151 replies to this topic

#41 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

Revo and PCC make matches stupider. That affects me.

Contributing factor to the death of Doodie.....

• Conspiracy Brother likes this

There's no stoppin the Cretins from Hoppin...

#42 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:49 AM

Explain to me how 26 shooters "cheapen the sport" by competing in a Division ALL BY THEMSELVES at a Nationals. 

Do I really have to explain what is self-evident?

Apparently so.  

26 shooters is a really good number for an indoor club match across all divisions.  26 shooters is a good number for a single popular division at a larger outdoor club match.

We are crowning a national champion out of a pool of competitors so small that it would not merit a national championship on its own.  Revo gets thrown in as an afterthought to whatever other national championship HQ finds least inconvenient.  Revo would not support a standalone nationals, in contrast to other divisions.    

Your premise seems to be that USPSA does NOT have an interest in maintaining the quality and/or depth of competition of the various divisions; or if they do, they must ignore it in order to placate the people who participate in under-performing or superfluous divisions. 

I reject the premise.    

#43 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

Do I really have to explain what is self-evident?

Apparently so.  

26 shooters is a really good number for an indoor club match across all divisions.  26 shooters is a good number for a single popular division at a larger outdoor club match.

We are crowning a national champion out of a pool of competitors so small that it would not merit a national championship on its own.  Revo gets thrown in as an afterthought to whatever other national championship HQ finds least inconvenient.  Revo would not support a standalone nationals, in contrast to other divisions.    

Your premise seems to be that USPSA does NOT have an interest in maintaining the quality and/or depth of competition of the various divisions; or if they do, they must ignore it in order to placate the people who participate in under-performing or superfluous divisions. 

I reject the premise.    

No...what I reject is the short sighted belief that 26 shooters, who paid their membership fees, classifier fees, and ENTRY fees for Nationals somehow "cheapen" the level of competition for you. 

They are in a stand alone division, all by themselves, competing in a division of their choice. You on the other hand , when you go to Nationals do the very same thing by choosing a division you want to compete in and you then compete. 

You want to throw the baby out with the bath water because those 26 people supposedly "cheapen the level of competition" for you when in all actuality it's your self importance that causes you your problem. 

Let you in on a little secret. Outside of the practical shooting world, which is dwarfed by the FUDD sports of Sporting Clays, Trap, and Skeet, no one gives two fucks about practical shooting. In fact, IDPA was founded on the premise that "average people owning average CCW gear" were forced out of IPSC/USPSA by the very same attitude you espouse. Now IDPA is a dumpster fire of another design but it bled off enough casual USPSA members to at least question the direction USPSA was going in with regards to membership retention. 

I've shot USPSA since 1987. Stopped being an active participant in 2015. I'm an A Class shooter regardless of my just squeaking into M in Limited Division . This back and forth bullshit over "cheapening the sport" began when USPSA got away from Lewis Class awards distribution and created the first 2 Divisions, Open and Limited. It continues to this day where the membership MF;s each other over matters that don't EVER apply to them, like Divisions. It gets old, it damages the sport, and people who no longer what to hear this bullshit go do something else. Sooner or later, the competition you don't want "cheapened" is on life support because enough of those casual members have has enough of being pissed on, moved on, and took their wallets containing their financial contributions you depend upon to keep your Org functional with them. Then what do you have ? 

Those 26 people spent hard earned money to compete in a Division the Org provided for them. Leave them the fuck alone. 

Like this conversation, this horse has already been beaten to death. 

• Conspiracy Brother likes this

#44 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

No...what I reject is the short sighted belief that 26 shooters, who paid their membership fees, classifier fees, and ENTRY fees for Nationals somehow "cheapen" the level of competition for you. 

That's not what I said.

You keep talking past my point(s), but I don't think anything I could type would change that.

The .org is never going to kill a divsion, anyway, so you can rest easy in the knowledge that the sport you don't shoot and have no stake in will remain at the status quo.

#45 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

What's the story here? Seriously I don't know.

http://www.doodiepro...ed-from-uspsa/#

40 pages and 800 replies of doodie gold. Have fun it’s a scorcher.

#46 eyesopenedatlast

eyesopenedatlast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Revo and PCC make matches stupider. That affects me.

please explain to Jerry Miculek how revolver cheapens uspsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Cretin Hop likes this

#47 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

please explain to Jerry Miculek how revolver cheapens uspsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even jerry doesn't hardly shoot revolver anymore. He probably got tired of how f*&#-ing long it takes, just like the rest of us.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#48 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:56 PM

That's not what I said.

You keep talking past my point(s), but I don't think anything I could type would change that.

The .org is never going to kill a divsion, anyway, so you can rest easy in the knowledge that the sport you don't shoot and have no stake in will remain at the status quo.

That's exactly what you've been saying....

…and its attitudes like yours that have driven a segment of the membership away. 

Besides...30 plus years of doing something is long enough regardless of the fact that one has to endure the "fuck you I want or have mine already" attitude directed at those who supposedly "cheapen the sport" by shooting a wheel gun or a 10 round magazine. 

#49 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:56 PM

…and its attitudes like yours that have driven a segment of the membership away. 

Besides...30 plus years of doing something is long enough regardless of the fact that one has to endure the "fuck you I want or have mine already" attitude directed at those who supposedly "cheapen the sport" by shooting a wheel gun or a 10 round magazine. 

If we are driving revo shooters out of the sport, that is a good thing.

#50 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

If you're representative of the segment I've allegedly driven off, then good riddance.

The fewer old fudds and fogeys in this sport the better. 

I'll keep introducing young and hungry new guys to the sport so hopefully we can finish the job.  

#51 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:27 PM

giphy.gif

• Douchy likes this

#52 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

Old age and wisdom.

Certainly beats stupidity. 

#53 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

Triggered....as to be expected.

All mouth, no substance.

#54 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

40 pages and 800 replies of doodie gold. Have fun it’s a scorcher.

Thanks

#55 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,332 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:37 PM

even jerry doesn't hardly shoot revolver anymore. He probably got tired of how f*&#-ing long it takes, just like the rest of us.

Does this fucking guy ever have anything intelligent to say?

• Gecko 46, Cretin Hop and eyesopenedatlast like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#56 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,332 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

The .org is never going to kill a divsion,

That's because they don't listen to self-absorbed idiots who don't even know what "quality of competition" even means for anyone but themselves.

And because they know that practical pistol shooting isn't a real sport nor will it ever be, despite Vince's dreams.

• Cretin Hop and Conspiracy Brother like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#57 ngodwetrust21

ngodwetrust21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

Why did y’all have to bring church league softball into this?
  • DSAF61 and ngodwetrust21 like this
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

#58 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

Are you that empty inside that beating 4 or 5 more mid level shooters in your division Is meaningful?

Aren’t there any little kids in your neighborhood you could go beat up?
Foley stole my B zone.

#59 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:43 AM

Be careful what you wish for. Revolvers can be shot in Production and Limited.
  • ralloway likes this
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#60 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

Does this fucking guy ever have anything intelligent to say?

Lol, thanks for letting me live rent-free in your head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users