77 replies to this topic

#61 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:44 PM

Much to my surprise, it doesn't look like allowing a funny-shaped takedown lever or slide stop was enough for any people that use such devices to beat kolby or nils at A1. I'm shocked.... shocked I tell you.

I'm sick of this kind of bullshit from weak-trolling douches like you.  The bottom line when it comes to this discussion is simple, and the fact that you can't grasp it means one of two things: you're an actual retard, or you don't want to be intellectually honest when it comes to this - or any other - discussion.

USPSA lacks standards.  USPSA lacks a core.  USPSA has become nothing but a shadow of its former self.  USPSA wouldn't know a "production" gun if it hit them in the forehead.  USPSA has allowed itself to become a joke.  This isn't about a fucking "thumbrest [generic]" to replace the takedown lever.  It's about an organization that has lost its way and failed its membership in the process.  

The fact that the sport has become a joke has nothing to do with Nils beating people prone to buying stoopid, unnecessary gadgets.  He could beat most of you idiots if he was wielding the new HiPoint Yeet Cannon.  The point is that production is no longer production.  The truth is, it hasn't been a production division since before the current NROI started his retardery.  The division, due to a misguided attempt to generate "participation" in the setting of Amidon's incompetence, quickly became nothing but another gamer attraction.  The organization and dopes like you clearly don't understand what "production" means.  I can loan you a dictionary if you need it, and I know that HQ certainly does.  These "rulings" and "interpretations" have further robbed the sport of its integrity.  When put together with PCC and numerous other dumbass decisions in the past decade, the lack of standards and consistency doesn't bode well long-term.

USPSA has become fucking dumb beyond measure.  For every new "participant" they find, they lose more than one veteran shooter sick of the bullshit.  The org is likely headed for a tar pit at a high rate of speed, and morons like you can't even see it coming.

• Woodieproject, The Guy From PR, 3gundago and 1 other like this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#62 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:39 PM

The point is that production is no longer production.  The truth is, it hasn't been a production division since before the current NROI started his retardery.  

Good.

What you and other folks like you think production *should* be, is stupid. USPSA is heading in the right direction with it by allowing more unimportant tinkering that has no effect (except to increase competitive equity because fewer folks will feel compelled to buy a race-only unicorn wonder gun). 

It looks to me like standards are gradually getting clearer. We can do without cranky old bastards who want to live in the past.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#63 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:12 PM

Good.

What you and other folks like you think production *should* be, is stupid. USPSA is heading in the right direction with it by allowing more unimportant tinkering that has no effect (except to increase competitive equity because fewer folks will feel compelled to buy a race-only unicorn wonder gun). 

It looks to me like standards are gradually getting clearer. We can do without cranky old bastards who want to live in the past.

The only stupid thing here is you.  Most people here are tired of your know-it-all douchiness.  You don't even shoot Production so guess how much weight those of us who do put on your dumbass opinions: less than none.

If you think "standards" are getting clearer, you are obviously mentally retarded and you should have all your firearms confiscated.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#64 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:23 PM

The only stupid thing here is you.  Most people here are tired of your know-it-all douchiness.  You don't even shoot Production so guess how much weight those of us who do put on your dumbass opinions: less than none.

If you think "standards" are getting clearer, you are obviously mentally retarded and you should have all your firearms confiscated.

haha, typical liberal, wanting to restrict constitutional rights over a trivial difference of opinion.

#65 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:55 AM

I'm sick of this kind of bullshit .....

For every new "participant" they find, they lose more than one veteran shooter sick of the bullshit. 

You were doing well and then overran your headlights. Where do those veteran shooters go, IDPA or CASS? 

Nobody's left anywhere. They've no place to go, 

• Doughnut likes this
Bonafide asshole

#66 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:51 AM

You were doing well and then overran your headlights. Where do those veteran shooters go, IDPA or CASS? 

Don't be so sure that people fed up with bs won't leave for other shooting sports, some of which have nothing to do with pistols.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#67 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:02 PM

Don't be so sure that people fed up with bs won't leave for other shooting sports, some of which have nothing to do with pistols.

suits me. the sport is getting better each year, and getting rid of the whiny fudds will make it even better-er. uspsa is on the right track imho.

#68 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:25 PM

Fair question.  Lately, several of us have stopped shooting matches period.  We're tired of the games in general, and USPSA isn't the only org to lose its way.  Truth is, we miss shooting basic guns and rigs where the focus is on the archer and not the arrow.  WTF happened to old school combat pistolcraft?  I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating: change isn't always progress. 

As far as us having no place to go, you're right when you point out that gamer-free match options don't exist.  We're actually considering starting a local organization in order to make what we're looking for a reality.  We'll see how it goes.

• Woodieproject and Nimrod like this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#69 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:47 PM

We're actually considering starting a local organization in order to make what we're looking for a reality.  We'll see how it goes.

great idea!  exactly how all the outlaw 3 gun matches started.  miss the days of run whatcha brung.  if u wanna shoot a 10 round s&w mdl 59, go for it.  wanna be the heat, shoot open-everything else is gay.  

OTOH, i heard the beard is considering a name change for the org to PCCSA.  kinda like a sanctuary organization.

#70 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:15 PM

Fair question.  Lately, several of us have stopped shooting matches period.  We're tired of the games in general, and USPSA isn't the only org to lose its way.  Truth is, we miss shooting basic guns and rigs where the focus is on the archer and not the arrow.  WTF happened to old school combat pistolcraft?  I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating: change isn't always progress. 

As far as us having no place to go, you're right when you point out that gamer-free match options don't exist.  We're actually considering starting a local organization in order to make what we're looking for a reality.  We'll see how it goes.

Fair answer. Do you think you're put off by the course that USPSA et al has taken, or mostly just tired of competition in principle? I mean, single stack guns are still basic guns, Limited is really not far out for you don't need a Limcat to compete,  and "old school combat pistolcraft" is pretty far from the hit factor game that USPSA is and has been. The insult of a freestyle rules interpretation by Troy doesn't have much bearing on that. 

Bonafide asshole

#71 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:46 PM

Fair question. Lately, several of us have stopped shooting matches period. We're tired of the games in general, and USPSA isn't the only org to lose its way. Truth is, we miss shooting basic guns and rigs where the focus is on the archer and not the arrow. WTF happened to old school combat pistolcraft? I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating: change isn't always progress.

As far as us having no place to go, you're right when you point out that gamer-free match options don't exist. We're actually considering starting a local organization in order to make what we're looking for a reality. We'll see how it goes.

That what an organization has done here where I live, they started their own shooting league, made up their own rules, which is about 3/4 of one page and shoot a match every month. Around Christmas, they have a match and all it costs to shoot is a new unwrapped toy.
I’ve shot it a few times, no gamers, just people wanting to shoot and have fun.
Can you imagine what USPSA used to be like, when all ya wanted to do was shoot and have fun?
Now it’s like everyone is texting everyone else and all anybody wants is a loophole to try and win something with a trick ninja unicorn move.....
USPSA has lost some of its prestige....tell me I’m wrong and all I have to do is point out all the rules being changed on the fly.....open your eyes and see the shit you been peddling.
  • louu likes this

#72 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:23 PM

Can you imagine what USPSA used to be like, when all ya wanted to do was shoot and have fun?

This has nothing to do with USPSA and all to do with your attitude. Wanna just shoot and have fun - there is nothing in your way, come and shoot just for fun, plenty of people do that. 

• Buck Turgidson and Part Of Me like this
Bonafide asshole

#73 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:24 AM

What to do when the realization sets in. It has all been marketing hype and the glow of the logos on your shirts become faded. 

FACT: Nobody gives a shit 

• Buck Turgidson and louu like this

#74 Slow250

Slow250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

It’s ok if you’re a scrub, but don’t be a scrub with a shit attitude. Competition isn’t for everyone and that’s fine, it’s a cop out to blame the guns. If you’d rather shoot paper plates at your local barn for fun, you do you. Let’s be honest, guys rage quitting the sport over “gaming” aren’t bringing anything to a match except a longer day.
  • chachacha, Motosapiens, u sofa king we todd ed and 4 others like this

#75 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:27 AM

That what an organization has done here where I live, they started their own shooting league, made up their own rules, which is about 3/4 of one page and shoot a match every month. Around Christmas, they have a match and all it costs to shoot is a new unwrapped toy.
I’ve shot it a few times, no gamers, just people wanting to shoot and have fun.
Now it’s like everyone is texting everyone else and all anybody wants is a loophole to try and win something with a trick ninja unicorn move.....
USPSA has lost some of its prestige....tell me I’m wrong and all I have to do is point out all the rules being changed on the fly.....open your eyes and see the shit you been peddling.

What is the name of it?  May I suggest one?  "No Guts Shooting League"  Good luck with that.

#76 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:48 AM

LOL! posted on a forum with a population of 10 active posters!!!

Try posting that shit on Facepalm or OMG Benos!!!

If USPSA is doing so badly, why in such a gun unfriendly state as Commiefornikated are there 8+ USPSA matches every week within 2 hours drive that sell out 2 weeks before the match and some clubs have gone to Saturday afternoon and Sunday accommodate the demand.

#77 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:43 AM

Not enough ranges. Supply, meet Demand.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#78 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:19 AM

You mean qualified people to run matches.

More people want to play so they can post memes on IG rather than work. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users