14 replies to this topic

#1 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

I worked a lvl2 match this weekend. We had a guy on the first squad of the day. He made ready, got the beep, fires his first shot, mag hits the ground. Continues to fight his gun for about a minute then gives up. Gets scored as shot. 0.000HF which consisted of 1.5 secs 17 procedurals,and 30 mikes. He goes to the safe table to inspect his gun. Comes back with two slugs he knocked out of the barrel. Keep in mind he only fired one shot. Did not sound like a squib because a pcc will blow all the gas out the chamber sounding like a normal shot. So this nut came to the match with a squib already halfway down his barrel.
  • SlivGod and GooldMember like this

#2 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

If you need to check your gat for squibs in a barrel before a match you are a full on tard and should probably give up shooting all together.

• Matt1, toothandnail, Peally and 2 others like this

#3 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

Why......why would you not break down your shit and clean it before a match?

Hell, I at least field strip my shit and give it a wipe down/lube up and run a bore snake through it a couple times after every range trip.

But whatever, play stupid games win stupid prizes.
  • eyesopenedatlast likes this

#4 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

I would have DQef him, he confessed to unsafe gun handling shooting a gun with a squib is UNSAFE....should have sent his ass home before he accidently caps someone....just sayin

#5 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

I would have DQef him, he confessed to unsafe gun handling shooting a gun with a squib is UNSAFE....should have sent his ass home before he accidently caps someone....just sayin

That’s just it. He came to me asking how he got 2 out of it, so he had no clue. Damn shame too cause he finished in the top half overall even after the zero on one stage

#6 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:12 PM

Had a guy shooting a major 3 gun match that we DQ'd, he had squibs on 3 different stages. The 3rd time, he said ,he couldn't understand how he had 3, the RO told him to go home. Neither of the first 2 RO's knew about the other squibs til later.

Luckily he was very slow, so it was easy to stop him before firing another shot. :wacko:

#7 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:18 AM

That’s just it. He came to me asking how he got 2 out of it, so he had no clue. Damn shame too cause he finished in the top half overall even after the zero on one stage

I would hope he's in the top half of the overall with magazines that big. Overall don't mean sh@t.

#8 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

I would like to take this opportunity to again say fuck all the pcc guys for wasting everyone's time with their guns that never run. 

Technically that's 2 squibs in one match, so DQ.

In closing fuck uspsa for allowing rifles at hand gun matches.

• Yard Sale, teambozo707, Part Of Me and 4 others like this

#9 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:57 AM

I would like to see if PCC actually brought anyone “new” into USPSA.
I know a lot of guys that shot other divisions FIRST, and then PCC.....but how many actually just started with PCC???
I’d bet that number is tiny compared to the number of other shooters who have been shooting USPSA that are constantly pissed off at them for ruining a perfectly good sport....just sayin’....fucking C Class shooters who shot PCC, got clssified as a M or GM and brought their C Classification up.....Fuck You and Fuck the horse you rode in on!!!
  • Part Of Me, DSAF61 and louu like this

#10 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

I would like to take this opportunity to again say fuck all the pcc guys for wasting everyone's time with their guns that never run.

We of the PCC say fuck you too.

If guns not running is your standard the you need to start with open shooters then move on to single stack. Not a single one of those made it through the last match I was at without malfunctions. Both PCC's ran 100%.

#11 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

Both PCCs. Almost as popular as revolver!
  • ralloway, Stranger Danger, flyingpig and 1 other like this

#12 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:51 PM

It's not a DQ, although you can force him to get a new batch of ammo somewhere. Rule 5.5.5

#13 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

It happened to me back when I just started using a progressive press. Three stages three squibs. Had to borrow ammo for the last three

#14 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

It's not a DQ, although you can force him to get a new batch of ammo somewhere. Rule 5.5.5

Bull Shit!!!!
If a gun repeatedly fails to shoot as it is designed, it’s UNSAFE!!!! Unsafe guns can and should be made to stop until they can run as they are suppose to.
A gun not working as it is suppose to is an accident just waiting to happen.
Think about this.....do you want to be “That RO” who let so douche shoot knowing his gun was reapeadly malfunctioning?
If you are, let me know when you RO, cause I don’t wanna be anywhere near you balless fucks!!!
That will be all.

#15 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

Show me the rule where it's a DQ to have a squib or a gun that jams? 

You can declare the ammo unsafe and you can declare the gun unsafe, using the rulebook, but neither is a DQ until something DQable happens. 

• SlivGod and GooldMember like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users