179 replies to this topic

#161 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:01 PM

It’s been a bit of time but if I recall correctly it was on some social media and the podcast but it involved L10 getting merged or dumped due to it not being needed after to rule book change regarding state dictated capacity.

I haven’t paid much attention this year but the 5 years prior I noticed a slow trend of “bigger” matches being level 1.

In my area especially.

Not that I’m surprised, but I’m happy to see I’m not the only one that noticed the bullshit being slung.

given the steel challenge has 13 divisions, and uspsa another 8, i see this shit exploding.  plastic/metal. 10 rd/hi cap, rimfire/centerfire, pre-junior/junior, men/women/trans, medicare/welfare...

#162 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

men/women/trans

Anyone seen Tranny Oakley lately?

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#163 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:18 AM

that the one with the pronounced jaw muscles and adam's apple?

#164 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#165 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

#166 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for your effort to keep Doodieproject relevant! Always good to see informative posts such as yours!

• Nimrod, JoeyBagODonuts and Buck Turgidson like this

#167 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:06 PM

Doodie

33m8spf.jpg

• Harry Palmer and Part Of Me like this

#168 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:26 PM

I voted for Foley, both times

I tried my best to get PO, now CO a thing. I wanted it to stay at 10 rounds because I liked the demand of reloading. But with the 140mm mags it has grown faster.

I have been out of shooting for about 18 months due to a move from Area 6 to whichever fucking Area I live in now, I am not even sure. Fired a few rounds this week and got the itch again. If I can get a Dot zeroed this week I might shoot a local next weekend.

As for the election, I had never heard of the other dude, and I always liked the Beard.

#169 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for your effort to keep Doodieproject relevant! Always good to see informative posts such as yours!

They were drunk posts, don’t even remember what I said. Oh wait, it’s coming back to me ...

#170 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:23 AM

They were drunk posts, don’t even remember what I said. Oh wait, it’s coming back to me ...

Doesn't matter...it was still informative and relevant to this forum. 

#171 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:26 PM

I voted early and often for Foley.  I've shot many matches with the Beard and consider him a friend.  He has made great improvements to the organization.  Is he perfect, no.  Is he way better than the last president, hell yes.

I like having choices and the org now has more choices.  I've been shooting USPSA and Steel Challenge for over 30 years and got somewhat burnt out, then got back into 3 Gun.  Now with Practiscore, I check what my buddies are going to shoot, Open, Limited, Production, CO, PCC and either shoot that division, or if looks like that division is going to be a little thin, I chose whatever division looks like it has the most heat...or occasionally just for the fuck of it, I'll shoot Revolver.  Just because I can.  Ditto for Steel Challenge.

If somebody doesn't like a division, fine, don't shoot that division, but don't try cockblocking a division just because you want validation for your personal opinion.

So here's to those FUDD's.

2458974266_d93cd6ba49_z.jpg

PS You forgot to yell "Stay off my Lawn!"

• Motosapiens and Buck Turgidson like this

#172 Timmy

Timmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:01 PM

I like having choices and the org now has more choices.  I've been shooting USPSA and Steel Challenge for over 30 years and got somewhat burnt out, then got back into 3 Gun.  Now with Practiscore, I check what my buddies are going to shoot, Open, Limited, Production, CO, PCC and either shoot that division, or if looks like that division is going to be a little thin, I chose whatever division looks like it has the most heat...or occasionally just for the fuck of it, I'll shoot Revolver.  Just because I can.  Ditto for Steel Challenge.

If somebody doesn't like a division, fine, don't shoot that division, but don't try cockblocking a division just because you want validation for your personal opinion.

Maybe we should create separate divisions for every single gun; the more choices the better, right?

#173 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:38 AM

Maybe we should create separate divisions for every single gun; the more choices the better, right?

Single Stack Major and Single Stack Minor are the first 2 new divisions. 

#174 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Single Stack Major and Single Stack Minor are the first 2 new divisions.

You mean singlestack light:
(which is minor, 10rd) so you can shoot a Glock 34 with a slide racker, buttstock, and red dot in the division just like John Moses Browning would have wanted.

And singlestack heavy:
(Major, 8rd) Where you can finally dominate with your 1980s .45 ACP open gun with a compensator. Oh. Don’t forget the *thumb rest [generic]*

This is assuming that the rules get opened up via multiple “adjustments” shortly after the divisions are created. Which, given recent history, is guaranteed.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#175 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:42 PM

You mean singlestack light:
(which is minor, 10rd) so you can shoot a Glock 34 with a slide racker, buttstock, and red dot in the division just like John Moses Browning would have wanted.

And singlestack heavy:
(Major, 8rd) Where you can finally dominate with your 1980s .45 ACP open gun with a compensator. Oh. Don’t forget the *thumb rest [generic]*

This is assuming that the rules get opened up via multiple “adjustments” shortly after the divisions are created. Which, given recent history, is guaranteed.

Don't forget about RCR! Once they approve it, PCC will disappear completely...and the butthurt on both sides will be massive!

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#176 Roons

Roons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:17 PM

Shooters crying about losing heat to other divisions... 

220px-Michael_Jordan_crying.jpg

• Buck Turgidson likes this

"You can give it the old spin."

#177 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

Attached File  0A68027E-3213-4B4A-BC9A-FB5DDAE543F5.jpeg   186.67KB   31 downloads
  • Stranger Danger likes this

#178 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:06 AM

For real?

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#179 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:37 AM

Streamlining Divisions:

1. Open

2. Limited: 

Categories within Limited Division: Recognition at Major Matches based upon realistic participatory numbers

* L-10

* Single Stack 

3. Production: 

Categories within Production: Recognition at Major Matches based upon realistic participatory numbers

* Carry Optics

4. Revolver

5. PCC

Recipe for both consolidation as well as triggering the rage quit crowd. 

There's no stoppin the Cretins from Hoppin...

#180 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:28 PM

Streamlining Divisions:

1. Open

2. Everything else

FIFY

• Stranger Danger likes this