photo

Something for all the fat slobs on Doodie ................

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

I'd much prefer backpacking where I can enjoy a quiet week over something like this. I like my matches done quickly so I can still have time to do other crap on Sunday.

How short are the matches you shoot ? 2- 3 classifier stages??

Fastest guys are done in about 60 minutes, Last place about 120 minutes.

These are on Sat. so you have all day Sun to crap :D

#22 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

Usually ~6 stages around here. Dunno what's different but usually matches start around 9ish and end around 2ish (I'm generalizing but it's been a while since I was at an all day club match). There's usually time for an early dinner on the way home.

#23 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

Usually ~6 stages around here. Dunno what's different but usually matches start around 9ish and end around 2ish (I'm generalizing but it's been a while since I was at an all day club match). There's usually time for an early dinner on the way home.

Same here.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#24 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

You pick your start/run time, a new shooter/runner starts every 8 minutes. When you make it through all 5 stages your done, and can leave anytime.

We do shooter briefings every hour, so you show up 10 minutes before your "run block" , so if you picked a 9am start show up early enough to get your gear on , and to the 8:50 brief, then take off. If your good you'll be done in about an hour. If you walk the whole thing and time out on every stage - well - you get your $$ worth :lol:

It's a pretty individual sport, you may/may not see anyone but the RO's, sometimes with the later start times you may have a short wait time when arriving at a stage, if there are slower shooters ahead of you. Occasionally may pass someone on the trail. 

Wait time doesn't count against you, some guys like it, as it's a free rest time. I prefer to run early, but at our match I run last as a "sweeper" just to make sure everybody is out. 

#25 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:16 AM

So how many people are acting as RO/timekeepers for the 5 stages and staying the whole time?

It seems like it would cut down on the camaraderie of shooting with friends, not clear on how this works.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#26 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:00 AM

Could always show up at the same time as your buddies. Shooting alone sounds kinda silly.

#27 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:27 PM

So how many people are acting as RO/timekeepers for the 5 stages and staying the whole time?

It seems like it would cut down on the camaraderie of shooting with friends, not clear on how this works.

Usually 1 RO per stage, sometimes on a bigger stage 2.

It's more about testing yourself and your gear, you can always stick around to BS with everybody as they finish.

Could always show up at the same time as your buddies. Shooting alone sounds kinda silly.

Many signup in consecutive time slots, you can always do some smack talking then you pass them on the trail

#28 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:55 PM

I'll give you this one. As little as this match appeals to me running it how you described is really the only smart way to do it. Nicely done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users