Photo

If you take money to write about a product, I assume you are biased.

PF Midget TPOG Troll

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

If you buy a gun or product based upon an inter web review, you deserve what you get.

If you can get free shit for whoring yourself on the inter webs, whoopdeefucking doo! More power to you.

Fuck you all, Owens, out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Ben and Woodieproject like this

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#42 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

Gun writers and their employers are all whores.
Bloggers are gun writers who can't stay employed writing only they are so full of themselves they have to find another outlet.
Forum owners are most moderators are chasing their shadows as self appointed commentators.
You tube and shitty tv shows are what take the cake by allowing anyone to become a national sensation if you are self centered enough to post. The list of these are so long we would need a new section in this forum.

90%. No 95% of the stuff they propagate is all self made noise.
  • Ben and dels like this

#43 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Gun writers and their employers are all whores.
Bloggers are gun writers who can't stay employed writing only they are so full of themselves they have to find another outlet.
Forum owners are most moderators are chasing their shadows as self appointed commentators.
You tube and shitty tv shows are what take the cake by allowing anyone to become a national sensation if you are self centered enough to post. The list of these are so long we would need a new section in this forum.

Or the bloggers realize that the gun industry pays like shit. Shooting well or having boobs are really the only things that will make you money. As most bloggers lack the latter, which is a requirement to make decent money in the shooting industry, the smart ones will get a real job.

#44 Chett Luduston

Chett Luduston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Or the bloggers realize that the gun industry pays like shit. Shooting well or having boobs are really the only things that will make you money. As most bloggers lack the latter, which is a requirement to make decent money in the shooting industry, the smart ones will get a real job.

Ben has nice tits?

#45 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Shooting well makes money? I would never guess.

MFCEO, are you a one-percenter?

Bonafide asshole

#46 red headed stranger

red headed stranger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

This is one of my big pet peeves.  You know that these people have canned posts on:

• caliber wars
  • 1911s
  • competition vs training
  • open carry
  • fine vs. gross motor skill

ready to post the second their page views drop.  

#47 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

This is one of my big pet peeves.  You know that these people have canned posts on:

• caliber wars
  • 1911s
  • open carry

I hear you.

Now, have there been any new developments on the abovementioned topics?
  • Ben likes this
Bonafide asshole

#48 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

This is one of my big pet peeves. You know that these people have canned posts on:

• caliber wars
  • 1911s
  • open carry

Just add while drunk and you can tap into a icky Grey area that no blogger wants to touch.
  • Nimrod and barry owens like this

#49 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

joshs on there is a fucken idiot. Just because you are biased doesn't mean you are dishonest? WTF? Does this guy live in a bubble?

If I intentionally write ONLY good reviews about something because writing bad things would be a conflict of interest... how would this be considered honest?

#50 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

Actually, a bias doesn't equate to intentional outcome and dishonesty. In fact, in research methodology biases usually lead to unintentionally skewed outcomes.

He shoulda bet you 20 bucks.
Bonafide asshole

#51 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Actually, a bias doesn't equate to intentional outcome and dishonesty. In fact, in research methodology biases usually lead to unintentionally skewed outcomes.

He shoulda bet you 20 bucks.

This isn't scientific research.

If I was to sell you a used car and tell you only the good things about it, leaving all the problems out, would you consider me to be honest with you?

#52 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

This isn't scientific research.If I was to sell you a used car and tell you only the good things about it, leaving all the problems out, would you consider me to be honest with you?

No, you're right, but it is tangential to your criticism of his statement that bias doesn't mean dishonesty. Personal bias is a prejudice, dishonesty is misrepresentation. Not the same, and don't always coexist.
Bonafide asshole

#53 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

No, you're right, but it is tangential to your criticism of his statement that bias doesn't mean dishonesty. Personal bias is a prejudice, dishonesty is misrepresentation. Not the same, and don't always coexist.

True, but that concept doesn't apply here. The idea of all these "reviews" is supposed to be to show the customer a product before they buy it so they can decide if they like it or not. However the reality is, its basically advertisement for said product, because no one will stick their neck out, given a honest review with the possibility of losing future opportunities because companies refuse to send stuff to have its flaws shown.

#54 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

TGO, Woodie Nerd Burned you with mad knowledge.

• Ben likes this

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#55 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

However the reality is, its basically advertisement for said product, because no one will stick their neck out, given a honest review with the possibility of losing future opportunities because companies refuse to send stuff to have its flaws shown.

True. Owens got it covered at the top of the page, though.

Bonafide asshole

#56 Chett Luduston

Chett Luduston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Tangental.  Taint.

#57 glocktogo

glocktogo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

This isn't scientific research.

If I was to sell you a used car and tell you only the good things about it, leaving all the problems out, would you consider me to be honest with you?

That wouldn't make you dishonest. Stating that the engine was in top condition when you'd just filled the crankcase with sawdust would make you dishonest.

However, if I believed you when you told me all those good things about it and failed to mention the bad, it would make me stupid. Kinda like running out and buying the latest gee whiz gun on the recommendations of ANY gunwriter who got paid for an article, whether it be through a check, product or advertising revenues.

#58 Chett Luduston

Chett Luduston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

How dare you question gun writers?! That is absurd and beyond the pale. They are as pure as wind driven snow!!

Lol. TPOG is either a dishonest shitbag, or an incredibly stupid shitbag. "My house, my rules" notwithstanding

Or a cancer ridden shitbag.  http://pistol-forum....ing-ToddG-don-t

#59 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Or a cancer ridden shitbag. http://pistol-forum....ing-ToddG-don-t

So, are you saying his cancer medications are what caused him to have the insane notion that gun writers are paragons of ethics and virtue, and thusly beyond reproach?

Or is that just a non sequitur inserted for trolling purposes?

#60 Chett Luduston

Chett Luduston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

So, are you saying his cancer medications are what caused him to have the insane notion that gun writers are paragons of ethics and virtue, and thusly beyond reproach?

Or is that just a non sequitur inserted for trolling purposes?

The latter, I suppose.  Hadn't put that much thought into it.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PF, Midget, TPOG, Troll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users