151 replies to this topic

#21 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:49 AM

Looks to me like Foley has unfucked a lot of really neglected issues. Rulebook improved and evergreen as it should be. Website went from horrible to very good. That was challenge that Foley did not fuck up in the beginning. The app is great. The monthly board meetings and transparency are really good.

I really don't like shooting with PCC in a pistol match. Thats just me. Apparently a lot of people dig it. If USPSA had ignored it, it would have spawned a competitive organization so I guess it was forced on us.. I still hate it.

I do not agree with leaving all the current divisions in place..I certainly do not support any division that scores major and minor together..WTF is rational about that. Foley didn't originate that so I'm not blaming him. The entire Board needs to address the current division structure and eliminate some.. Maybe a second term could look at that now that some major issues are corrected.

Classification system needs to go to a percentile system.

Overall I think the people I know are happy as things have improved.. In my mind Foley has earned reelection. 

• Motosapiens, Sarnburg, ngodwetrust21 and 3 others like this

#22 moverfive

moverfive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

While I’m sure everyone can find a complaint with Foley if they want to find one.....but let’s not forget how fucked up things were when he walked into that office, on too many fronts.

If you gave an honest look at everything that has happened during Foley’s time.....USPSA is far better now than it was a few years back.

So maybe some still don’t want Foley to remain in office, that is definitely your choice/opinion, but you have to give him some credit for the improvements and positive changes the org has experienced.
  • jnkranch, Motosapiens, Buck Turgidson and 3 others like this

#23 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

Word on the street is Ken Nelson will be running for prez.

giphy.gif

• (Sh)ItJustGotReal likes this

#24 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:52 AM

I could totally see that happening so he could get the sport to finally pay for practiscore. 

#25 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

I'll renew my membership to vote out Foley.

• Robb315, (Sh)ItJustGotReal, Part Of Me and 2 others like this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#26 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

But is it more of a sport than this?

https://en.m.wikiped...Extreme_ironing

More points for heavy starch?

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#27 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:51 AM

Less drama unless they let Black Beard bring in PCC to that sport too...

2sba5ah.jpg

• Buck Turgidson and Stranger Danger like this

#28 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:11 AM

BULLSHIT!!!!
We are forever known as “That Fuck Up Shooting Organization That Let Rifles Into a Pistoling Match” all for money......
Yeah.....we’re That Guy.....
Laughing stock of shorting sports selling their sole for good ole green backs.

Lord, settle down. I hate PCC too but its a trivial problem.

#29 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

Lord, settle down. I hate PCC too but its a trivial problem.

It’s not trivial. The only people that like pcc are the people that shoot it. Everyone else hates it. I know several people that built or bought one but refuse to even trying the division just because of the people that do like it

#30 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

I don't have a problem with foley, and I don't personally know anyone who does. (and as a CRO, frequent shooter/traveler, and club official, I know a fair amount of people).

Most of us think USPSA is running decently right now, and although individual things could be improved imho (like some of the new rules could be clarified, and the classification system could be unfucked by going to percentiles), I would vote for mike foley again.

You can't make everyone happy in politics... the fact that both the old retarded fudds and the young gamer fags have complaints against mike is imho evidence that he is doing a fair job. The only bummer for me is that he didn't actually ban stegger from nats or whatever it was. 

What do you mean by "going to percentiles?"

USPSA's classifier system does use percentages...  Unlike Steel Challenge, the peak times the percentages are based on are not posted publicly.

#31 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

It’s not trivial. The only people that like pcc are the people that shoot it. Everyone else hates it. I know several people that built or bought one but refuse to even trying the division just because of the people that do like it

One does not need to think too hard to realize how retarded your complaint is.

• warpspeed likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#32 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

Can't tell if that's sarcasm, trolling, or just stupidity! 

Looking at the last 6 months of matches at the more active local clubs, PCC participation is anywhere from 10 to 20%, ie.  100 competitors 25 Limited - 24 Production - 19 Open - 8 SS - 8 CO - 1 Rev and 15 PCC.  That particular match PCC was 4th Overall with a CO second Overall (Hwansik) and an Open pistol first Overall.  The level of hate for PCC here is more like mild derision by a literal handful of the same 4 or 5 guys.  I shoot regularly at 5 local clubs (2 hour drive, OK 3 hour drive if you stay under 80MPH) and the worst reaction to PCC is some minor ribbing and some hard left lean shooting positions.

So saying "Everyone else hates it" translates to "You personally hate it and you want everyone else to hate it too!"

#33 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

Even if he were right and everyone who didn't shoot PCC hated it, what does it fucking matter?  If you hate something you don't participate in, then stay the fuck out of it and let others who do enjoy it have their fun.

This is the same exact retarded logic of those who want to do away with L10 or Rev because only a few shoot it.  It doesn't fucking affect you so shut the fuck up and move the fuck on.

• Nimrod, Cretin Hop, Harry Palmer and 2 others like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#34 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:06 PM

PCC is for geezers that don't wanna shoot one-handed or draw (let alone turn-and-draw) or reload anymore.

Near as I can tell from all the bitching at Nationals anyway.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#35 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

What do you mean by "going to percentiles?"

USPSA's classifier system does use percentages...  Unlike Steel Challenge, the peak times the percentages are based on are not posted publicly.

the peak HF's *are* posted publicly.

percentiles and percentages are not the same thing. 95% of the HHF score is probably different than the 95th percentile of scores.

• ralloway likes this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#36 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:45 PM

Even if he were right and everyone who didn't shoot PCC hated it, what does it fucking matter?  If you hate something you don't participate in, then stay the fuck out of it and let others who do enjoy it have their fun.

This is the same exact retarded logic of those who want to do away with L10 or Rev because only a few shoot it.  It doesn't fucking affect you so shut the fuck up and move the fuck on.

On point....

Some of us remember the days of Dave Stanford and Andy Hollar. Then came the era of "sponsored shooters" running the Org and using it as a way to boost their profile to potential and existing sponsors and industry big-wigs.

Finally the Org has a guy running it that actually comes from the "B-C Class" wing of the sport. You know those people, the ones who make up the majority of the dues paying members who couldn't give two fucks about nut hugging a GM or being the fastest gun at the local hole in the wall gun club. For them, it's all about owning what they want or can and having fun on a weekend with it.

The L10,Revo, and PCC crowd. The guys and gals who shoot .22lf division in Steel Challenge. Those people who foot the bill.Those people who the Org can't financially survive without.

Since the late 1990's the Org has been infected by a small but VERY vocal group of malcontents that get their rocks off telling others what they should and shouldn't do, shoot what they shoot or shouldn't shoot based upon the fucked up premise that they "dilute the sport and cheapen the level of competition" regardless of the fact that when everyone was lumped in together in the Lewis Class awards system or when they're we're only 2 Divisions,Open and Limited, approximately 6 people in the entire nation were capable of winning a National Championship and a certain guy from Mesa Arizona took the bulk of the hardware.

Cheapening the sport and diluting the competition are code words for fucking over your fellow members because you want to, not because you have to.

Leave L-10, Revo, and PCC the fuck alone. Do your thing, stop fucking with others.

• Gecko 46, Unibrain, Conspiracy Brother and 5 others like this

There's no stoppin the Cretins from Hoppin...

#37 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

only bummer for me is that he didn't actually ban stegger from nats or whatever it was. 

What's the story here? Seriously I don't know. 

#38 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

Cheapening the sport and diluting the competition are code words for fucking over your fellow members because you want to, not because you have to.

Leave L-10, Revo, and PCC the fuck alone. Do your thing, stop fucking with others.

USPSA is a competitive discipline.  Theoretically, it has an interest in establishing and then regulating its rules and divisions to ensure that actual, substantial competition is happening.

Contrary to what you have expressed, if you have a division that has ceased to be competitive (or never was), then it does cheapen the sport.  This is not church-league softball.

It's entirely reasonable to have a conversation about how to handle a division that only has 26 shooters at it's national championship.  It has nothing to do with a desire to "fuck with" anyone else.    

It's also entirely reasonable to have a conversation about a division whose defining feature is to be redundant to the most popular division.  The most popular division already being adjustable (by rule) to fit mag cap requirements according to state law. 

PCC is a different animal.  I haven't met any reasonable person who says USPSA should divest itself from PCC.  I think it's clear that the demand is there, and it's a very competitive division.  However, it's entirely reasonable to discuss the effects PCC has on matches and to consider all options on how to best integrate it into the sport. 

No one wants Joe C-class gone from the sport.  But on big-picture matters of competition, maybe it's time we stop catering to the lowest common denominator. 

• snark, The Guy From PR and Stranger Danger like this

#39 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:11 AM

USPSA is a competitive discipline.  Theoretically, it has an interest in establishing and then regulating its rules and divisions to ensure that actual, substantial competition is happening.

Contrary to what you have expressed, if you have a division that has ceased to be competitive (or never was), then it does cheapen the sport.  This is not church-league softball.

It's entirely reasonable to have a conversation about how to handle a division that only has 26 shooters at it's national championship.  It has nothing to do with a desire to "fuck with" anyone else.    

It's also entirely reasonable to have a conversation about a division whose defining feature is to be redundant to the most popular division.  The most popular division already being adjustable (by rule) to fit mag cap requirements according to state law. 

PCC is a different animal.  I haven't met any reasonable person who says USPSA should divest itself from PCC.  I think it's clear that the demand is there, and it's a very competitive division.  However, it's entirely reasonable to discuss the effects PCC has on matches and to consider all options on how to best integrate it into the sport. 

No one wants Joe C-class gone from the sport.  But on big-picture matters of competition, maybe it's time we stop catering to the lowest common denominator. 

Explain to me how 26 shooters "cheapen the sport" by competing in a Division ALL BY THEMSELVES at a Nationals. 

Secondly, USPSA IS a Sunday afternoon church softball league if you compare the M/GM contingent against everyone else from D to A class that either:

* One, do not have the drive and desire to crack into M/GM

* Two: do not have the time or financial assets required to crack into M/GM

* Three: shoot the sport for fun and don't give two fucks about the 10% of the membership with GM cards. 

Should we limit golf club memberships to single digit handicap golfers because those with double digit handicaps "cheapen the game?" 

You're approach is exactly what is wrong with IPSC in general and USPSA in particular. It's a game played on the weekend by guys who love to shoot but may NEVER be TGO. No different than drag racing where there are only 3 Pro Divisions of competition but the overwhelming bulk of the cars in the pits and staging lanes are "sportsman" cars who by their entry fees support the sanctioning body and local track. 

Playing to the lowest common denominator isn't an option, its a necessity. Otherwise USPSA would have 250 like minded members who think maintaining divisions people participate in, regardless of the numbers at a national basis, is a waste of time and effort along with being below them. 

For the life of me, I can't figure out why L-10, Revo, and PCC cause people to froth at the mouth when whatever goes on in those Divisions doesn't effect them in the slightest. 

• Conspiracy Brother and eyesopenedatlast like this

There's no stoppin the Cretins from Hoppin...

#40 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

For the life of me, I can't figure out why L-10, Revo, and PCC cause people to froth at the mouth when whatever goes on in those Divisions doesn't effect them in the slightest. 

Revo and PCC make matches stupider. That affects me.

• snark, The Guy From PR and Stranger Danger like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users