60 replies to this topic

#1 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

This place is getting boring, let the shit talking begin.

What division do you shoot and why? 

Production because you like how the rules change every week so there's always new junk to buy. 

Open, cus your old, blind, like to make a ton of noise without ever taking your finger out of the trigger guard when moving or reloading 

Carry optics (cheap open) because your old and blind but spend more money on golf clubs.

Single stack, because you chew tabbaco and think that goat over there is hot.

PCC because you wear you little sisters jeans, a scarf and a wool hat even though it's 95 degrees out.

Limited, same reason as open but you can't figure out how to get a red dot on your gun.

Revolver, same reason as SS but your old as fuck and can't get it up for that poor old goat. 

• slemmo likes this

#2 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:36 AM

Go both ways with it (like you all do), make some jokes and then the real reason you like/shoot a certain division. 

#3 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

Started in Production for 10 years. Will always be my first love and favorite division.

That said, I’ve been shooting PCC ever since the sex change.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#4 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

Lately prod but I'm bored with it so will likely start shooting standard again.

Our whirled shoot team selection criteria is gay so i can only make a classic or standard team for ladyboy 2020 now. I refuse to go that far and shoot low cap mags in classic.

#5 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

Revolver. I dig it. It feels good when you really hook up on a stage with a round gun.

I'm stuck shooting at an A level with the bottom feeders. I really only shoot them because none of the other revo shooters come out to play. We have more M & GM revo shooters locally than single stack & carry optics. We're probably pretty close with production but the revo guys are all doing something else.

My SIG P226s give weird failures to extract a couple times out of a thousand, so I'm gonna shoot single stack next year. The 45 runs 100% and there should be some more heat at the major matches.

#6 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

Open, cus your old, blind, like to make a ton of noise without ever taking your finger out of the trigger guard when moving or reloading 

This.

It's almost creepy how well you know me.

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#7 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:18 AM

Revolver. I dig it. It feels good when you really hook up on a stage with a round gun.

I'm stuck shooting at an A level with the bottom feeders. I really only shoot them because none of the other revo shooters come out to play. We have more M & GM revo shooters locally than single stack & carry optics. We're probably pretty close with production but the revo guys are all doing something else.

My SIG P226s give weird failures to extract a couple times out of a thousand, so I'm gonna shoot single stack next year. The 45 runs 100% and there should be some more heat at the major matches.

I shot a revolver for the first time last month at a 6 stage steel challenge. After the first string on the first stage I was smiling ear to ear, it was really fun and different, was a 617 with a lot of work done to it. Unfortunately after the 3rd stage my arthritis started and by the end of the day my whole arm was hurting, hurt for 3 days after so looks like I won't be getting a wheel gun. I think it messed me up with my limited gun right after too but I could just be making excuses. Was hard going from a 6lb trigger or whatever it is right to a 2lb trigger. 

#8 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

Started in Production for 10 years. Will always be my first love and favorite division.

That said, I’ve been shooting PCC ever since the sex change.

With production guns or a cheater cz?

And what the hell attracted you to PCC? 

#9 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Production, because I like reloading more than pulling the trigger and it's fun to have 6 rounds left in your gun coming up on a 6-steel array.

Also because I like to hurt butts locally shooting a gun made out of recycled tupperware containers.

#10 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

I’ve tried them all except revo and PCC, I’m sure I will give revo a try one day, but I will NOT take a rifle to a pistol match. I’d rather fuck that hot goat and spit Copenhagen on it for lube. So yeah I stayed with SS, mainly because I’m a fan of the 1911. If I was to change I’m sure it would be production

#11 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

Was hard going from a 6lb trigger or whatever it is right to a 2lb trigger.

It takes me a few rounds to stop starting the trigger pull early. On a revo you need to be a little ahead of your sight picture. It's not so bad of you keep the semiauto triggers about 3 lbs single action.

#12 Douchy

Douchy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

I shoot CO because I have bad eyes and the dot makes my loins tingle. As soon as I evict my kids I’ll buy an open gun and a blouse and dominate C class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • louu likes this

#13 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

I’ve tried them all except revo and PCC, I’m sure I will give revo a try one day, but I will NOT take a rifle to a pistol match. I’d rather fuck that hot goat and spit Copenhagen on it for lube. So yeah I stayed with SS, mainly because I’m a fan of the 1911. If I was to change I’m sure it would be production

Did you make A in SS? Major or minor, or are you one of the smart guys that brings both and looks at the stages before declaring? 

#14 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

Did you make A in SS? Major or minor, or are you one of the smart guys that brings both and looks at the stages before declaring?

I’m a shitty C class like
.03 away from B. Most of the time the only shooting I do is at a match. Family and work shit ya know having a life. No I shoot only major. Fuck that gaming shit. I think it’s lame kinda like the classification system. I shoot to have fun with friends and I work a lot as staff because I’ve fell victim to someone has to do it shit.

#15 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

And what the hell attracted you to PCC?

I shoot PCC for one reason and one reason only; I got into Production to learn to really, really run the fuck out of a polymer gun which I might use to defend myself with someday... since IDPA is lame I had to do that in USPSA. This game really does crank your accuracy skills at speed up... and it does wonders for your gun handling.

I play the game to play the game. I’m no timmy. But the relevance is real, and a hell of a fringe benefit.

When someone handed me an AR? All thumbs. I was a novice forgetting to drop the safety, and having to consciously manipulate everything. Wanted to change that, so I spent a few bucks building one. Through the winter I’m shooting and dryfiring with the bitchrifle, then it’s Carry Optics in fhe spring.

I don’t ever desire to shoot a major with PCC, but I would like to always be able to attack a stage at an A-class level with the AR platform without finding it overly taxing. Because defensively relevant skill.

(Carry a PPS & PPQ. Shoot a Q5 in Production. The Tanfoglio bug didn’t bite me very hard, nor for very long.)
  • Stranger Danger and louu like this

#16 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:31 AM

I started shooting USPSA back in the mid-eighties when it was run what ya brung.  I also shot PPC, Bullseye, Silhouette, Service Rifle and other random stuff like Bowling Pins, Falling Plate and when I could find a match within 150 miles, Steel Challenge.  Through the natural equipment race in USPSA I wound up shooting a PDP3 sighted Caspian hi-cap in 38 Stupid (before it was Open).  Then shit happened and I had a 2 year layoff from shooting.  I came back to USPSA with an STI Eagle in Limited, then also got an STI Open gun and shot both Limited and Open 3 or 4 weekends a month.  I stopped the Silhouette, Service Rifle and only shot the occasional PPC match and Steel Challenge.  I got briefly sidetracked by 3 gun but too many weird rules, Tac Timmies and mostly only one gun per stage.  I won several Glocks at various matches, but Glocks suck, then I won an XD so I geared up for Production and....XD's suck almost as much as Glocks, so I never did get classified in Production and have no desire to get a Tanfaggotlio. There are now several Steel Challenge matches semi-locally that I shoot once or twice a month and I've gotten my wife shooting with them with me.  She only shoots Rimfire Pistol and Rifle in Open, I shoot everything except Production and Revolver.  Then about 6 years ago I got the 3 gun bug again watching 3 Gun Nation, so I've been shooting a bunch of 3 gun in Tac Optics division to the point I've only shot 1 USPSA pistol only match in the last couple of years.  Oh yeah and I also shoot PCC for shits & giggles (and night matches!), but lately have been getting the itch to shoot more Pistol only matches.  So maybe this year, I'll dust off the Open and Limited pistols and go shoot some USPSA pistol matches...maybe unless I'm distracted by something else......Squirrel

• louu likes this

#17 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

new year - learned something new ...

there are more divisions than single stack ?

who knew ?

NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#18 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:44 AM

I’m a shitty C class like
.03 away from B. Most of the time the only shooting I do is at a match. Family and work shit ya know having a life. No I shoot only major. Fuck that gaming shit. I think it’s lame kinda like the classification system. I shoot to have fun with friends and I work a lot as staff because I’ve fell victim to someone has to do it shit.

Im in the same boat man, got a range officer in 45. My goal was to make A in SS before I moved on to any other gun. Then the PCC shit started around here and it would take 9 hours to shoot a 6 stage match cus those guys wasted so much time. I rarely get to shoot uspsa anymore so who knows how long that goal will take, if I'm not home by 1 or 2 pm on Sunday I really start missing my kid.

I have gotten to a few uspsa matches but shot all kinds of different divisions and didn't make enough classifies yet with the same gun. Been shooting a lot of different matches for the past few years, knock down steel like pro am, steel challenge, 3 gun. Belive it or not 3 gun around here goes super quick and I can still be home by 2 after 6 stages.

Im hoping in a few USPSA gets more organized around here, I have more time to dedicate to it and I can have fun at it. Then I'll make a with the ol 45.

#19 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

the PCC shit started around here and it would take 9 hours to shoot a 6 stage match cus those guys wasted so much time.

Damn. Is it a culture / personality thing, or are they assclowns who bag the gun and take all day?

All my locals keep theirs in some kind of cart, as do I. Rifle and first mag side by side... roll it up next to the starting area when you’re on deck. Grab it, load it, rack it. No slower than with handgun.

At most it should add 20 seconds before and after to stow / retrieve a chamber flag. Our squad with the PCC guys usually is done first - most of our older former-Open shooters are on it and they don’t dawdle.

No wonder you hate bitchrifle minor shooters.

#20 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:06 AM

Damn. Is it a culture / personality thing, or are they assclowns who bag the gun and take all day?

All my locals keep theirs in some kind of cart, as do I. Rifle and first mag side by side... roll it up next to the starting area when you’re on deck. Grab it, load it, rack it. No slower than with handgun.

At most it should add 20 seconds before and after to stow / retrieve a chamber flag. Our squad with the PCC guys usually is done first - most of our older former-Open shooters are on it and they don’t dawdle.

No wonder you hate bitchrifle minor shooters.

I think it's the culture that half the guys just don't want it around so they act like they don't know the rules and act like it's some scary fully automatic pipe bomb or something.

The few matches that I shot when it first started there was a ton of bitching about how the guys handled the rifle off the stage and after they shot. There were a few re shoots cus the ro must have been scared and didn't get the last shot. There were 2 squibs and a lot of people had to go put their 2 cents in to gat the bullet out instead of resetting. Then there was the whole flag/bag/both and who has the bag, where did you put your flag circus.

Also over the past couple years I've been getting a real bug up my ass with the tailgaters. You know, the guys that show up and sit in the parking lot while the same few guys build everything. To the point where I'll start some serious shit with them and that's not good where everyone has a gun. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users