Photo

And as always that shit will get you killed...in the street...YO!

Ex-Delta guy on competition

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 ZombieTactics

ZombieTactics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Uh if you train at all you are going to have training scars. The alternative is to just be terrible forever. 

True ... or really good at the wrong things, lol. 

#42 TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

Grand Douchebag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Regarding Vickers and Hackathorn, I think we are simply going to have to agree to disagree. I don't see how your case is one demonstrating "making fun of" anyone, but rather outlining an apt critique based upon his own observations. Did he actually say "all people shooting all gun games are somehow learning training scars and thats bad, and since IDPA and IPSC dont shoot to Ken and Larry's rules and wishes, competition is bad and come shoot in a Hack class to compete with people without all that gamer stuff", or is that your inference based upon something far less direct? It also seems to fly in the face of Vickers very publicly teaming up with Rob Leatham to team-teach. 

I've observed all sorts of silliness by competition shooters in classes and FoF exercises (and a gun store incident in Tennessee involving a timer, which was truly priceless) myself.

Is noting that simple fact "making fun" of them?

No, it's simply pointing out that there is possibly something more to this "training scar" thing than some might like to admit. I don't claim it affects everyone, or even has to affect anyone at all. And, it certainly does not imply that competition is stupid, worthless or a waste of time. So, let's not pretend otherwise. Nonetheless, it happens, and with enough regularity even in my own limited experience to rationally conclude that it isn't exactly rare. 

No, the reason I say that is because whether they mean to or not, that's exactly the message they send to people they train, because that's is what people they train have said TO ME, and cited them as a source as to how they came to certain conclusions on competition shooting.

"""MAGS ALONG SIDE OF THE BOX BOB!!!!!!!!"""

#43 ZombieTactics

ZombieTactics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

No, the reason I say that is because whether they mean to or not, that's exactly the message they send to people they train, because that's is what people they train have said TO ME, and cited them as a source as to how they came to certain conclusions on competition shooting.

Which would be a secondhand source, filtered through a secondhand set of assumptions and prejudices. You'd be amazed what people tell me that I've said on my YouTube channel.   :huh:

#44 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

Which would be a secondhand source, filtered through a secondhand set of assumptions and prejudices. You'd be amazed what people tell me that I've said on my YouTube channel.   :huh:

Coming from a guy with zero firsthand knowledge of anything, that's funny.

• Ben and ZombieTactics like this

#45 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Uh if you train at all you are going to have training scars. The alternative is to just be terrible forever. 

Bravo

#46 TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

Grand Douchebag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Which would be a secondhand source, filtered through a secondhand set of assumptions and prejudices. You'd be amazed what people tell me that I've said on my YouTube channel. :huh:

Negative. My main source for this crap is a VSM instructor with like 24 separate Vickers classes he's attended. This guy dosent seem to have an original thought about training that differs in anyway from what he's been taught by Larry. He passes on info from the horses mouth and when questioned, uses Larry's resume as the only reason he needs.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

#47 ZombieTactics

ZombieTactics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Coming from a guy with zero firsthand knowledge of anything, that's funny.

Bizarre, almost functionally illiterate comment. Plenty of assumptions going on as well. About par for this forum, so I'm giving a troll-worthy thumbs-up!

#48 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

Bizarre, almost functionally illiterate comment. Plenty of assumptions going on as well. About part for this forum, so I'm giving a troll-worthy thumbs-up!

I lol'ed at the sentence fragment about functional illiteracy, followed by the failure to understand that "par" and "part" aren't interchangeable.

• leas327 and Reverend Rat Snatcher like this

#49 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Bizarre, almost functionally illiterate comment. Plenty of assumptions going on as well. About part for this forum, so I'm giving a troll-worthy thumbs-up!

I lol'ed at the sentence fragment about functional illiteracy, followed by the failure to understand that "par" and "part" aren't interchangeable.

Fucking Dr. YVG owned Dr. ZombieTactics on this one. It's like watching the Lincoln - Douglas debates firsthand.

• rballz and barry owens like this

#50 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Is it okay to ULSC if the bad guys brains are spread out all over your living room floor and he doesn't even have a toe twitching? Once you've pied and cleared all the other rooms of course.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#51 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

What in the actual fuck?

Give me a single, original, zombie tactic that you have created.

SUBQUESTION:  Can you tell me what 'Chest 1' is?

#52 TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

Grand Douchebag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

Is it okay to ULSC if the bad guys brains are spread out all over your living room floor and he doesn't even have a toe twitching? Once you've pied and cleared all the other rooms of course.

THE FIGHT IS NEVER OVER

#53 dravz

dravz

84.75%

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

SCAN AND ASSESS

#54 md12393

md12393

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

SUBQUESTION: Can you tell me what 'Chest 1' is?

Deez ez Chesst Wan.............CUNTACT!!!
  • BornAgainTacTim2nd likes this
"You need to be bitch slapped" - Sean Gaines

#55 ZombieTactics

ZombieTactics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Fucking Dr. YVG owned Dr. ZombieTactics on this one. It's like watching the Lincoln - Douglas debates firsthand.

Well, there's always a crowd at professional wrestling matches cheering for one guy or the other. 

What in the actual fuck?

Give me a single, original, zombie tactic that you have created.

SUBQUESTION:  Can you tell me what 'Chest 1' is?

I am honestly beginning to suspect lead poisoning. There isn't a better explanation I can think of. It's like watching "Idiocracy" occur in real-time. Check your fridge, I think you're probably low on Brawndo.

• Les likes this

#56 ZombieTactics

ZombieTactics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

That IS funny, but it's also an easily-fixed misspelling, rather than your assumed "failure to understand".  

#57 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

Here's some lead poisoning

#58 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

Well, there's always a crowd at professional wrestling matches cheering for one guy or the other. 

I am honestly beginning to suspect lead poisoning. There isn't a better explanation I can think of. It's like watching "Idiocracy" occur in real-time. Check your fridge, I think you're probably low on Brawndo.

I like money.

Fortunately, Brawdo is not the only available source of electrolytes.

• ZombieTactics likes this
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#59 ZombieTactics

ZombieTactics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Here's some lead poisoning

Meh ... not my best work ... mildly embarrassing in some places.  :rolleyes:  Some of it is just plain wrong, or my opinions have changed. 

There's a lot I'd change if doing the same video today. It's probably time for an update.

#60 TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

Grand Douchebag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

I'm not even gonna watch that on account of you somehow stumbled on a Ruger automatic and didnt automatically bury it.

• ZombieTactics likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users