50 replies to this topic

#21 Doughnut

Doughnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

I wonder how many production shooters use American made guns...

#22 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:19 PM

Uh...WTF are you talking about?  It's called USPSA Nationals for a reason.  Fuck foreigners coming over to shoot it.  They don't mean anything here.  The Top 10 remains the first ten Mericans on the list whether IPSC shows up or not.  

Excluding foreign shooters from considerations certainly furthers the validity of Glock competitiveness.

I also recommend to look at top ten GSSF finishers.

BTW, your attitude is one of reasons why USPSA has remained and will remain just a slightly above underground sport. 

Bonafide asshole

#23 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Excluding foreign shooters from considerations certainly furthers the validity of Glock competitiveness.

BTW, your attitude is one of reasons why USPSA has remained and will remain just a slightly above underground sport. 

Except for the fact that he is talking about American shooters at the American nationals who routinely shoot Glocks in Production. It isn't like that group DON'T shoot production. 

Yes, your glock is perfectly acceptable. I don't like the triggers, which is why I don't shoot one. But there are lots of people who do love the way tuned up Glock triggers feel.

#24 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

Quality thread. They definitely should not nuke this forum.

• Part Of Me likes this

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#25 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

I thought the discussion was about overall competitiveness of Glocks, specifically at higher levels of competitive world. Nationality is not a factor in figuring this out. In addition, the competitiveness is not a binary concept, it has something more to it.

Oh,btw,I shoot a Glock.
Bonafide asshole

#26 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

Uh...WTF are you talking about? It's called USPSA Nationals for a reason. Fuck foreigners coming over to shoot it. They don't mean anything here. The Top 10 remains the first ten Mericans on the list whether IPSC shows up or not.

Maybe....In your opinion....I liked watching the scores and competition between Ben and Eric....especially when Ben shot that BALLER Berretta of his....nothing but fun times...
  • louu likes this

#27 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:29 PM

I’ll use a NASCAR/Formula One analogy to further prove the point of the video link I posted earlier.

All things being equal, doesn’t matter what manner of conveyance you pick. It’s all down to who’s driving the car, or in this case gun.

You could probably put Micheal Schumacher in just about any Formula One car and he’d drive the wheels off of it. Same thing goes with shooting. All the top shooters in the world ain’t good because of what gun they choose to compete with.

But why drive a Ford Focus if you can afford a Porsche?

#28 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:52 PM

I wonder how many production shooters use American made guns...

I was wondering the same thing. I guess the m&p and the xd are the only options and they both really suck.

#29 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

BTW, more than half of the people's attitudes on this forum is the reason this forum is dead... witch really sucks cus this place could be a hundred times better than enos. Just let the shit talkers roll off your shoulders, don't mean you still can't learn from each other. 

#30 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:46 PM

I switched from Glock to Tanfo. 

It's not necessarily way better, but I like it better. Liking it better means I was looking forward to practicing. Practicing a lot means I got a lot better. That means I shot the Tanfo better. So that means it's better. 

Boom, logic.

• Matt1 and flyingpig like this

#31 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:12 PM

LMFAO.  You're either an idiot or a weak troll.  Just so I have this straight, you're asserting that having more foreigners shoot our national championships will somehow grow the sport?

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#32 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I guess the m&p and the xd are the only options and they both really suck.

The XD isn't made in America.
  • ralloway likes this

#33 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:24 PM

I switched from Glock to Tanfo. 

It's not necessarily way better, but I like it better. Liking it better means I was looking forward to practicing. Practicing a lot means I got a lot better. That means I shot the Tanfo better. So that means it's better. 

Boom, logic.

I was swapping back and forth between a Stock 2 and carry Glocks.

Then I tooned a CZ P-07. Then a CZ P-09. DA-SA goodness in polymer Glock-sized packages but with soul.

Now I am wondering what to do with my carry Glocks. They are minimally tooned and equipped the way I like, but I don’t shoot them quite as well and there is less joy.

More joy = More practice
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#34 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

LMFAO.  You're either an idiot or a weak troll.  Just so I have this straight, you're asserting that having more foreigners shoot our national championships will somehow grow the sport?

I am asserting that unwarranted dismissive statements about any group of people, in this case the chauvinistic bullshit that you spit out about foreigners, is a sign of general fucked up attitude that precludes a growth of any enterprise, in this case USPSA. 

Second, there is a reason why any truly successful professional sport wants to have the highest possible rates of top world talent participation in its main events. 

Keep on guessing if I am an idiot or a weak troll. 

• flyingpig likes this
Bonafide asshole

#35 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:46 PM

I am asserting that unwarranted dismissive statements about any group of people, in this case the chauvinistic bullshit that you spit out about foreigners, is a sign of general fucked up attitude that precludes a growth of any enterprise, in this case USPSA. 

Second, there is a reason why any truly successful professional sport wants to have the highest possible rates of top world talent participation in its main events. 

Keep on guessing if I am an idiot or a weak troll. 

You seem to have a lot of feelings.

1.  America.  First.  Only.  Always.  Chauvinism?  Yep.  We could use more of it. 

2.  I'd still like to know how the presence of foreign shooters at majors and the growth of USPSA are linked.  Please elaborate, as I can see no logical connection between these two things.

3.  If this is a "professional sport", than I'm the Pope.  This is a game that has always appealed to a certain, very limited, demographic, and that isn't going to change.  I have news for you and the others that dream of USPSA on ESPN.  Never.  Gonna.  Happen.  Take it from someone who's been shooting USPSA for three decades.  PCC, a frog shooting a Tanfo at nationals, hi-cap minor revolvers, and anything goes Production rules aren't going to grow this sport in any meaningful way.  If you're lucky, USPSA will survive the ongoing decline of the shooting sports despite the bad decision making we've seen lately.

4.  Again, it's called USPSA Nationals for a reason.  If you want to shoot with foreigners, take your globalist feelings to the Whirled Chute.  Borders.  Language.  Culture.  Nationalism.  #MakeUSPSAgreatagain.   

5.  No need to guess.  Idiot.  Definitely.  

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#36 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

Wondering why more Euros don't shoot the USPSA Production Nationals is like wondering why Manchester United doesn't play in the Super Bowl very often.
  • racetaco and louu like this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#37 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:32 AM

You seem to have a lot of feelings.

Nope. I am pulling a graveyard shift and got nothing better to do.

If you think you're asserting American greatness by demeaning non-American participants in the Nationals, you're dumbass, Which you are.

Expansion of USPSA to any segment of shooting community, and increased participation of any community in USPSA matches is growth. Draw an analogy with the size of your sack: bigger - growth, smaller - contraction. 

It is a game and a hobby at its base but at its top segment it is a sport. Whether it has capacity to become a pro sport or not is not discussed here so maybe check your lead levels from three decades of shooting and see if it affected your ability to stay on track. I am gonna say it uno mas, see if you can retain:  any competitive event benefits from participation of best available talent. Local and international.

Would totally love to do the World Shoot but I suck at this, it's just a hobby.

So, tell me, what kind of loser are you if you found yourself entangled in an argument with an idiot?

Bonafide asshole

#38 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:29 AM

Never argue with a dumb person....they don’t know they’ve lost the argument.....
Author unknown - first use 1982, 19D OSUT, Fr Knox, KY

#39 Doughnut

Doughnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:11 AM

I like this thread
  • GuanoLoco likes this

#40 ngodwetrust21

ngodwetrust21