#1 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:55 PM

Can anyone post the new rules document that Jeff mentioned on PSAD?

Vince still hates me and I CBF trying to setup a fake account.

Need to see what the deal is with the 3lb trigger pull. If it applies to DA/SA guns that’s going to suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:30 PM

I don't think its for DA/SA guns

#3 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

It wouldn’t make sense if it was but then PDO Lite isn’t exactly a great idea either 🤔

#4 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:09 PM

I havent read it but here are the relevant bits. Left out the rifle and steel target stuff on the last 4 pages because it was too big of a file. 

It's this rule in question I think. 

15. The minimum trigger pull must either be 2.27kg (5lbs.) for the first shot fired and no restriction for subsequent
shots fired, or 1.36kg (3lbs.) for every shot fired

Attached Files

#5 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

Woo. Two Carry Optics divisions. Take that, awards ceremony!

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#6 Bjorn

Bjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:26 PM

The trigger pull rule is done to get polymer striker fired guns back into matches. They just weren't competitive in IPSC Production anymore with a 5lbs. trigger pull for every shot. Even Bob Vogel admitted he switched to IPSC Standard, because he felt Glocks were not competitive in IPSC PD because of the rules.

The irony here is that the draft for PDO rules initiated the new trigger pull rule. So then, when polymer guns and steel guns can finally play together with a fair set of rules, they put them in separate divisions. I think the decision to propose two different PDO divisions is just silly.

Of course, the new trigger pull rule will also apply to regular PD, so it will likely have some effect there.

Edited to stress that it is an OR rule. You either have a 5lbs first shot (and whatever the fuck you like after the first shot) OR a 3lbs+ shot for every shot, from first to last.
There is no requirement for anyone to have 5lbs on the first AND 3lbs for subsequent pulls.

#7 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:36 PM

15. The minimum trigger pull must either be 2.27kg (5lbs.) for the first shot fired and no restriction for subsequent
shots fired, or 1.36kg (3lbs.) for every shot fired

Ahh. Seems reasonable.

I actually suggested basically this on the GV last year amongst some other suggestions for PD. I nearly got burnt at the stake!

#8 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:35 PM

Yeah the new trigger pull rule is sweet. Finally makes sense for guns like walther q5m to be run in ipsc prod.

2 pdo divisions is dumb as fuck. It wasn't the weight holding back plastic guns it was the 5lb trigger issue. Now that they fixed that 2 pdo divisions is not needed and just dumb.

I do like they allow slide milling in pdo though. Finally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users