7 replies to this topic

#1 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:51 PM

Made the long trek up to Custer last weekend for WA State Champs. Shoot like a buffoon. 6 penalties, and much slower than normal for me. Huge shout out to all the staff and everything for putting on a great match though, I had a great time regardless of my idiocy. Tell me everything I did wrong. 

Other than shooting penalties. I know that part. 

• MennithVox likes this

#2 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:09 PM

You shot 6 pe---aah fuck.
  • GooldMember likes this

#3 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:55 PM

Not going one for one on steel is an easy one

You shoot a lot from one foot/unstable positions which from context I'm sure was exacerbated by the stage scenarios. But often unnecessary.

You're very upright in your shooting stance.

I wonder if you were both lower and spent more time grounded with both feet and stable if it would result in easier shots and provide for smoother exits.

I'll admit it's hard for me to analyze hair on fire open shooters. Much easier to critique the shower lo-cap pace of shooting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

#4 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:39 PM

Not going one for one on steel is an easy one

You shoot a lot from one foot/unstable positions which from context I'm sure was exacerbated by the stage scenarios. But often unnecessary.

You're very upright in your shooting stance.

I wonder if you were both lower and spent more time grounded with both feet and stable if it would result in easier shots and provide for smoother exits.

I'll admit it's hard for me to analyze hair on fire open shooters. Much easier to critique the shower lo-cap pace of shooting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Haven't been working steel much lately and it is showing. Both in makeups on steel and bad hits.

Definitely need to work on shooting from a more stable platform. That means both feet and like you mentioned getting lower. I feel like sometimes I can get really low and aggresive but a lot of times I stand up way too tall like you mention, that in addition to a poor base makes for bad hits. I don't really know how to work on that in practice though, since I am constantly pushing the speed.

Thanks dude. Plenty to focus on before the Oregon Open this weekend.
  • Sweet T and Part Of Me like this

#5 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

good luck at the oregon open, young gun!

#6 happygunner

happygunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

Ouch

mike.jpg

• GooldMember likes this

#7 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

Ouch

Yup, that happened. 

This weekend went much better though down at the Oregon Open. 95% of the points, 2 penalties (one of which I'm frustrated about, that being the NS on the double stack of stage 3), only 1 delta for the whole match... I'll take it. 

• Sweet T and Part Of Me like this

#8 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:52 AM

Things I see to improve: 

• steel, as always, was an issue for me at times. 
  • Stumbling/over-running positions (stage 3, stage 8)
  • Lots of pickups on paper, need to take my time and get good first round hits rather than relying on makeups.
  • Need to be more consistent in my stance, shooting and moving lower like the first position on stage 1 is how it should all be.
  • TRIGGER FREEZE 
  • Spend the extra tenth to ensure all hits during standard exercises. Putting one in the HC freestyle might be okay at a club match but is unacceptable at majors.

• Part Of Me likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users