118 replies to this topic

#1 Roland THG

Roland THG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

Voting for the USPSA president has started. Time to pick your president. I don't know much about Mike Valentine except that he is from VA and works in a gun shop. I sat at a lunch table with him during the OK Sectional match and he didn't say anything about the election. 

enjoy every sandwich

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVIO

#2 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

Voting for the USPSA president has started. Time to pick your president. I don't know much about Mike Valentine except that he is from VA and works in a gun shop. I sat at a lunch table with him during the OK Sectional match and he didn't say anything about the election. 

That's because he is being suppressed by Foley and Putin. Duh.

• Buck Turgidson and Stranger Danger like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#3 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

It’s odd that Valentine did get his page in Front Sight magazine, and I’ve already received two emails today wanting me to vote now. I guess the other guy gets his ad in next months issue after foley has pushed everyone to vote today. The mafia wants to be sure and stay out front

#4 Prickett

Prickett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:30 PM

So who is the best choice? I'm in no way up on USPSA politics.

#5 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:12 PM

So who is the best choice? I'm in no way up on USPSA politics.

we can’t say what valentine will do, but we have seen what foley has done.

#6 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

It’s odd that Valentine did get his page in Front Sight magazine, and I’ve already received two emails today wanting me to vote now. I guess the other guy gets his ad in next months issue after foley has pushed everyone to vote today. The mafia wants to be sure and stay out front

valentine only announced his candidacy in april. perhaps his lack of coverage in front sight is due to something other than mafia suppression. As the OP mentioned, he didn't even talk about his candidacy at lunch at a section match. Is he really even trying?

• jakemartens likes this

#7 TrackCage

TrackCage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:39 PM

valentine only announced his candidacy in april. perhaps his lack of coverage in front sight is due to something other than mafia suppression. As the OP mentioned, he didn't even talk about his candidacy at lunch at a section match. Is he really even trying?

I think it boils down to whether or not you like what Foley is doing and want that to continue. If the answer is no, Mike V. is your guy - despite his complete inability to give any (actionable) specifics to any question given on the podcast. I especially didn't like he answer about being qualified for the job. I'm not saying he needs to have xx years experience, but he sounded a bit too green in that moment.

Now that I say it that way, he might have a career in politics.
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#8 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

What did foley say he was going to do when he ran for office? Did any of that shit happen?
  • Part Of Me likes this

#9 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

What did foley say he was going to do when he ran for office? Did any of that shit happen?

He basically told us it would be a more professionally run organization (which it is), and hinted he would get rid of kim (which he and the board did). IMHO, uspsa is significantly better than it was before foley came on board. I don't know how much of that is due to him, how much is due to getting rid of kim, and how much is due to other board members and volunteers. I certainly can't think of any reason to vote for someone else.

• Roons, Buck Turgidson, Cranky Gunsmith and 1 other like this

#10 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

He basically told us it would be a more professionally run organization (which it is), and hinted he would get rid of kim (which he and the board did). IMHO, uspsa is significantly better than it was before foley came on board. I don't know how much of that is due to him, how much is due to getting rid of kim, and how much is due to other board members and volunteers. I certainly can't think of any reason to vote for someone else.

The organization is run like a fucking mob. Threatening folks with bans and blackmailing sponsored shooters for what they say on social media. Foley is a fucking communist

#11 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:25 PM

The organization is run like a fucking mob. Threatening folks with bans and blackmailing sponsored shooters for what they say on social media. Foley is a fucking communist

Are you under the impression that sort of stuff goes on frequently, and was not addressed by the board and the situation resolved? Cuz your post makes you sound pretty uninformed about the berry/foley/stoeger circus of a year or so ago.

#12 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:52 PM

Jesus.  I hope Foley actually has two balls.  Otherwise, Moto and Jakemartens are going to have to take turns latching on like retarded lampreys.

#getoffnowitsmyturntosuckandslobber

• Sweet T, Buck Turgidson and Stranger Danger like this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#13 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

Also, IDGAF what anybody else has done. 

Foley + PCC = GTFO.  Simple math, even for you fudgeknuckles.

• 3gundago, Stranger Danger and DazhiZ like this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#14 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:12 PM

Also, IDGAF what anybody else has done. 

Foley + PCC = GTFO.  Simple math, even for you fudgeknuckles.

I'm not a big fan of pcc in pistol matches (separate pcc only matches would be a hoot), and I'm not a big fan of making the classification system even worse by screwing up the HHF's with bad math, but I don't vote based on some minor detail, I look at the big picture. I also remember our other choices in the previous election, only one of whom was not a complete retard (and I voted for that guy, btw). i also remember the regime foley replaced. I think life is pretty good.   But then I'm not an angry blind old cunt that just wants to have fun and not actually compete....

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#15 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:43 PM

Under Foley..

USPSA the organization is much improved. 

USPSA the sport isn't. Perhaps quite the opposite. 

• Sweet T, chachacha, Stranger Danger and 2 others like this
Foley stole my B zone.

#16 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:53 PM

Under Foley..

Exactly this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• Stranger Danger likes this

#17 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:48 AM

Mike Valentine on BEnos:

"I have participated in a handful of steel challenge matches but am by no means an expert at it.  I have had a few conversations with people like yourself that are primarily involved in steel challenge"

Admits to little actual experience, but wants to make changes based on a "few conversations".

Sounds like great leadership.

• The Guy From PR likes this

#18 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:29 AM

I'm not a big fan of pcc in pistol matches (separate pcc only matches would be a hoot), and I'm not a big fan of making the classification system even worse by screwing up the HHF's with bad math, but I don't vote based on some minor detail, I look at the big picture. I also remember our other choices in the previous election, only one of whom was not a complete retard (and I voted for that guy, btw). i also remember the regime foley replaced. I think life is pretty good.   But then I'm not an angry blind old cunt that just wants to have fun and not actually compete....

Pretty much sums up my opinion. Foley has straightened out a mess so bad it threatened the existence of the organization. However, he added PCC which I personally don't believe should be part of a pistol match. Separate match fine with me.

Steel has really become a big deal. Is this good? I don't care but if you attend a match you find out that the participants are not likely to become part of the regular USPSA matches. They aren't very good and the only way to be competitive is to shoot rimfire. Its cheap and relatively easy. Is that bad. I don't care for it but some people like it. It adds to the treasury I guess.

One thing does bother me. I saw a brief reference that I attribute to Foley (hope Im right about that). It suggested an idea to put a rimfire division into regular matches. That will be 10 times worse than PCC. That would make me vote against anybody who advocated it.

The V guy has no ideas. I wish someone serious would have made a real choice out of this. I sure as hell don't want to go back to what we had before Foley.

• (Sh)ItJustGotReal likes this

#19 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:34 AM

Under Foley..

Sports improve because of the level of competition improves along with the level of officiating. 

Cant have one and not the other. This is an all volunteer sport that relies on handouts to attract competitors.

Matches don't raise enough money to ever change that dynamic. Embrace it. 

#20 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:18 AM

Pretty much sums up my opinion. Foley has straightened out a mess so bad it threatened the existence of the organization. However, he added PCC which I personally don't believe should be part of a pistol match. Separate match fine with me.

Steel has really become a big deal. Is this good? I don't care but if you attend a match you find out that the participants are not likely to become part of the regular USPSA matches. They aren't very good and the only way to be competitive is to shoot rimfire. Its cheap and relatively easy. Is that bad. I don't care for it but some people like it. It adds to the treasury I guess.

One thing does bother me. I saw a brief reference that I attribute to Foley (hope Im right about that). It suggested an idea to put a rimfire division into regular matches. That will be 10 times worse than PCC. That would make me vote against anybody who advocated it.

The V guy has no ideas. I wish someone serious would have made a real choice out of this. I sure as hell don't want to go back to what we had before Foley.

I'm fairly new (joined USPSA in 2015) so I have no real history with the sport itself.  However, I'm not new to managing and running a business and the complete and utter mess that USPSA was (as a business/operation) made me vote for Foley.

I don't GAF about PCC one way or another.  I shoot the CoF as is presented and compare myself only other others in my division.  I give zero fucks about what others are using to shoot it with.  So I would like to understand what about a rimfire division would piss you or anyone else off.

As for Valentine, yeah, one look at his Q&A with others on his FB page made him a non-starter.  NFW I'm giving control to someone with zero management/leadership experience.

• ParaLarry, u sofa king we todd ed and Slow250 like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users