ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

So my CED 7000 just stopped working.

Seeing as the last timer thread was in 2016..

Any recommendations for a new shot timer, reviews of shot timers etc.?

Looking for one that can:

Stay on me during movement like the pocket pros

Has volume adjustability so I can dryfire indoors without being obnoxiously loud

Has low par time of about 0.5-0.6

Last through a match's worth of use (battery)

• el.kuglov1953 likes this

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#2 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

https://www.amg-lab.com/

AMG's new timer meets your requirements...  Low par time is 0.4...  You can add a clip or a rubber protective case with a lanyard...  Click the support link if you want more information on timer specifics.

It is currently the only timer to connect to PractiScore tablets via BlueTooth...  It retrieve times and splits for every shot on a stage...  PractiScore Competitor can graph shot strings between competitors (using AMG timers) and display shot splits for a stage...    It makes a great dry fire timer...  Sensitivity can be set low enough to pick up a finger snap...  has multiple delay times...  multiple par times.

It is a new, small company, so there is a small wait time after you order...  But they are worth the wait...

• chachacha and toothandnail like this

#3 Roons

Roons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

Get the older Pocket Pro shot timer.  Its easier to set par times versus the new one:

https://benstoegerpr...pro-shot-timer/

I just put tape over the speaker to lower the volume when indoors.

"You can give it the old spin."

#4 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:47 PM

Pocket Pro is still the finest in 1980’s technology available. Hard facts say the timer Market is too small for anyone to r&d new tech while the Pocket Pro is still adequate. If you’re in the market, I’ll sell you mine. It’s in working order only flaw is my name is sharpied on it. Send me a pm if you’re interested.

#5 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

+1 for AMG timer. I bought one and liked it so much I’ve ordered 7 more to take to Steel Challenge matches we run.
  • chachacha likes this
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#6 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

Pocket Pro is still the finest in 1980’s technology available. Hard facts say the timer Market is too small for anyone to r&d new tech while the Pocket Pro is still adequate. If you’re in the market, I’ll sell you mine. It’s in working order only flaw is my name is sharpied on it. Send me a pm if you’re interested.

How much?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

#7 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

How much?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

ZachJ is in Canada so shipping will probably be an issue. PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ralloway

ralloway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGreensburg, PA

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

How difficult is it to change par times with the AMG Labs timer? I'm seriously considering ordering one, but the thing I do most is change par times berween each drill.

When I'm doing 2-a-day dry fire sessions, that's at least 15-20 par time adjustments per day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

---------------------------------
He's just this guy... ya know?!

#9 chachacha

chachacha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:13 PM

How difficult is it to change par times with the AMG Labs timer? I'm seriously considering ordering one, but the thing I do most is change par times berween each drill.

When I'm doing 2-a-day dry fire sessions, that's at least 15-20 par time adjustments per day.

Easy.

Also, you can set up to 5 presets and then switch between.

Also, you can set up up to three par times per preset.

#10 ralloway

ralloway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGreensburg, PA

Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

Any chance you could elaborate?

Looking at the docs and the videos I see on YouTube, it looks like you have to long-press M, select preset, step with M to par time... and then I have to guess... left/right to highlight the par, M to enter set mode, left/right to adjust par and then GO to accept?

The multipar feature looks like multiple par times per "string", not different pars that can be easily switched between. Is that not correct?

The only timer I have right now is a ShotMaxx and the par change process is set, set, up/down changes secs, set to switch to/from 10ths, up/down changes 10ths, mode exits.

Thanks!

#11 chachacha

chachacha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:58 PM

Any chance you could elaborate?

Looking at the docs and the videos I see on YouTube, it looks like you have to long-press M, select preset, step with M to par time... and then I have to guess... left/right to highlight the par, M to enter set mode, left/right to adjust par and then GO to accept?

The multipar feature looks like multiple par times per "string", not different pars that can be easily switched between. Is that not correct?

The only timer I have right now is a ShotMaxx and the par change process is set, set, up/down changes secs, set to switch to/from 10ths, up/down changes 10ths, mode exits.

Thanks!

You just wrote it above.  You have 5 presets that you can setup. Selecting between the presets is trivial.

For each one of those presets you can setup up to 3 par times for -- i.e., 3 beeps for different way points during the string.

If all you want to do is have a single par time and tweak that for each drill then why do you need to change from the ShotMaxx?

#12 ralloway

ralloway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGreensburg, PA

Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for confirming the process.

The ShotMaxx is usually fine for just me, but not so good for use with others. It doesn't always pick up my dry fire shots, tho, even on the airsoft setting, so was hoping I could use the AMG timer instead outside of matches.

#13 chachacha

chachacha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for confirming the process.

The ShotMaxx is usually fine for just me, but not so good for use with others. It doesn't always pick up my dry fire shots, tho, even on the airsoft setting, so was hoping I could use the AMG timer instead outside of matches.

The AMG sensitivity settings will pick up dry fire.

It’s also great for those quiet pcc guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users