#1 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 09 May 2019 - 05:01 PM

What happened to USPSA Down Ranges email mews letter, not anything interesting just a bunch of advertising of BS. Welcome to social media.
  • el.kuglov1953 likes this

#2 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:05 AM

Rant level -5

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#3 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:23 AM

What happened to USPSA Down Ranges email mews letter, not anything interesting just a bunch of advertising of BS. Welcome to social media.

You should inform Jake “the blackmailer” martens about it. I believe it’s his department

#4 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

You should inform Jake “the blackmailer” martens about it. I believe it’s his department

Details.  And I mean Doodie-level details. 

This sounds like the kind of thing this lame-ass forum needs right about now.

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#5 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

this place has gone weak....

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#6 Roons

Roons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Lets review the latest email from 5/9 shall we?

2 ads near the top (Sorry, need to pay bills)

- USPSA Magazine latest issue online now. (Informs those that want a digital copy to read in the bathroom, however, the paper copy serves a dual purpose if you run out of 2-ply) 

1 ad (still paying bills. You know to remain in IPSC and send people to World Shoot)

- SIG MPX Competition Range review. (PCC equipment incognito ad.)
- Coming soon: NROI Tips (News of future stuff. Doesn't help much now. Its almost like a trailer for a trailer.)

2 ads (Hell, I might need some insurance and ummm... B2B digital marketing solutions, yeah, WTF)

- Team Glock's Rheuark and Coley earn top honors in competition  (LOL Glock)
- Tips and techniques: When adjusting sights, remember 'FORS' (Tips are cool. But forget 'FORS' and remember Harambe!)

1 ad (Concealed Revolution. "This Holster Is Changing The Industry By Doing Everything Right." yeah.. sure it is)

- Kayla Wirth brings girl power to competition (#metoo)
- 13 new AR-15s for 2019 (Exactly what we need. 13 more ARs)
- SIG SAUER Academy to host 3rd Annual SIG SAUER Aiming for Zero Charity Match (Legit news for charity. I won't troll it)
- Review: Laser PET II Reactive Target Trainer (Debatable ad. However, lets fuck people up with training crap that distracts from actual training)
- The Beretta 92X Performance Pistol (LOL Gloc... I mean Beretta)

So, at first I was going to rip into the statement that its all ads. However, after reviewing above, its basically ads with very little info on whats going on in USPSA. Why the hell would I want to know info about upcoming L3 matches or news within the actual sport of USPSA (not Recoil magazine, Shooting Sports USA, AmmoLand, Shooting Illustrated, or Guns.com). So yeah, its all ad revenue bullshit to pay for the 1% who are allowed to go to World Shoot (yes, I know there is more $ needed for other operational crap - I just like to troll the 1% the rest of us pay for).

God I'm so fucking bored to even post this shit.

Oh, and btw, I really don't give a shit. USPSA needs money, so STFU or volunteer to help them with the email blast.

• Yard Sale and louu like this

"You can give it the old spin."

#7 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

USPSA needs money? For ??? Don’t fly people (Mike is the Pres so not much one can say about that) all over the US and renting cars and hotels just to shoot matches and just say they have business here too. Business, right, because the cell phone is too archaic to use to talk to someone.

#8 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

Roons! That's the best post on here in like the last 6 months or so, probably because it's the only new one...

Yeah that email was pretty much bull shit. I guess it's hard to find time for a decent email when your to busy changing the rules every couple of days. 

• Nimrod likes this

#9 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:43 PM

Have you actually taken the time to have a conversation with Mr Martens? I got that’s not something the USPSA gets involved in we handle the Nationals, I got more excuses and questions about things that I don’t give a flip about it was an eye opener. Shooting sports will be here after the current administration and myself are gone.
MULTI-GUN * SHOTGUN MATCHES & PCC are where it’s at anyway.

#10 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

$25 membership level avoids all that stupid shit.

• Yard Sale likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#11 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:10 PM

So true. You just can’t defeat wisdom!

#12 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Details.  And I mean Doodie-level details. 

This sounds like the kind of thing this lame-ass forum needs right about now.

didn't he DQ at the MG nationals again?

#13 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:01 AM

who is he going to blackmail...?

its not the only sports with guns.

we will just go to IDPA ...or better yet SASS . its vintage multigun  the cowboys started PCC .

NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#14 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

didn't he DQ at the MG nationals again?

Again? I have only shot two MG Nationals..
Well 1.66 actually before my dq at this one.
MultiGun has one too many guns for me, obviously

We do not control the ads on the Downrange Newsletter. Actually the newsletter was set up by the previous administration and ED, it is a 3rd party contract with MultiView. We have our section, the top part, that we submit any announcements etc for.
The Industry news section they, in this case Multiview’s editor from MultiBrief, submits sourced articles each week and I tell him to either leave it or remove it if it is something that I feel isn’t relatable to USPSA/SCSA.(deer stew recipes, why a snub nose is still a good carry gun, stuff like that)
USPSA does receive a percentage of the ad sales revenue generated from the newsletter and the banner ad sales on the website.
We have discussed bringing this in-house, but right now this is found revenue since it doesn’t cost us anything.
I understand if you wish to unsubscribe, sometimes to source information weekly that is interesting can be difficult. The unsubscribe link and information on MultiView/MultiBrief (the section of MultiView that distributes the newsletter) can be found at the bottom under the ads

#15 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:19 AM

I understand if you wish to unsubscribe, sometimes to source information weekly that is interesting can be difficult. The unsubscribe link and information on MultiView/MultiBrief (the section of MultiView that distributes the newsletter) can be found at the bottom under the ads

Yeah, but it's much easier to make snide comments trying to play to the audience than it is to make actual contributions.

• bgary likes this

#16 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

Yeah, but it's much easier to Doodie than it is to make actual contributions.

FIFY

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#17 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

Again? I have only shot two MG Nationals..
Well 1.66 actually before my dq at this one.
MultiGun has one too many guns for me, obviously

We do not control the ads on the Downrange Newsletter. Actually the newsletter was set up by the previous administration and ED, it is a 3rd party contract with MultiView. We have our section, the top part, that we submit any announcements etc for.
The Industry news section they, in this case Multiview’s editor from MultiBrief, submits sourced articles each week and I tell him to either leave it or remove it if it is something that I feel isn’t relatable to USPSA/SCSA.(deer stew recipes, why a snub nose is still a good carry gun, stuff like that)
USPSA does receive a percentage of the ad sales revenue generated from the newsletter and the banner ad sales on the website.
We have discussed bringing this in-house, but right now this is found revenue since it doesn’t cost us anything.

Way to post like a man, seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. There's other people that just spout bullshit and threaten to kick everybody out of USPSA when they see something on the internet that they don't like. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users