Photo

You will conform, you will comply or just don't compete under threat of purjury!!!

IDPA

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#1 crimestrike

crimestrike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationDouble-Wide in Berryville, AR

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:07 AM

It is crap like this wavier that makes me want to use my membership card for 20 yard bill drills.  This is the wavier that must be signed before competing in the Indoor Nationals this year.  Well I guess I do not want to perjurer myself, so I guess I will stay home and Doodied all over this POS. 

IDPA Indoor Nationals Match Participant Code of Conduct

1. I will follow all of the safety rules of IDPA and Smith & Wesson.

2. I will follow all commands and instructions of the Match Director, Safety Officers, and any official representative of Smith & Wesson.

3. I have read and will abide by the rules in the current IDPA rulebook.

4. Prior to and during the match, I will refrain from the use of alcohol, substances, or medications that may negatively impact my ability to participate safely in the match or that may impact the safety of other match participants or bystanders.

5. I will not communicate with others in a threatening, harassing or abusive manner, and will not engage in the use of off-color remarks and jokes or profanity during the course of my participation in the match. I will not physically touch another person participating in an IDPA event without their consent unless it is necessary to address an immediate safety issue.

6. I will treat all match participants with respect. I will not participate in any discriminatory actions or behavior against others for any reason, including, but not limited to, their IDPA classification, shooting abilities, race, sex, religion, age, disability or national origin.

7. I will represent my sport in a professional manner through my behavior and dress, in accordance with the standards established by the Match Director and Smith & Wesson.

8. I will refrain from disparagement or inappropriate criticism of IDPA or other shooting sports, their officials, and rules of match competition.

9. I will always be a champion for IDPA and promote IDPA in the best light possible.

10. I understand that the failure to follow this Code of Conduct or any other commands or instructions of the Match Director, any Safety Officers, or any official representative of Smith & Wesson may result in my disqualification or exclusion from participation in the IDPA Indoor Nationals at the sole discretion of Smith & Wesson, and may also result in the revocation of my IDPA membership.

SIGNED UNDER THE PAINS AND PENALTIES OF PERJURY THIS ____ day of February, 2014.

Signature: __________________________________
Printed Name: _______________________________
Witness: ___________________________________ 

• JohnesMl and Dentalor like this

#2 P.A.I.D.

P.A.I.D.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAt P1, Airgunning on an Individual Walkthrough planning a ghost load...

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

You just can't make this stuff up.

Well, they got the "PAINS AND PENALTIES' part right...,

... And NO cookies either

Question - Who defines 'appropriate' ? Is it like 'suitable for all day wear'?
  • Twinkie likes this
Mens Rea

#3 crimestrike

crimestrike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationDouble-Wide in Berryville, AR

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

"5.  I will not communicate with others in a threatening, harassing or abusive manner, and will not engage in the use of off-color remarks and jokes or profanity during the course of my participation in the match. I will not physically touch another person participating in an IDPA event without their consent unless it is necessary to address an immediate safety issue."

Does tackling count?

#4 P.A.I.D.

P.A.I.D.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAt P1, Airgunning on an Individual Walkthrough planning a ghost load...

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

Only if an SOI points a gun at you after handing out bad cookies.
  • Kool Aide likes this
Mens Rea

#5 M91196

M91196

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

This will be the last year for the match, I can't be believe they got the approval this year.
Publicly traded company that has had image issues related to the shooting sports center; felon using the range, suicides, stolen guns as well as multi management/ staff purges it is got to be wearing out the compliance and safety department.

• Cretin Hop likes this

#6 Gecko 46

Gecko 46

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

"SIGNED UNDER THE PAINS AND PENALTIES OF PERJURY THIS ____ day of February, 2014."

Wow. We didn't even have language that strong on our criminal confession forms. Will they have a priest there to either absolve or excommunicate you?

#7 red headed stranger

red headed stranger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

This is a bunch of standard form bullshit that doesn't do much from a liability standpoint. But, it does make it easier to eject you from the proceedings without a refund.

#8 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

This is great material. I'm going to see how riled up I can get the hoosier IDPA crowd.

http://ingunowners.c...s-business.html

#9 The Virus

The Virus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

11. Thou shall suck a big floppy donkey dick.

• barry owens likes this

#10 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

It is crap like this wavier that makes me want to use my membership card for 20 yard bill drills.  

This is an ambivalent statement. On one hand, it sounds like you're pissed and want to destroy your membership card. On the other hand, you're setting it in such a way that you know well in advance you are never going to hit it.
I personally think IDPA card should come with a bullet hole in it as a design feature to underline a real life nature of IDPA.
Bonafide asshole

#11 P.A.I.D.

P.A.I.D.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Now, is this what they meant by "IDPAis Social"?

I've seen his Bill Drills - IDPA MA - the card is safe.
  • P.A.I.D. likes this
Mens Rea

#12 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

I will refrain from disparagement or inappropriate criticism of IDPA ...

Oops. Too late.
... and who defines inappropriate? I think all criticism is appropriate.

Twinkie for GA SC!

"What we need is a strong white man to be in charge!" 

#13 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Oops. Too late.
... and who defines inappropriate? I think all criticism is appropriate.

Same people who determine "suitable for everyday carry" and how many mag pouches you can wear I would think.

#14 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

It is crap like this wavier that makes me want to use my membership card for 20 yard bill drills.  This was the wavier that must be signed before competing in the Indoor Nationals this year.  Well I guess I do not want to perjurer myself, so I guess I will stay home and Doodied all over this POS. 

2. I will follow all commands and instructions of the Match Director, Safety Officers, and any official representative of Smith & Wesson.

4. Prior to and during the match, I will refrain from the use of alcohol, substances, or medications that may negatively impact my ability to participate safely in the match or that may impact the safety of other match participants or bystanders.

5. I will not communicate with others in a threatening, harassing or abusive manner, and will not engage in the use of off-color remarks and jokes or profanity during the course of my participation in the match. I will not physically touch another person participating in an IDPA event without their consent unless it is necessary to address an immediate safety issue.

6. I will treat all match participants with respect. I will not participate in any discriminatory actions or behavior against others for any reason, including, but not limited to, their IDPA classification, shooting abilities, race, sex, religion, age, disability or national origin.

7. I will represent my sport in a professional manner through my behavior and dress, in accordance with the standards established by the Match Director and Smith & Wesson.

8. I will refrain from disparagement or inappropriate criticism of IDPA or other shooting sports, their officials, and rules of match competition.

9. I will always be a champion for IDPA and promote IDPA in the best light possible.

10. I understand that the failure to follow this Code of Conduct or any other commands or instructions of the Match Director, any Safety Officers, or any official representative of Smith & Wesson may result in my disqualification or exclusion from participation in the IDPA Indoor Nationals at the sole discretion of Smith & Wesson, and may also result in the revocation of my IDPA membership.

SIGNED UNDER THE PAINS AND PENALTIES OF PERJURY THIS ____ day of February, 2014.

Wow....amazing attempt at protecting the brand.

There must be some considerable worry amongst the powers that be running this years match that the match will implode.

These tactics sound an awful lot like those used in North Korea....#9 in my favorite. I will be a GOOD and LOYAL Communist Party Member.

Good luck silencing the critics.

There's no stoppin the Cretins from Hoppin...

#15 Big Gay Al

Big Gay Al

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Sounds like its time for an Insurgency.

• Kool Aide likes this

(Thanks for Asking!)

#16 Roper

Roper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSouth Jordan, Utah

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

[size=2]"5. I will not communicate with others in a threatening, harassing or abusive manner, and will not engage in the use of off-color remarks and jokes or profanity during the course of my participation in the match. I will not physically touch another person participating in an IDPA event without their consent unless it is necessary to address an immediate safety issue."[/size

I think we should have this same rule here on Doodie because I don't like it when everyone uses swear words and talks mean to me.

#17 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

I think we should have this same rule here on Doodie because I don't like it when everyone uses swear words and talks mean to me.

Do you even turn the other cheek, bro?

• Roper likes this

#18 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Why ya bitching? It's not like any of us are gonna get "invited" to shoot at the S&W Invitational.......err I mean Indoor Nationals. 

And fuck if I'd fly/drive/teleport into Taxachusetts with a gun in the 1st place. 

• Alphabear likes this

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#19 P.A.I.D.

P.A.I.D.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Is there a time limit on the waiver or does it extend into perpetuity?

And what if you are a Buddhist? This life and all subsequent lives?

The ambiguity is disturbing.
  • Twinkie and BornAgainTacTim2nd like this
Mens Rea

#20 ac4wordplay

ac4wordplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

It is crap like this wavier that makes me want to use my membership card for 20 yard bill drills.  This was the wavier that must be signed before competing in the Indoor Nationals this year.  Well I guess I do not want to perjurer myself, so I guess I will stay home and Doodied all over this POS. 

Wow. Just... wow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IDPA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users