179 replies to this topic

#41 TrackCage

TrackCage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:37 PM

I paid no attention whatsoever to the HHF recalculation but math is one of my strong suits. Perhaps someone can explain what was fucked up about the recalculation?

Take the best 10 hero or zero runs by the pros and call that 100%. Make even 'A' class runs unobtainable on some of older CM's. Sounds legit right?

If you didn't pay attention, that's because you're already a GM (so who cares) or more likely a 'B' class for life dumbass.

#42 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

Or maybe some have noticed they have 120%ed quite a few classifiers, showing how they need to be updated as they are easy as fuuuck.

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#43 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:56 PM

Take the best 10 hero or zero runs by the pros and call that 100%. Make even 'A' class runs unobtainable on some of older CM's. Sounds legit right?

If you didn't pay attention, that's because you're already a GM (so who cares) or more likely a 'B' class for life dumbass.

I detect a high level of hurt butthole.  The standard isn't supposed to be easy.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#44 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

[quote name="Buck Turgidson" post="193926" timestamp

The BS with Stoeger......
[/quote]

This is a direct correlation to his character....if you can’t see the flaws and how he manipulates EVERYTHING, well then, you’re dead above the shoulders aren’t you?

#45 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

I heard the whole reason he done that was because people were buying their way to a GM card....shoot a classifier until you get a GM score.....just sayin’

#46 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:51 PM

This is a direct correlation to his character....if you can’t see the flaws and how he manipulates EVERYTHING, well then, you’re dead above the shoulders aren’t you?

I must be dead above the shoulders

Or maybe I'm just like Foley

You pick, I like either choice

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#47 Slow250

Slow250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:26 PM

GM should mean something, unfortunately it isn’t that big of a deal because there are too many of them and many have no hope of winning a major with a shred of legitimacy. One thing I would change in the classifier system-GM is awarded based off of major match percentage only. Being a local grand master is a joke. If you go to an area match and shoot 80% of the match winner as a GM, are you really?

What division and classifier is an A class run unobtainable?

#48 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

Screw the USPSA presidents who threaten members (Mike Foley, Phil Strader).    Voted for Mike Valentine.

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#49 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:15 PM

Screw the USPSA presidents who threaten members (Mike Foley, Phil Strader).    Voted for Mike Valentine.

Aaannnndddd your vote makes vote number 10 for Valentine.

• jnkranch, JoeyBagODonuts, Motosapiens and 1 other like this

#50 TrackCage

TrackCage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:14 AM

I detect a high level of hurt butthole. The standard isn't supposed to be easy.

Not butthurt at all. I'd far rather be at the top of my division than a GM getting their shit pushed in by mid-pack C-classers. Why anyone would want to be a paper GM (or paper anything) is a question I dont ever think I'll have a satisfactory answer for.

#51 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:50 AM

Aaannnndddd your vote makes vote number 10 for Valentine.

I voted for Valentine because I want Foley to get his Social Media privileges back. The .org was way better when he was over here shit posting and banning people.
  • JoeyBagODonuts, Buck Turgidson and 3gundago like this

#52 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:23 AM

Agree. I can get why he doesn't want to allow name-calling or heated arguments, but even civil discussion seems to be banned. Not sure why someone would want to suppress democracy and speech, unless someone was a fascist dickhead.

You answered your own question 

#53 louu

louu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:42 AM

To the guys that asked about why everyone complains about PCC, 

1. It changed the way stages are built/designed 

B. When it first started it wasted a huge amount of time and occasionally still does. When it first started they jammed a lot and had a lot of weird problems. Then there was and still is a lot of people standing around talking to the PCC guy about his gun and how shiny it is, this means less people resetting. Then you have mass confusion and disscuion/arguments over the rules. Then you have the whole game of who has my flag and another guy comes up saying that it has to be bagged.

3. It changed the way matches were run in some cases because the MD's noticed they were getting home a lot later so they use shorter or less stages.

D. We get home later 

#54 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

Not butthurt at all. I'd far rather be at the top of my division than a GM getting their shit pushed in by mid-pack C-classers. Why anyone would want to be a paper GM (or paper anything) is a question I dont ever think I'll have a satisfactory answer for.

What I take away from your posts is that

1. This isn't really about you but about people who've gamed the classifiers to become paper GMs
  2. If 1. above is true, then you are in favor of increasing the HHFs because that will make it harder to become a paper GM

How am I doing?

Let me give you some life advice: worry more about yourself and less about what others do that doesn't affect you in the least.

#55 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

To the guys that asked about why everyone complains about PCC, 

1. It changed the way stages are built/designed 

B. When it first started it wasted a huge amount of time and occasionally still does. When it first started they jammed a lot and had a lot of weird problems. Then there was and still is a lot of people standing around talking to the PCC guy about his gun and how shiny it is, this means less people resetting. Then you have mass confusion and disscuion/arguments over the rules. Then you have the whole game of who has my flag and another guy comes up saying that it has to be bagged.

3. It changed the way matches were run in some cases because the MD's noticed they were getting home a lot later so they use shorter or less stages.

D. We get home later 

I have found none of those things to have been true in my local experience between 2015 and now.  Not a single one.

#56 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:04 AM

04 Jul 2019, 1101 hrs

-----------------------------

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users

Mike Foley

• Buck Turgidson likes this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#57 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:16 AM

GM should mean something, unfortunately it isn’t that big of a deal because there are too many of them and many have no hope of winning a major with a shred of legitimacy. One thing I would change in the classifier system-GM is awarded based off of major match percentage only. Being a local grand master is a joke. If you go to an area match and shoot 80% of the match winner as a GM, are you really?

http://www.doodiepro...n-gun/?p=193864

-----------------------

On the one hand (see your linked post, above), you say that anybody that thinks USPSA has become gamey is a scrub, but you can bitch about "local grand masters" gaming the classification system and depriving the system of legitimacy?  You are either a fucking idiot or a shitty troll.  Likely both.

Also, I am a "local grand master" and have never won a major.  I've got your "scrub" hanging, Junior. 

• Nimrod and Buck Turgidson like this

#58 Prickett

Prickett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

Foley got my vote. He should just chill some and make his personal beef private from here on out. shake doodie hands and drive on. At the matches I shoot, PCC runs fine. no stages have changed to accommodate them. People talked shit about CO until PCC came along so relax. The more shooters the better for the sport.
  • Nimrod, ParaLarry and Buck Turgidson like this

#59 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:05 PM

What division and classifier is an A class run unobtainable?

Are you a Grand Master?

If yes, are you wrecking it at level IIs and IIIs?  Then maybe you might have a point.

If no to both, maybe you should worry less about who is a GM, how they got there, and how they do at majors or locals.

#60 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:05 PM

The more shooters that aren't in A6 the better for the sport.

FIFY.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users