23 replies to this topic

#21 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

Weird.  My official match ammo from Federal usually makes quite a bit above PF.  9mm 150 grain clocked in around 138PF the last couple times I used it at majors.  Where do I get this brother in law special ammo?  

#22 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:02 AM

Listened to Tim explain the USPSA match ammo procedure on his podcast. That shit is retarded.

The IPSC version is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:45 AM

Pay the people with financial ties to USPSA. shoot minor, score major. Shoot sub minor, score minor.  :D

I know these aren't new ideas/rules, but they certainly fit in with the current version off USPSA where all the dividing lines are extremely blurry. 

• Buck Turgidson likes this
Foley stole my B zone.

#24 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:33 PM

For folks that are up on all the rules or say that they are the Certified Match Ammunition Program (previously Official Match Ammunition) is Appendix C3 and has been in place for the last 10 plus years.

It was updated in September of 2018 with new parameters set in place. Previous to that Appendix C3 was only one ammunition company or could be a company approved by the President for a specific match.

Now the ammunition has to go through a certification process that was posted and sent out in September http://www.multibrie...-match-ammo.pdf

There are several companies that now have certified ammunition that can be used in matches and that have been tested and reviewed.

Can be found here https://uspsa.org/ammunition

It is specific ammunition from specific manufacturers that have submitted test results and samples and meet the requirements.

The 45acp 220gr Federal Syntech Action Pistol pistol ammunition in question is the same ammunition that several people shot, including myself.

I have had original engineering samples and 4 different case lots of the 220gr ammo.

I know that in my oldest 1911 that has 100k rounds through it the ammo is 162-163 pf, in the gun I shot at Nationals over my chrono before leaving Indiana 169-170, I was at 166.25 at Frostproof.

We ran a couple of different case lots through 4 or 5 different guns later at the match, some were 168+, some were 163-165. 

That information has been sent to Federal and they are bumping the 220gr load up an average of 30fps.

The lots that seem to be "slower" were loaded during the months of July and August on the older loaders and not the plate loaders. Humidity could be a factor. The plate loaders are more accurate and have less  standard deviation than the older style loaders. However the plate loaders are used for high volume loading (500 rounds at a time) and the 220gr 45acp and 205gr 40s&w do not sell as well as the 150gr 9mm, so they are not loaded as often and usually on the older style loaders.

There is still older 220gr 45acp in inventory and on the shelves, so if you hurry and buy it up you might be able to get that 'special soft load', but don't blame me for your malfunctions. I mean it is a 1911, so blame the extractor, or magazine..

• vluc, chachacha and Buck Turgidson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users