#1 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 19 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

What's the story with him, why doesn't he compete anymore?

He was the best, he wrote an awesome book that gave up all the secrets to being a great shooter.

Does he have performance anxiety now, afraid he can't live up to the expectations.

I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#2 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:50 PM

My guess is burnout leading to fuck it.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#3 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:14 PM

My guess is burnout leading to fuck it.

Well, he's been out of the game for what, like 25 years now? 

I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#4 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:00 AM

He probably realized that shooting, even at the highest level was an overall losing proposition. So he said fuck it and started selling Dillon presses.
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#5 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:36 AM

Couldn't beat Robbie. (See: Barnhart, Koenig, Barnes, Edington, Myre, et al)

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#6 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

He's done several interviews lately with Seeklander and Arik Levy.

He explains his departure from the sport.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• ralloway likes this

#7 bpipe95

bpipe95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:41 AM

I was under the impression that it had something to do with his vision. But it could’ve been the reasons most walk away, people, .org and club leadership. Or just the general shitbaggery that plagues this activity.
  • Nimrod likes this

#8 CarlB

CarlB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:07 AM

I always heard he hit the bottle a bit too hard before matches.

#9 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:04 AM

That kind of third hand innuendo is pretty douchy even by this place's standards.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#10 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

Well, he's been out of the game for what, like 25 years now? 

Just about.  The last major I saw him at was Area-1 in 1994 or 1995.

My "understanding" (no personal knowledge) was that as he adopted a more "zen" mindset for his life, the whole competition mindset became sort of a conflict for where he wanted his head.

Dunno.  He was an amazing shooter, so smooth you didn't really get how fast he was going.

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#11 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:51 AM

Details and sources or “Shut the fuck up, Carl.”

#12 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

Factor in the fucking he got from Team Smith and Wesson when their redesigned .356 TSW on a 5906 frame was a dumpster fire of broken parts, only to be rewarded by being dumped mid season when they decided to keep J. MIchael Plaxco who eventually became an LE Sales Rep when the program was eventually disbanded. 

Enos threw in the towel started a forum and a pro shop,  Paul Liebenberg went back to smithing 1911's for ungodly amounts of money. 

There's no stoppin the Cretins from Hoppin...

#13 Beef

Beef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

IIRC from the above mentioned podcasts it was something like, dot guns, gear race, not fun, fuck it.

#14 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:58 PM

he adopted a more "zen" mindset for his life,

"...then comes the supreme and ultimate miracle: art becomes "artless", shooting becomes not−shooting"

• ralloway likes this
Foley stole my B zone.

#15 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:54 AM

Factor in the fucking he got from Team Smith and Wesson when their redesigned .356 TSW on a 5906 frame was a dumpster fire of broken parts, only to be rewarded by being dumped mid season when they decided to keep J. MIchael Plaxco who eventually became an LE Sales Rep when the program was eventually disbanded. 

Enos threw in the towel started a forum and a pro shop,  Paul Liebenberg went back to smithing 1911's for ungodly amounts of money. 

How many times does the industry have do this to the sport shooting community before they wake up to what is going on? FACT: If all the best shooters in the world lined up and shot with one failed company or another and won, the increase in sales to the groupies all standing around with boners wont show a net increase in revenue. Wont even crack one percent. That is a huge problem for the guys stuck in B class to hear their sponsored jersey isn't legit. But here we are. 

• warpspeed likes this

#16 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

"...then comes the supreme and ultimate miracle: art becomes "artless", shooting becomes not−shooting"

LOL

#17 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:57 AM

How many times does the industry have do this to the sport shooting community before they wake up to what is going on? FACT: If all the best shooters in the world lined up and shot with one failed company or another and won, the increase in sales to the groupies all standing around with boners wont show a net increase in revenue. Wont even crack one percent. That is a huge problem for the guys stuck in B class to hear their sponsored jersey isn't legit. But here we are. 

Agreed....

When S&W offered these abortions of a 5906 to the general public, I bought 2. A compensated version and an uncompensated version. When they arrived, took em out of their respective boxes, inspected em, put them back in their boxes and tossed them on the top shelf of the safe where they sat for almost 30 years. I knew this pro shooting team effort wouldn't last, and the only value these pistols had in the long run was as collectables. 

A "fan boy" contacted me and offered to buy em both plus an IPSC commemorative 745 I owned that was also unfired for 3 times what I paid for them. 

The Practical Shooting Sports can offer the small businessman a way to make a decent living but no major manufacturer sees big increases in gun sales because their next big thing won nationals. 

...and if you wear a shirt full of logos from companies that either give you nothing or a 5-10% discount on product, you need to reevaluate your understanding of "sponsorship." 

• warpspeed, Nimrod and Buck Turgidson like this

There's no stoppin the Cretins from Hoppin...

#18 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

...and if you wear a shirt full of logos from companies that either give you nothing or a 5-10% discount on product, you need to reevaluate your understanding of "sponsorship." 

but it gives me a shit load of cred at the local matches. Also, chick magnet.

#19 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

but it gives me a shit load of cred at the local matches. Also, chick magnet.

looks more like a dick magnet tho

#20 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:07 PM

At least he can kick back today and run a shitty forum.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users