#1 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:37 PM

It took me three tries of the online exam to re-certify as an RO.

Stupid shit like citing "1.2.3" instead of "PCC 1.2.3" and "D6" instead of "D6 9". And one obviously wrong exam question/answer.

I were gainfully employed and didn't have time to waste I just would have thrown in the towel and let my certification lapse again.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#2 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:35 PM

Sorry you're stupid.

The problem is that the test itself has flaws and incorrectly scored answers so if you're too dumb to follow directions yer REALLY fucked when it comes to trying to pass. 

I think this is good for the sport, in general, right?

• Motosapiens and eyesopenedatlast like this

#3 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

It’s a pretty shit test I agree, but it would help if the rulebook didn’t contradict itself all the way through the Damn thing. I mean if you find the answer to a question around 1.5.2 then while thumbing through you find a better answer around 6.7.4, and finally you find the one that wipes out the other two possibilities at 9.9.3. Those rule numbers have nothing to do with each other, I was just making a point. The first time I read the rulebook about five years ago. I sat down read the whole damn thing and when I got done, I was like WTF did I just read! Still really didn’t have a clue on where to look for an answer I might have a question to. Thank god for word search in iBooks. You still have to decide what word might be near what you are looking for.

#4 louu

louu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

I kinda liked it being the way it is. I guess I was kinda lucky I didn't get any pcc, co or new production rule questions cus I don't know that shit. I only got jammed up on a couple questions so I just Googled the question and typed brian's anus on the end of it, read the thread and got the answer. 

Good thing about it is it saves your work so you can just do a few questions a day.

#5 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:14 PM

Never going to get a good hit factor doing it that way. 

#6 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:17 PM

Sounds like something that needs to be polished and made more difficult. A week long test is not testing anything other than the ability to use a search engine.

• Stranger Danger likes this

#7 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

That's the point. People need to know how to search the rulebook to find answers. 

#8 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:03 PM

If that's the test basic arithmetic and a shape challenge might be quicker.

GmtOqHR.gif

#9 Koops

Koops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

I'm still not over the fact that you have to pay to volunteer plus two days of your time.

• Roons likes this

#10 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:19 PM

I'm still not over the fact that you have to pay to volunteer plus two days of your time.

Welcome to volunteering, where you by definition do work at your own various personal costs for the benefit of some organization or cause.

#11 louu

louu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:37 PM

You just hurt my brain

• Koops likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users