#1 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

I'm going to keep a training journal even though nobody cares anymore.  Which is too bad, this place used to be the pinnacle of shooting sports information.  Even the latest cheating scandal couldn't garner more than a few posts.

So here we go:

I'm a tactical timmy deep down.  I served in the military and have been a cop for 20 years.  SWAT, tattoos.  Pretty much everything except I don't drive a Ford Raptor.  In the golden era of Kyle Lamb and Viking Tactics I swam big in my little pond.  Beating all the other tactards in 2 to the T zone in 4 seconds from 5 yards.  High ready, compressed ready...this long before temple ready.  Gaming would get you kilt on the streez and I laughed at those POG's.  But a curiosity got the best of me.  I got beat by some cubical commandos.

I first learned of Dave Sevigny, then Rob Leatham, then Ben Stoeger, then Steve Anderson.  I rose my way to M class and just about made GM.  I won 3 "big" regional matches in my time.  I've been a Glock Meister too. 

But sadly I have family and a job and I volunteer for Meals on Wheels and it's hard for me to compete as much as I'd like.  As it stands now I plan on winning the 2025 Area 1 Championship in unsupported laser. 

Stats: Mid 40's. full head of hair, full family.  Glock

So range yesterday: 400 rounds.

Started out with group shooting from 25 to 35 yards.  Fairly easy to keep it all in the A zone in a hand sized group.  147 3.5 Univseral.  My group is a little high, will need to tell Dawson to send me a new sight.

I shot Ernest Langdon's 3.5 standards.  I think it's very hard and since you are either perfect or a failure I don't like that.  I cleaned everything but the shooting on the move.

Then Gabe Whtie Standards.  I think he used to be here before the bomb dropped.  I find it pretty easy to shoot Turo Pin consistency.

Then I shot the FAST test 7 times in a row.  Averaged 3.5 seconds from production gear.  I missed the 3x5 once.

El Presidente.  Average 10 HF.  I could either sling it around 4.5 with about 45 points or shoot it mostly clean around 5.5 seconds.  If it were a match, not sure which I'd do.  Did that about 5 times or so.  Draw and reloads are not very fast.  1.3 or so.

Then I shot High Standards a couple times because the set up is the same as El Pres.  Best run was 7.5 HF.

Apparently ammo is so cheap now nobody picks up their brass so I picked it up for them.  Picked up about 1k really nice SIG brass.  Hope that is good.

#bringbackdoodie

I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#2 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:39 AM

Good post and pretty funny 

#3 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:41 AM

There was an adjustable set of sights on benos a couple of days ago 

#4 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:53 AM

In the name of the forum, the Great One, and with Winning in Mind; it has been 3 weeks since my last live fire. Since that time I have worked two extra shifts, coached 4 games, 12 practices, attended 3 track meets and looked at cars on line. I have not live fired (except for police training); nor dry fired with my gear and I have loaded 1 thousand rounds. 3.9 Bullseye with 124 RN.
  • Buck Turgidson likes this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#5 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:06 AM

“An excuse is still an excuse. Stop making excuses forfucksakes!”

-excerpt from the cynical assholes’ creed

#6 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

In the name of the forum, the Great One, and with Winning in Mind; it has been 3 weeks since my last live fire. Since that time I have worked two extra shifts, coached 4 games, 12 practices, attended 3 track meets and looked at cars on line. I have not live fired (except for police training); nor dry fired with my gear and I have loaded 1 thousand rounds. 3.9 Bullseye with 124 RN.

15 Hail Marys and five laps around the rosary and all will be well

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#7 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:47 PM

OK.  Went to the range today and felt pretty good.

I'm pretty good at hosing and I was doing 1.7 bill drills form 7 yards pretty easy.  I did a few tripple bill drills just because I like to waste ammo.  It was a lot of fun.  Then I did this drill called the BFM.  Bill, Fast, Mozambique.  Ken Hackathorn says you are awesome is you do it in 12 seconds.  I did it in 6.

I shot a classifier called SIx in Six Standards or something.  Fixed time.  25 yards 2 2 2 reload 2 2 2 .  15 yards 2 2 2 SHO.  10 yards 2 2 2 WHO.  I'm pretty much B class on that one. 

My kids have track and sports all weekend so I'm never going to shoot a match ever again.

I want to buy my kid a jacked up late 80's K5 Blazer because that's what I wanted when I was a kid.

#8 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:10 AM

Way I see it you will have more fun when you finally do get to shoot a match. It's easy to get burned out with this stuff. Family always comes first. Who cares if you win and what does it really matter, I don't need to impress the guys I only see about 5 times a year. 

#9 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM

Shot yesterday.  Games today, no matches.

I shot a bunch of stuff.  50 yard groups.  My goal was to keep them in the A/C.  35 yards, All in the A zone.  Did allright.  I do a better job with 147 accuracy wise.

Shot some Frank Garcia Dot Drills.  I shot  34/36 from 5 yards.  I guess some people can do it in 7 but I can't.  I would need to tighten down my grip and lock my concentration down...zero deviation from total focus.

I shot a lot of Bill drills too from 15, 20 yards. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users