38 replies to this topic

#1 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:15 AM

B zone removed from all metric targets in the rule book now.

I especially like the addition of “no magazines in the mouth” from the chapter 5 additions. Really makes you wonder who out there is responsible for the creation of this rule...

Also, the ruling concerning staff being DQd as a result of a medical condition was also a good one. Still comparing, but there are probably still some real gems hidden in there.

#2 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

1. Thought they already did that.

2. Idiots are the reason, same as half the other rules.

3. No opinion, haven't looked at it.

#3 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:46 AM

Since it took 6 months for the B zone to finally disappear. How long after the new finished rulebook is released will it be before those rules go into affect

#4 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:01 AM

1- They already did that, it's just reflected in the diagrams of the target in the rulebook now. 

2- You already couldn't do that, but ROs are stupid so it had to be added explicitly

#5 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:10 AM

still waiting for the new web site...

• ralloway likes this

#6 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

Since it took 6 months for the B zone to finally disappear. How long after the new finished rulebook is released will it be before those rules go into affect

There will never be a new finished rule book. Every time a company makes some new bull shit uspsa will change the rules so it can used in some division it doesn't belong in. 

#7 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

The B zone is already gone, officially. The old targets are still allowed to be used and some clubs still use the B zone when setting up stages in Practiscore, but it has already officially been gone for some time now.

#8 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

Clubs are still using it in PS because people keep hitting Charlie instead of Bravo in normal rhythm like it matters anyways. When they said it was gone, why didn’t they make it disappear that very minute. If you are still allowed to score it thst means it’s still there. My question is, will the new rule book go the same way?

#9 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:38 PM

Clubs are still using it in PS because people keep hitting Charlie instead of Bravo in normal rhythm like it matters anyways. When they said it was gone, why didn’t they make it disappear that very minute. If you are still allowed to score it thst means it’s still there. My question is, will the new rule book go the same way?

Will probably change quickly due to the chapter 4 ruling on only officially licensed targets being allowed? Don’t recall whether that was in there before as I never read that section.

Maybe not level 1until club stock runs out. 2 and 3 matches more likely. Never been to a section or national so I couldn’t tell ya.

#10 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

The old targets are allowed to be used indefinitely. The B is scored a C now if you're still using targets with B zones (not like it matters because a B and C were completely the same prior to this change)

#11 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

I haven't even paid attention, I just score everything like it's always been scored.

I refuse to pretend the B zone isn't there for the sake of falsely imagining I'm not a member of an organization that doesn't understand how the alphabet works.

#12 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:21 PM

It still sucks that production magazine capacity hasn’t be up-ed to allow for the intended use as prescribed by the manufacturers, instead of a committee making concessions for those few states that have the 10 round magazine capacity rule.....#makeproductiongreatagain

#13 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Clubs are still not using Classic Targets in PractiScore...  Because when you do, people score charlies as deltas and score deltas as mikes...  Scorekeepers are used to the spacing containing the B zone.

• eyesopenedatlast likes this

#14 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

It still sucks that production magazine capacity hasn’t be up-ed to allow for the intended use as prescribed by the manufacturers, instead of a committee making concessions for those few states that have the 10 round magazine capacity rule.....#makeproductiongreatagain

Go away.

• GuanoLoco, Motosapiens, Will and 3 others like this

#15 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

Go away.

Explain to me this Mr. Wizard....Why is it allowed to let PCC , Open and Limited load up to magazine capacity; and in the case of PCC sometimes even up to like 50+ rounds but still keep Production down to 10?

It's a conspiracy I tell you...

#16 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:25 PM

Because they are different divisions, and those are the rules. 

If production had 15 round mags, it would barely be different from Limited, so what's the point. I like that there are different divisions that are completely different. 

• GuanoLoco likes this

#17 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

By your logic if 15 round magazines make Production exactly like Limited the current Production = Limited 10. #PCCHOA
  • MEISTERB likes this

#18 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:19 PM

And Limited 10 is stupid, but it serves a purpose for people who don't live in America

#19 jnkranch

jnkranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

I like the 10 round limit.

#20 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

What I'm hearing is "whahh, changing magazines is hard. I want a participation trophy!"

Question for you, do you show up early and help build or just hang out in the parking lot and criticize the match?

Because they are different divisions, and those are the rules. 

If production had 15 round mags, it would barely be different from Limited, so what's the point. I like that there are different divisions that are completely different. 

this for the win.

pound sign STOPCHANGINGTHEFUCKINGRULES!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users