#1 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Wondering what everyone is loading this 2019.  A few years ago I found myself needing to load when I wanted to shoot so ever since I buy my years worth of components in the fall and load all winter.   I took a couple years off improving the world and am going to make a big come-back this season.  Too many kids taking private music lessons to buy a Tanfo or Mark 7 but I did add a Mr. Bullet Feeder.

Looking to load about 10k 3.6 Tightgroup 125 SNS CN and CCI Primers.

Also added a yardman 1.5 cu cement mixer for $125 shipped.  30 minutes with soapy water, let dry for a couple days, then an hour back in with media.  Processed two 5 gallon buckets of brass pretty quick.

• warpspeed and GuanoLoco like this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#2 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:48 AM

I hate to sound like a tin foil hat guy but I think it's time to start stocking up. If a dumbocrat wins in 2020 it's going to be impossible to find anything. Prices are pretty good right now so hazmat and shipping isn't as painful.

I'm spending this winter loading up steel challenge ammo, 4gn of hp38 with 115 berry's cus last year the wife put a hurting on my supply.

I have plenty of uspsa/3gun ammo already made up but it never hurts to load more. 

Alfred, why are you using titegroup? Isn't that stuff dirty and really high temp? 

#3 Beef

Beef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

I load mostly a 133gr coated bullet over whatever I have that propels them to about 1000fps and groups somewhere around half the width or less of an A zone at 25yds. Currently that's 3.5 of Bullseye.

I was hoping to cast 10-20k and load them this winter I have not. So I'll probably buy Blues. May drop to 124/5gr for savings.

#4 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

124gr RMR flat points
115gr Everglades V2 hollow points
Greed Dot powder

#5 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:58 AM

Wondering what everyone is loading this 2019.  A few years ago I found myself needing to load when I wanted to shoot so ever since I buy my years worth of components in the fall and load all winter.   I took a couple years off improving the world and am going to make a big come-back this season.  Too many kids taking private music lessons to buy a Tanfo or Mark 7 but I did add a Mr. Bullet Feeder.

Looking to load about 10k 3.6 Tightgroup 125 SNS CN and CCI Primers.

Also added a yardman 1.5 cu cement mixer for $125 shipped.  30 minutes with soapy water, let dry for a couple days, then an hour back in with media.  Processed two 5 gallon buckets of brass pretty quick.

Add a little Lemishine/Citric acid to cut the tarnish.

Try a short (10m) initial wash cycle, then drain the dirty water and finish with just a tad of soap (I use Armor All Wash-and-Wax) and acid.

I fabricated a rubber wiper that moves brass more agressively than the slotted metal blade typical of cement mixers.

• Alfred Salveti likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#6 warpspeed

warpspeed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

124gr RMR flat points
115gr Everglades V2 hollow points
Greed Dot powder

Green Dot ?  Please, elaborate..........

Foot in mouth and head up asshole

#7 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

Green Dot ?  Please, elaborate..........

3.8gr with 115gr bullets and 4gr with 124’s. It’s cheap, easy to obtain, meters well, good case fill, and has been very accurate with no strange pressure spikes. It’s also my top choice for 45acp & 38 special.

#8 TrackCage

TrackCage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

3.8gr with 115gr bullets and 4gr with 124’s. It’s cheap, easy to obtain, meters well, good case fill, and has been very accurate with no strange pressure spikes. It’s also my top choice for 45acp & 38 special.

Makes no sense that you would use less powder for 115s than you do for 124s, at least not if you like making power factor.
  • GuanoLoco likes this

#9 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

Makes no sense that you would use less powder for 115s than you do for 124s, at least not if you like making power factor.

My 115 load only makes 120 PF for ISSA, SCSA, & GSSF. The 124 gr loads makes PF but I don’t use it very often because I don’t shoot much USPSA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users