Photo

IPSC and money, what are Pinto´s intentions?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Kraut

Kraut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:38 AM

http://ipsc.invision...ancial-matters/

Hi guys,

I must say that a number of items deeply concern me:

1) As an introduction, the 2017 accounts Statement of Revenues and Expenses shows a loss of C$16,255 (EUR 10,860). Of course, this is not the fault of the new administration because they are merely reporting the results of the previous administration. I also suspect that the loss was caused by the unsolicited reduction in membership fees, where the annual Affiliation Fee was reduced from US$600 to US$500, and the annual Per Capita Fee was reduced from US$5 to US$4 per head.

2) In all previous years, there was only one salary payable, and that was for the IPSC President. In 2017, it was C$65,277 (EUR 43,612). However, the new administration proposes paying salaries to two additional people, namely the IPSC Secretary (EUR 64,800) and the IPSC Treasurer (EUR 12,000), in addition to the (reduced) salary to the IPSC President (EUR 36,000), making a grand total of EUR 112,800. This is an increase of 259%. I will be very interested to know how the new administration intends to pay for that increase, especially since we're already operating at a loss.

3) As an aside, when I was Executive Director (in addition to performing 4 other major functions!!), I was only given an annual stipend of C$12,000 (EUR 8,014), but that was not paid by IPSC. It came out of the IPSC President's personal remuneration. The Chinese call this "tea money". Note that I have no argument with the current IPSC Secretary,  but I feel that the proposed level of remuneration is excessive. What has changed to justify it?

4) One of our major financial assets is the US$560,000 that I personally raised through the IPSC Patron program. However, I note in the 2017 accounts it says "At year end, $567,960 in cash and $5,828 of equipment was transferred to IPSC Sweden in accordance with the resolutions passed on August 26, 2017 (the date of the 2017 Assembly)"What resolution? I do not see any mention of Assembly approval for the transfer out of the funds in the 2017 Minutes. Who approved this, and under what authority? I love IPSC Sweden, but they're not authorised to hold Assembly funds. What the hell is going on?? 

---------

I'm sure the issues I've raised here will make the current IPSC Executive Council hate me even more than they do now (if that's possible), but I think my comments and questions are legitimate.

#2 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:58 AM

I almost wish I had a working GV login now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:03 AM

I love it when people use percent wrong.
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#4 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:05 AM

"They are getting paid more than I was, but then again, I was stealing more than they are. If I can't have my "job" where I can steal without any chance of going to jail, they can't have their jobs where they get paid more than I did."

Vince, get over it. You're out, they're in. You fucked up too many times, made too many enemies...give someone else the chance to fuck up and make enemies.

• Kraut and Stranger Danger like this

#5 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

Yeah my shit ain’t working at GV either....

#6 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Vince banned my a couple of years ago.

#7 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:31 PM

http://ipsc.invision...ancial-matters/

I notice he left off the 10% he awarded himself in exchange for raising that Patron program $$$.
  • Bjorn likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#8 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:49 PM

Wut? Someone else was hired in his place and is getting paid a different amount due to internal company changes?

Never bin dun before.

What a dumbass.

• Yard Sale and Buck Turgidson like this

#9 DownZero

DownZero

Whiney Pinhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:28 PM

The new administration has done a great job of removing him from office, they deserved a raise

• slemmo, Kraut, GuanoLoco and 1 other like this

#10 Bjorn

Bjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:35 AM

It is endearing to see Pinto turn from a corrupt POS into the concerned member acting in the best interest for IPSC.

He even started a thread to simplify the equipment rules, because quote:

"...we need crystal clear criteria to simplify matters at Gun Checks, because the last thing we need is for Match Officials to make subjective calls while a match is in progress".

Mind you, this guy made a business model out of creating unworkable set of rules, making himself irreplaceable to IPSC.

You literally had to airmail him a set of grips to get official IPSC approval for them. 

The level of shamelessness is fascinating. 

• Yard Sale and Buck Turgidson like this

#11 Kraut

Kraut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:13 AM

You literally had to airmail him a set of grips to get official IPSC approval for them. 

He returned them, being a honest guy?

#12 Bjorn

Bjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:38 AM

He returned them, being a honest guy?

I doubt anyone ever actually did mail him a set. It was just his go to deterrent answer to grip questions. 

#13 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:10 AM

I doubt anyone ever actually did mail him a set. It was just his go to deterrent answer to grip questions.

What was the criteria for acceptable vs. unacceptable grips?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#14 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:39 AM

What was the criteria for acceptable vs. unacceptable grips?

Nobody knows. The rules say “have to match the profile & contour of factory grips”.

He said Scales were ok for Tanfo’s but weren’t for CZ’s. LOK’s with the thumb relief for CZ’s were also no good.

I’ve recently switched back to LOK Palmswells for my S2 because I was sick of getting grief from RO’s over my Scales.

• ZachJ likes this

#15 Bjorn

Bjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

In his own words: 

We consider each set of grip panels on their own merits.

[...]

This is not an exact science. 

But before this turns into a major drift: does anyone think it is strange he critcizes the new administration about their first financial statement, yet the old administration never made their financial statements public (at least, AFAIK)?

#16 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:56 PM

Nobody knows. The rules say “have to match the profile & contour of factory grips”.

He said Scales were ok for Tanfo’s but weren’t for CZ’s. LOK’s with the thumb relief for CZ’s were also no good.

I’ve recently switched back to LOK Palmswells for my S2 because I was sick of getting grief from RO’s over my Scales.

Had to switch from the Scales to the LOKs 2 years ago because of that. In 2015, I looked at the Tanfo thread on them, saw that nobody had any issues with the holes in the Scales and they approved its use on Tanfos. Figured the CZs Scales were good to go, since they had holes as well, same profile and contours as the Tanfo Scales (this was my mistake). Only difference I think was that there were supposedly Tanfo factory (?) grips that matched the Scales profile and contours while the CZ didn't have any. Sounds fair so far depending on if there are Tanfo grips that match, and no CZ grips that match profile and contours.

In another grip panels thread of January this year, someone asked about the Scales again, and even with a supposedly (word of a shooter/poster) matching profile and contours, Vince said that the profile and contours do not match because of the large holes in the grips... ??? I know these aren't an exact science, and that in the end it falls to whoever is at the gun check when you end up through it for a given match but.. It doesn't exactly help when there's some lacking consistency on the "opinions/interpretations" on GV.

Curious, does Vince's disapproval of CZ Scales in the 2018 thread which previously match profile and contours according to the 2015/2016 definition apply to Tanfo Scales now since he said the CZ Scales weren't approved due to the large holes?

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#17 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:10 PM

In another grip panels thread of January this year, someone asked about the Scales again, and even with a supposedly (word of a shooter/poster) matching profile and contours, Vince said that the profile and contours do not match because of the large holes in the grips...
?

That was me

#18 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

In his own words:

But before this turns into a major drift: does anyone think it is strange he critcizes the new administration about their first financial statement, yet the old administration never made their financial statements public (at least, AFAIK)?

Everything about Vince is strange. There’s no point trying to make sense of it.

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#19 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

With Vince gone....we be good....right????

#20 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

Wasnt it his administration that prepared those statements? 🤔

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users