#21 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

I’d agree with all of that. Sight alignment not a problem, however I think my grip may be uneven in strength. Either that or I’m milking the grip on the DA pulls. Frequently get low left DA shots with the SA being right on.

More support hand thumb pressure can mitigate that.

#22 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

I put my thumb on my gun a few times many moons ago. Stopped after the front slide serrations stole a chunk of fingernail.

#23 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:23 AM

I’m fucking terrible and I know it.

Bombed my first legit classifier (golden bullet standards 06-06) as a uspsa member by not being able to follow simple directions. Popping two shots off on the first target, forgetting to switch hands etc. what should have been a simple pair of strings turned into a nightmare. Promptly got pissed off at myself and started cussing up a storm.

Not my proudest moment.

Honestly thought about just packing it in, DNFing and going home.

Then I got the fuck over it. Realized no one gives a shit how badly I did except for me and got the hell on with it. Rest of the day was easy.

Dunno what the hell is wrong with me. Inside matches, fine and dandy. Outside matches, full retard.

This last match showed me how glaringly obvious my shortcomings as a shooter are, and how much work I’ll have to do to overcome them. I simply don’t know enough. About everything.

#24 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:36 PM

Realized no one gives a shit how badly I did except for me and got the hell on with it.

Congratulations. You have realised an important truth about shooting. Most people take a while to get it and some never do.

Now that you know that literally no one (not even your mum) cares how bad you are (or how good) at shooting you will likely enjoy it more (especially when things aren't going well).
  • GuanoLoco likes this

#25 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:55 AM

Congratulations. You have realised an important truth about shooting. Most people take a while to get it and some never do.

Now that you know that literally no one (not even your mum) cares how bad you are (or how good) at shooting you will likely enjoy it more (especially when things aren't going well).

This advice sounds familiar. Where have I heard it before 🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:30 AM

Just a tad bummed about my performance on a classifier at my indoor match yesterday.

Classifier CM 99-48

Time was pretty good, for me at least, going in cold first shooter of the night at 8.7s. Hits not so good. 8A 2C 2M, with the two mikes coming in on the 12 yard tuxedo. Not my run that threw me, but the two mikes were just left of the a zone, I mean juuuust enough ,maybe 3/4 of an inch, to be all black instead of breaking the line.

I have a feeling I sped up slightly after the reload and had I taken just a little more time on the far target the hit factor would have been better.

Being a realist, I have the feeling that when I do get a classification it will either be high D or low C. Special Classifier match in December so I’ll see how much I can improve before then. Definitely not going to come out of the gate with a B classification by any means, but I’m going to try for mid to high C class. Won’t break my heart if I don’t get that far though. I mean shit I’ve been doing this uspsa thing for less than a year and the only live fire practice I get is the weekly indoor matches.

The one thing I did do differently was literally stand there and visualized how it was going to go in my head as I was standing on the line. I know, not much of an epiphany for some, but to me it was damn near a revelation, because it went down just about exactly how it went down in my head. Also helped to get rid of the jitters i usually get right before the buzzer goes off.

#27 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:17 PM

I’m a shitty shooter myself and I don’t really give a fuck on how well you shoot or not. Anyways transition speed is a thing, and next time you are visualizing the stage in your mind try to incorporate the speed you will be shooting the targets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users