#21 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:20 AM

Oh, and fuck benos for shutting down every single election thread.  I mean, what a fucking retard that guy is.

• Sweet T, chachacha, Motosapiens and 4 others like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#22 Slow250

Slow250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:19 AM

I'm fairly new (joined USPSA in 2015) so I have no real history with the sport itself. However, I'm not new to managing and running a business and the complete and utter mess that USPSA was (as a business/operation) made me vote for Foley.

I don't GAF about PCC one way or another. I shoot the CoF as is presented and compare myself only other others in my division. I give zero fucks about what others are using to shoot it with. So I would like to understand what about a rimfire division would piss you or anyone else off.

As for Valentine, yeah, one look at his Q&A with others on his FB page made him a non-starter. NFW I'm giving control to someone with zero management/leadership experience.

Yeah, his reasoning was basically no one qualified for the job would take it because it doesn’t pay well enough. Overqualified guys routinely do great things in organizations under similar situations. Why? Passion. If someone is going to get more than they give (a significant pay bump) it becomes suspect.

Foley has had some fuckups for sure, but the website and ap give me an actual tangible improvement.

And yes, fuck that dude on Enos for shutting down the threads. I haven’t clicked the secure link yet, are there only two candidates?

#23 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:37 AM

But then I'm not an angry blind old cunt...

Fuck you, Nutsucker.  I never said you were angry.  Or blind.  Or old.

• Buck Turgidson likes this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#24 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:40 AM

are there only two candidates?

Yep, F vs V

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#25 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:41 AM

And yes, fuck that dude on Enos for shutting down the threads

His goons do the bidding, but direction comes from Brian himself.  So fuck him for taking the chickenshit way out.

• louu likes this

#26 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:41 AM

for you guys that think the sport is worse, can you give specifics? is it just butt-hurt about pcc and allowing more tinkering (imho a more level playing field) in prod and co?

Compared to a few years ago it seems to me that the rules are better, the matches are better, stages are more challenging and interesting, the level of competition is higher, we have a number of new RM's and some younger RMI's, and there seem to be some steps being made towards increasing the professionalization of the RO corps  (such as tracking work records).  I know for sure that participation, quality and competition are up significantly in our area, but of course that has way more to do with local volunteers than with HQ.  What are you angry whiners so angry and whiney about?

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#27 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

His goons do the bidding, but direction comes from Brian himself.  So fuck him for taking the chickenshit way out.

Agree. I can get why he doesn't want to allow name-calling or heated arguments, but even civil discussion seems to be banned. Not sure why someone would want to suppress democracy and speech, unless someone was a fascist dickhead.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#28 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:17 AM

Agree. I can get why he doesn't want to allow name-calling or heated arguments, but even civil discussion seems to be banned. Not sure why someone would want to suppress democracy and speech, unless someone was a fascist dickhead.

I don't know the guy from adam but I get the feeling that he seeks to avoid even the slightest hint of confrontation.  Remember that you can't speak favorably or unfavorably of any candidate, for any reason, no matter how civilly or level headed you do it.

So it's not like he's favoring one side and squashing the other (what totalitarians do).  It's like politics fucks with his karma or zen.

• Motosapiens likes this

#29 AMNS

AMNS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationA4

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:37 AM

I think Mike has mishandled production and the high hit factor adjustments. The rest have been vastly improved. I'm indifferent to pcc. Locally it has kept some older guys shooting that had moved on to outlaw matches. His personal meltdown on social media was disappointing. I'll listen to the podcast before making up my mind.

#30 alphashooter

alphashooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:11 PM

Foley for life! I hope he and Ben kiss and make up 😘

#31 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

Ill vote for whoever fires Troy.

• Nimrod, moverfive, (Sh)ItJustGotReal and 5 others like this

#32 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:16 PM

Foley for life! I hope he and Ben kiss and make up

either the beard's troll account or a PCC shooter.

#33 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:41 PM

I’m writing in Steeger!!!

#34 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

Also, IDGAF what anybody else has done.

Foley + PCC = GTFO. Simple math, even for you fudgeknuckles.

Yeah....rifle to a pistol match......see you at the next match NEVER

#35 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

This is an all volunteer sport

And I'm about done volunteering. 

• Nimrod likes this
Foley stole my B zone.

#36 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:59 PM

I think Mike has mishandled production and the high hit factor adjustments. The rest have been vastly improved...

Why the but hurt on correcting the High Hit Factors? While I would have preferred a method that used standard deviation rather than averaging the top 10, my scores seem much more consistent across classifiers than they did before.

#37 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:15 AM

I voted for Manny.

• Part Of Me and 3gundago like this
Bonafide asshole

#38 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:07 AM

Why the but hurt on correcting the High Hit Factors? While I would have preferred a method that used standard deviation rather than averaging the top 10, my scores seem much more consistent across classifiers than they did before.

The standard deviation of what?

#39 Part Of Me

Part Of Me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:43 AM

My problem with Foley is not just PCC, or the last yest year bullshit with Stoeger and Co or the HHF crap, or destruction of Production... Those are serious issues of course. However, they are just consequences. The real problem is that he runs the organization as his private company. The membership is not the company assets or any other items on the balance sheet. Promotion of our sport and increasing the membership by any means are not the same things. I do not think he gets it... 

#40 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

Production is more popular than CO at my local, state, and area matches.  I don't think it's broken or been destroyed.

I paid no attention whatsoever to the HHF recalculation but math is one of my strong suits.  Perhaps someone can explain what was fucked up about the recalculation?

The BS with Stoeger, I don't get involved in purse fights.

• u sofa king we todd ed, DSAF61 and alphashooter like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users