38 replies to this topic

#21 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

I guess he thinks it’s cool to get away with shit like that, but it’s just another form of cheating. If he can live with it so can I

lol. 

GTFO

• Sweet T and Part Of Me like this

#22 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:49 AM

Is it supposed to be a shooting competition or a who is the bigger asshole competition?

Oh wait I just realized what forum I asked that on... 

• Buck Turgidson and Stranger Danger like this

#23 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:48 AM

It's legal, you can do it.

Todd Jarrett did it at Area 8 in Fredericksburg 4 years ago and crushed everyone on that stage.

The response from everyone?  "I should have thought of that"

#24 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:48 AM

I guess he thinks it’s cool to get away with shit like that, but it’s just another form of cheating. If he can live with it so can I

He probably didn’t have a choice. That one shaves so much time that even if you dislike it, as soon as some other schmuck does you have to do it too.
  • ralloway likes this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#25 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:10 PM

Another example of a poorly written stage brief

Another example of “assholes ruin everything”.
  • Nimrod and Stranger Danger like this
Foley stole my B zone.

#26 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

It’s a game, game that shit. It didn’t appear that anyone died or even approached that level. You all just got smoked and your big mad about it.
  • Buck Turgidson and Matt1 like this

#27 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:37 PM

Cheating? LMAO

I shot that match and heard guys talking about exploiting that the day before in walk-through.

Apparently the RM had ruled on it and said it was okay. His hands were more or less tied, given the rules governing.

I asked the stage CRO as well, and he said it was kosher.

I think it was dumb, and made the stage less interesting, but when it comes down to match points, you're not going to give your competitors a leg up on some falsely chivalrous sense of designer's intent. That's why we're gamers.

I ran it the same way Vlieger did, and don't feel sorry about it. I ended up winning the stage in production. Hetherington ran it the "right" way, and still won the match by a huge margin, so it didn't seem to matter much in the grand scheme.

I approve of the rule changes that would have prohibited this nonsense. I wouldn't be sorry if we adopted IPSC style rules that mandate staying within the shooting area.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• SlivGod, ZachJ and 180gr like this

#28 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:13 PM

What's the point of stepping on the activator after firing the final shot? The course ended on his final shot and if the procedure said step on it, he didn't.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#29 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:21 PM

What's the point of stepping on the activator after firing the final shot? The course ended on his final shot and if the procedure said step on it, he didn't.

• waktasz likes this

#30 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

Cheating? LMAO

I shot that match and heard guys talking about exploiting that the day before in walk-through.

Apparently the RM had ruled on it and said it was okay. His hands were more or less tied, given the rules governing.

I think it was dumb, and made the stage less interesting, but when it comes down to match points, you're not going to give your competitors a leg up on some falsely chivalrous sense of designer's intent. That's why we're gamers.

I ran it the same way Vlieger did, and don't feel sorry about it. I ended up winning the stage in production. Hetherington ran it the "right" way, and still won the match by a huge margin, so it didn't seem to matter much in the grand scheme.

I approve of the rule changes that would have prohibited this nonsense. I wouldn't be sorry if we adopted IPSC style rules that mandate staying within the shooting area.

We can talk all day about "the rules allowing it", but the truth is that very few people in the world today will deal with such a dilemma by choosing the hard right over the easy wrong.  And that's not just USPSA, that's our pathetic culture as a whole.  I understand the desire to win, and I've heard every excuse in the book over the years.  However, the truth is a simple one for me; I'd rather finish second and know that I did it right.  Winning without honor isn't winning at all.

I'm glad that Hetherington did it "right".  Today's undisciplined, politically correct Army is a mere shadow of its former self.  It means something to this old soldier that the kid representing what's left of my Army displayed some integrity.  You know that he knew the opportunity was there, and he didn't take it.  I think it speaks volumes regarding his character.  Even if he'd finished dead last, those volumes would mean something to some of us.

Now get the fuck off my lawn.

• Cheap Shot, snark and louu like this

#31 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:50 PM

Was McBurnett the RM?

Nope. Local guy was. We talked with Troy about pulling the stage but decided against it. I don’t think too many people shot it the gamer way.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#32 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:53 PM

I'm glad that Hetherington did it "right".  Today's undisciplined, politically correct Army is a mere shadow of its former self.  It means something to this old soldier that the kid representing what's left of my Army displayed some integrity.  You know that he knew the opportunity was there, and he didn't take it.  I think it speaks volumes regarding his character.  Even if he'd finished dead last, those volumes would mean something to some of us.

https://www.instagra.../p/BlybAN0l0kq/

• 3gundago likes this

#33 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

We can talk all day about "the rules allowing it", but the truth is that very few people in the world today will deal with such a dilemma by choosing the hard right over the easy wrong.  And that's not just USPSA, that's our pathetic culture as a whole.  I understand the desire to win, and I've heard every excuse in the book over the years.  However, the truth is a simple one for me; I'd rather finish second and know that I did it right.  Winning without honor isn't winning at all.

Funny you should use the term "dead last".  

The Tactimmy's argue shooting a game will get you "Kill't in the streetz" and the Gamers argue it's a "Game". 

So which is it?

If "Kill't in the streetz" not taking every advantage is stupid, so doing it the right way is stupid and will get you dead.

If "Game" not taking advantage of the rules is stupid, so doing it the right way is stupid and will not get you first (on that stage!) and since "Game" anything less than first is LOSER!

#34 AMNS

AMNS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationA4

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:05 PM

Gaming issues aside, the one handed rules in USPSA are archaic (along with Virginia count).

#35 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

He won top meaningless and that’s what’s important.
Foley stole my B zone.

#36 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:44 AM

Cheating? LMAO

One fucking red stick in the right spot would have stopped all that shit....

#37 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:47 AM

I don't think the course of fire was over.

His last shot was over, but he had not completed the last command from the RO..."If finished, unload and show clear"

#38 Colonel_klink

Colonel_klink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:17 PM

Whatever it takes to keep the blouse money coming in amiright?
  • Stranger Danger likes this

#39 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:00 PM

One fucking red stick in the right spot would have stopped all that shit....

Where?  Up the stage designers ass?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users