Looks way too fast for me.

#3 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Terrible timing. I got in 3x of these from Shooter's Connection yesterday. Haven't used yet; will post a review once I do but initial impressions are they are the shit. Great build quality, very slick with no friction and nice ability to mount/cant for your pleasure. So far only hiccup in the design is no way to lock the tension adjustment.

• Ben and JaeOne3345 like this

#4 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Listended to your podcast, Ben... FUCK! I've drilled holes in my pouches like a chump because I got old stock. Your Pro Shop ones have the hole already drilled for bullet nose out, correct?

#5 Matt Mc

Matt Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Listended to your podcast, Ben... FUCK! I've drilled holes in my pouches like a chump because I got old stock. Your Pro Shop ones have the hole already drilled for bullet nose out, correct?

Mine did not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

The old ones were not drilled, the new ones are. DAA should be out of the old stock so I think all the stuff we have showing up should have holes in it.

#7 Matt Mc

Matt Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

I've had these for a week and have dry fired and shot one match with them. I like them. Mimics my ghost pouches that I use in prod and take up less space than the CR speed. Smooth release and built well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

The old ones were not drilled, the new ones are. DAA should be out of the old stock so I think all the stuff we have showing up should have holes in it.

The ones I just got are drilled for the mounting screw, but the instructions recommend drilling through the other side (bullet nose side/ front) also for easier access to the screw.
I'm running them bullets forward, so I haven't tried mounting then bullets out.

#9 John0321

John0321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Mine showed up yesterday undrilled. I need to drill through the shelf-thingy the tension bar sits on also, the screws it comes with are wider than the shelf.

Tier Level: .08

#10 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Mine showed up yesterday undrilled. I need to drill through the shelf-thingy the tension bar sits on also, the screws it comes with are wider than the shelf.

Yeah I noticed this as well. Took a rasp to it and opened things up. Pretty gay IMO to advertise a capability then not be able to do it out of the box.

The only problem I keep having is bullet nose out, they come a bit loose from the belt attachment. Blue locktite helps but I still need to tighten them occasionally.

Don't think I'm unhappy with them... my last mag carriers were Comp-crap and the DAA Racers are so much slicker, faster, and more secure.

#11 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Goddamnit. I am sorry guys I was told these things were good to go out of the box.

• John0321 likes this

#12 Full Timmy

Full Timmy

Head Goon

• Administrators
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

They are a hassle to make them bullet nose out but they are capable. I did not have to drill the unit I made bullet nose out for the photo. I would think it would be easier to make bullet nose out with the hole drilled though.

I think the DAA pouches are a PITA in general but maybe the Ghost pouches are just super easy.

"Sometimes you need to go fast and absorb some mikes"

-Me

#13 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Since I love all things 1911, my tolerance for needing to mod something "ready to run out of the box" is quite high. If you didn't want to run them bullet nose out they work great right away. Really, I've not seen a better SS mag pouch, but I've not seen the full-on aluminum version of this one. 

• Ben likes this

#14 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

I just ordered some - wtf.

#15 John0321

John0321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Goddamnit. I am sorry guys I was told these things were good to go out of the box.

No worries. I'll be in your ATL class this weekend and plan on blaming the pro shop for any fumbled reloads. Shit's baller.

#16 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

No worries. I'll be in your ATL class this weekend and plan on blaming the pro shop for any fumbled reloads. Shit's baller.

Ohh, good plan. Although I'm bringing the production gun not the single stack. Ghost pouches on that one.

#17 Matt Mc

Matt Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

It's really not that hard Ben, I did mine and my brothers in like 10 minutes. Send me another pouch and I'll do a how to video. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 John0321

John0321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

It's really not that hard Ben, I did mine and my brothers in like 10 minutes. Send me another pouch and I'll do a how to video. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it just took a drill bit wide enough for the screws. They save alot more space on the belt than the Blade-techs I had before.

#19 StrongHandOnly

StrongHandOnly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

When is Ghost going to offer the "Bullets nose out" option for the single stack mag pouches?

#20 Truk Snave

Truk Snave

Kurt Evans

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Check the shooting SSTK thread in shit I don't care about. I posted pics of my modified ghost pouches that are now bullets out
  • jabbermurph likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users