Photo

Can we discuss this whole SUPERGRANDCHAMP thing?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 htomeheb

htomeheb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

40850727_232333377437091_504746261567891

#2 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#3 htomeheb

htomeheb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:24 PM

That could explain it. 

• SlivGod likes this

#4 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

Can someone explain this to me?

#5 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

I dub him Mr Jiggles.

I guess this is what Chunk from the Goonies does now.

Must have been stunted at puberty, he only grew a part of his chest hair.

Or maybe he just needed enough to glue that shit beard to his face and just stopped there.

But anyway, I don’t even know what super grand champ is, or what this picture is supposed to illustrate. I mean I see the Darth Vader and I see the unicorn. But, what’s the context.

If it’s malicious, is this what people do now? Just start random shit like attention whores and get away with it cause nobody can beat the brakes off of douchebags and nip this BS in the bud without some pussy shit-bird calling the cops?

The rule used to be “Talk shit, get hit” and you accepted the consequences.

So many unanswered questions, but that’s my knee jerk reaction, no info reaction to this.
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#6 htomeheb

htomeheb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

Can someone explain this to me?

Well, as far as I can tell...

Chris Tilley started off by posting videos of him and his squadmates at their local matches. He'd offer some insight as to why things were better or worse, and the video editing was kind of interesting in that he used ghost images of himself and other shooters shooting at the same time. An overlay instead of a side by side. It was kinda neat, and he was posting them like a normal human posts things on the internet. 

Next thing you know, he's posting nonsense like a crazy person about 20 times a day.  Maybe I'm just...out of the loop... But it seems that he's just trying to get his name out there any way he can. If i'm right, he was probably waiting for this post. 

#7 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

Why would a cauterized wound bleed? Nevermind.

• BenB likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#8 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:56 PM

Why would a cauterized wound bleed? Nevermind.

Ah. With this information I now realize it is just a bunch of ‘tards posting stupid shit on the internet to a tiny subscriber group.

Neva ben dun befo.
  • Sprung likes this

#9 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

Best I can tell, Supergrandchamp is the social media persona of Chris Tilley, as well as the title of his new match series at his newly built range, as well as the focus of his viral marketing campaign for said new match/range/training business.

It seems to be generating a cult following, especially among NC people in close proximity to the range. There are inside jokes and humorous antics by Tilley himself. The social media campaign is marked by a general wackiness and irreverence, plus a heavy dose of Photoshop. The thinking over at Supergrandchamp seems to be that all publicity is good publicity; which would explain the borderline spam-level post volume. And here we are, talking about it. So I'm not sure he's wrong.

I think some of it is funny. But my whole IG feed is Supergrandchamp lately, which is moderately annoying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• GooldMember likes this

#10 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:26 PM

If it’s malicious, is this what people do now? Just start random shit like attention whores and get away with it cause nobody can beat the brakes off of douchebags and nip this BS in the bud without some pussy shit-bird calling the cops?

The rule used to be “Talk shit, get hit” and you accepted the consequences.

So many unanswered questions, but that’s my knee jerk reaction, no info reaction to this.

Consider switching to decaf.

• GuanoLoco, peterthefish and GooldMember like this

#11 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:07 PM

Best I can tell, Supergrandchamp is the social media persona of Chris Tilley, as well as the title of his new match series at his newly built range, as well as the focus of his viral marketing campaign for said new match/range/training business.

It seems to be generating a cult following, especially among NC people in close proximity to the range. There are inside jokes and humorous antics by Tilley himself. The social media campaign is marked by a general wackiness and irreverence, plus a heavy dose of Photoshop. The thinking over at Supergrandchamp seems to be that all publicity is good publicity; which would explain the borderline spam-level post volume. And here we are, talking about it. So I'm not sure he's wrong.

I think some of it is funny. But my whole IG feed is Supergrandchamp lately, which is moderately annoying.

Pretty much exactly this except I haven't been annoyed by it yet because I only got instagram like 2 months ago and only follow 5 people anyway. 

They shoot year round down there so I might drive down from PA in December if I can catch some good weather. I guess the marketing is working

#12 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:11 AM

Bless his heart.

• warpspeed, Sprung, Buck Turgidson and 1 other like this

#13 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

This has been exactly what i have been getting out of it. I find it funny. He has lots of other videos on his youtube, and the bloopers/editing from them are often pretty humorous. 

#14 TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

Grand Douchebag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

This might help you fucks 

http://supergrandchamp.com/

• Douchy likes this

"""MAGS ALONG SIDE OF THE BOX BOB!!!!!!!!"""

#15 TennJeep1618

TennJeep1618

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

I think Supergrandchamp is the second coming of... something. I just haven't figured out what yet. Very amusing so far.

I paste faster than I shoot.

#16 jayohee

jayohee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

CT has been doing his YT video analysis for some time, but now that the website is up and the product options are available he’s trying to create traffic. Pretty simple

#17 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

I think Supergrandchamp is the second coming of... something. I just haven't figured out what yet. Very amusing so far.

The Rudy spam?

#18 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

What you need to watch out for is this.....isn’t Chris “usually” and open shooter.....some of those vids he shooting limited gear and production gear.....production folks, and him standing over Darth Vader, with Steeger face on there and his logo.....me thinks something is “ a foot”....

#19 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:22 PM

What you need to watch out for is this.....isn’t Chris “usually” and open shooter.....some of those vids he shooting limited gear and production gear.....production folks, and him standing over Darth Vader, with Steeger face on there and his logo.....me thinks something is “ a foot”....

A-foot like.... he knows that all three National matches are back-to-back-to-back, and that there's going to be a Super Grand Champ with combined scores? So he is training with all 3?

Still just sounds like a case of one funny goofy guy poking fun and doing his part to be a good troll.

But I have no idea. Or inside information about it.

#20 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:38 PM

I don’t know any of the personally....but when ya get down to the Brass Tacks.....my money is on Steeger.....that fucker is so good, plus all his experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users