Photo

If you take money to write about a product, I assume you are biased.

PF Midget TPOG Troll

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

http://pistol-forum....-you-are-biased

I assume someone from Doodie posted this.

• Bysttyiunsy likes this

#2 md12393

md12393

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hilarious. They (mods) quote their forum rules about being polite to people even if they disagree with them. And then tell them to kiss their ass if they don't like it.
"You need to be bitch slapped" - Sean Gaines

#3 Reverend Rat Snatcher

Reverend Rat Snatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

It makes me wish we could replicate forum threads into an in person round table discussion, with hockey rules.

#4 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

It makes me wish we could replicate forum threads into an in person round table discussion, with hockey rules.

Hockey?  Aren't threads already slow and boring...with most viewers wondering WTF is going on?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#5 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hilarious. They (mods) quote their forum rules about being polite to people even if they disagree with them. And then tell them to kiss their ass if they don't like it.

You seem impressed with that troll?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#6 bpipe95

bpipe95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

The same is true about all of the "reviewers" that just get the stuff for free.

No one ever wants to talk about those guys, or rather those vulcers.... The number of bottom sucking mouth breathers that do noting but write to companies trying to get shit for free so that they can "review it" is staggering. They openly promote snake oil products just because they got. It for free.

Also,Ever notice how you never see a bad review from any of these bottom feeders??? If they give a bad review they won't get free junk anymore. It's fucking pathetic.

One of my fav examples was a guy reviewing the snake oil alg trigger. He was so fucking ignorant on the workings of a trigger that he claimed it has zero creep yet right in his video it shows a live cut away receiver with an alg working inside and it had a massive amount of creep...

This problem is growing more and more every year.

Yet the the ignorant masses on forums and YouTube follow along mindlessly.

Unless a reviewer openly states at the beginning of a review how they obtained the product I rarely take them seriously.
  • bpipe95 likes this

#7 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

I started that thread. 

It wasn't a troll, unless calling out someone who happens to be a moderator is considered trolling.

TCinVA said you couldn't question someone with ties to the "industry" without proof.   I countered with my belief that anyone takes money from the "industry" is automatically suspect when it comes to providing unbiased reviews.  

Seems pretty obvious to me. Roger Ebert wasn't paid by movie studios to review movies.  It would have been a serious conflict of interest if he had and he would have been drummed out of journalism immediately.  Any of you Pistol Forumites want to continue your defense over here?

Somehow TCinVA, who coincidentally works for Caleb, tried to spin it as if I was questioning  'forum moderation'.  I really didn't give a shit about that asskisser as a moderator.  I was writing in response to his statement that you can't question someones lack of a bias based on whether they take money from the 'industry'.   I feel you absolutely can. Nothing more.  (Hmm, if I were to start another post, it would be how an employee of Caleb is automatically suspect when moderating threads that mention Caleb.)  

I think the moderators over there all have a blog of some sort and desperately want to protect the 'industry' so they can get some of that blogging money. haha   Todd accused me of being envious (of Caleb, I suppose).  When did writing a blog get to be such a glamour job?   I have a real job that pays more than blogging and is way cooler. (Hint; I get a free pistol and free ammo with my job too, but I did't have to sell my soul for them.)  

• dravz and P220 like this

#8 md12393

md12393

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

Not impressed. I'm impressed with TLG's response of it's my house my rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You need to be bitch slapped" - Sean Gaines

#9 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

It certainly got Todd's attention and got a bunch of his sycophants worked up in a hurry.  (But not everything that annoys a moderator is a troll job.  You need to learn that.)

• Cheap Shot likes this

#10 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

I remember the last gun mag I bought from the "mainstream" where the gun was fine but all the problems were shooter error. I wrote a letter to the editor and asked why the fuck did they let people who can't fucking shoot guns shoot them for review.

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#11 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

The same is true about all of the "reviewers" that just get the stuff for free.

No one ever wants to talk about those guys, or rather those vulcers.... The number of bottom sucking mouth breathers that do noting but write to companies trying to get shit for free so that they can "review it" is staggering. They openly promote snake oil products just because they got. It for free.

Also,Ever notice how you never see a bad review from any of these bottom feeders??? If they give a bad review they won't get free junk anymore. It's fucking pathetic.

One of my fav examples was a guy reviewing the snake oil alg trigger. He was so fucking ignorant on the workings of a trigger that he claimed it has zero creep yet right in his video it shows a live cut away receiver with an alg working inside and it had a massive amount of creep...

This problem is growing more and more every year.

Yet the the ignorant masses on forums and YouTube follow along mindlessly.

Unless a reviewer openly states at the beginning of a review how they obtained the product I rarely take them seriously.

Exactly. 

Here's an example.  I think the Military Arms Channel (thebangswitch.com) started out well and honest.   I suspect that once he got a decent sized readership companies started courting him to shill for them.

Take this this article about some Wolf (yes, the same Wolf that makes shitty ammo) night optics that the writer hasn't even seen yet.

http://www.thebangsw...-wolf/#comments

If anyone thinks a writer is truly that excited about some Russian Gen3 NODs that no one has seen, please get in touch with me.  I have a bridge for sale.  

#12 Reverend Rat Snatcher

Reverend Rat Snatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Hockey?  Aren't threads already slow and boring...with most viewers wondering WTF is going on?

Let me clarify, hockey rules, where we can beat the fuck out of each other and then sit in a penalty box for five minutes.
  • BHill likes this

#13 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Exactly.

Here's an example.  I think the Military Arms Channel (thebangswitch.com) started out well and honest.   I suspect that once he got a decent sized readership companies started courting him to shill for them.

Take this this article about some Wolf (yes, the same Wolf that makes shitty ammo) night optics that the writer hasn't even seen yet.

http://www.thebangsw...-wolf/#comments

If anyone thinks a writer is truly that excited about some Russian Gen3 NODs that no one has seen, please get in touch with me.  I have a bridge for sale.  

I thought Tim Harmsen (MAC) started off strong, what with his utter smashing of the Sig 556R rifle as a total POS. Some of his other stuff was good. Now he's obviously a shill and never seems to have anything to talk about if it isn't free product from a sponsor. Oh, well. He's off doing his prepper shit.

However, I disagree that the Wolf optics are not worth being excited over. Their Elcan Spectre DR clone sounds awesome IF they have good glass and IF it costs like $1K. Also, who doesn't want more affordable night vision? I mean, besides those with night vision already.

• not that bryan likes this

#14 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

I thought Tim Harmsen (MAC) started off strong, what with his utter smashing of the Sig 556R rifle as a total POS. Some of his other stuff was good. Now he's obviously a shill and never seems to have anything to talk about if it isn't free product from a sponsor. Oh, well. He's off doing his prepper shit.

However, I disagree that the Wolf optics are not worth being excited over. Their Elcan Spectre DR clone sounds awesome IF they have good glass and IF it costs like $1K. Also, who doesn't want more affordable night vision? I mean, besides those with night vision already.

I like his blog too.  The Wolf Optics entry is the only one I had a problem with.  He just said he doesn't get paid to write reviews.  I'll take him at his word for now. 

#15 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

I like his blog too.  The Wolf Optics entry is the only one I had a problem with.  He just said he didn't take money or anything else to write that.  I'll take him at his word for now.

That's total BS. I know he gets paid in at least ammo to pimp Wolf. Money isn't the currency in the gun shill world, anyhow.

#16 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Best part of TPOGs post was this:

If you don't like the way the forum is moderated, you can quit. My patience for this idiotic thread, which appears to have first gained legs at another forum which has constantly been hostile toward both PF and Caleb and exists for little reason other than to troll other boards/people, is now over.

I think that thread got legs on his forum didn't it? What the fuck did this forum have to do with it?

As an aside about Caleb, he has been very explicit with me in person and he was candid on PF. If you pay him, he will write a review. It is pretty much what he does.

• Dr. Yellow Visor Guy and Twinkie like this

#17 Reverend Rat Snatcher

Reverend Rat Snatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

So is Todd a secret member here, or does he have one of his little bitches spy for him?
  • Nimrod likes this

#18 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

How dare you question gun writers?! That is absurd and beyond the pale. They are as pure as wind driven snow!!

Lol. TPOG is either a dishonest shitbag, or an incredibly stupid shitbag. "My house, my rules" notwithstanding

#19 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

So is Todd a secret member here, or does he have one of his little bitches spy for him?

Definitely the latter. Probably the former, too.

------

Oh hi, Tam. :)  I like some of your posts.  Just cut down on the snark, though.  It's getting old. You seem intelligent.  Write in a style that isn't so annoying and I bet you can get some of that blog money, too. 

#20 Gecko 46

Gecko 46

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Oh hi, Tam. :)  I like some of your posts.  Just cut down on the snark, though.  It's getting old. You seem intelligent.  Write in a style that isn't so annoying and I bet you can get some of that blog money, too. 

This. I keep trying to like her writing but every time I do she then manages to crap on everyone not among her nuthugger crew. She throws out those nasty little 'holier than thou' comments then disappears or refuses to honestly debate. Come to think of it, she'd make a pretty good Doodier.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PF, Midget, TPOG, Troll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users