Photo

You will conform, you will comply or just don't compete under threat of purjury!!!

IDPA

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#21 Hans3005

Hans3005

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

For prizes they will be giving out hugs and fuzzy carebears. They might even have someone there to talk about your feelings. Don't you dare talk about sponge bob square pants, you will offend everyone.

#22 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

I think we should have this same rule here on Doodie because I don't like it when everyone uses swear words and talks mean to me.

fuck off, Sally.  Grow some balls.

#23 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

fuck off, Sally.  Grow some balls.

If Sally had balls she would be called Sal.
  • Scott likes this
Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#24 B_Seehawer

B_Seehawer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

IDPA has an HR department?

#25 Cretin Hop

Cretin Hop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

It's obvious they have a Ministry of Propaganda Department....

There's no stoppin the Cretins from Hoppin...

#26 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

How else are they gonna convince crappy Marksman classed shooters like me that we are the tip of the spear, the carrier of the flame and the fuel for the...........sport . Honestly I wasn't gonna say Piper Cub or airplane. Honest Native American!

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#27 red headed stranger

red headed stranger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Range lawyers looking to expand their incompetence to the realm of corporate law.  

#28 crimestrike

crimestrike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationDouble-Wide in Berryville, AR

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

IDPA HQ takes pages out of the Obama Administration play book. Smother, crush, and smash your opponents with fear and intimidation to cover up for incompetence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 Kool Aide

Kool Aide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

"5. I will not communicate with others in a threatening, harassing or abusive manner, and will not engage in the use of off-color remarks and jokes or profanity during the course of my participation in the match. I will not physically touch another person participating in an IDPA event without their consent unless it is necessary to address an immediate safety issue."

Does tackling count?

You can still tease people over their sexual orientation at least.

#30 Kool Aide

Kool Aide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

They absolutely do!!!!

#31 Kool Aide

Kool Aide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Id sign it. What the fuck, why not?

I'd break a few of then to see what happens.

It's Ma for Crissakes. If they had any balls they would have left that state when it went commie.

Only thing they are going to do is shake their finger at you menancibgly.

#32 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Fuck yes. New IDPA forum signature line coming right up.

• ny32182 likes this

#33 ac4wordplay

ac4wordplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

IDPA HQ takes pages out of the Obama Administration play book. Smother, crush, and smash your opponents with fear and intimidation to cover up for incompetence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly not originated by that administration - it's been in use by governments, political parties, religions, businesses, lawyers, etc. for a long time.

#34 red headed stranger

red headed stranger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Id sign it. What the fuck, why not?

I'd break a few of then to see what happens.

It's Ma for Crissakes. If they had any balls they would have left that state when it went commie.

Only thing they are going to do is shake their finger at you menancibgly.

No cookies for you!

#35 NFD

NFD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

This will be the last year for the match, I can't be believe they got the approval this year.
Publicly traded company that has had image issues related to the shooting sports center; felon using the range, suicides, stolen guns as well as multi management/ staff purges it is got to be wearing out the compliance and safety department.

They always lament that the company loses so much money by doing this event and shooters should be thankful for this amazing opportunity. An employee I know over there said not using the test bays for a few days is a minor inconvenience but it's definitely not a work halting event. Let's assume the two super squads and the SOs don't pay any money, and that the stuff they give to the SOs doesn't really cost Smith and Wesson anything. That's still 228 people paying 175 a pop for a grand total of 39,900. Some of that money is used for match specific supplies, awards, and the banquet. They have that weird guns-for-the-SOs voodoo and I don't know if that costs Smith anything, but there's still the fact that a lot of people buy Smith and Wesson shit while they're there. I imagine all those soft goods, knives, and whatever else they sell that isn't a gun in the People's Republic of Massachusets will make up for that deficit, so I think 40 grand is a pretty fair amount of money to make, especially when the staff is mostly volunteer.

I think this is different wording from last year. At the BUG match (which was a fuckin clusterfuck) there was a regional match director who is like, all pro IDPA and faps all over that shit and even he had enough. He bitched about rules not being followed to Joyce Wilson's face, but I guess she was too busy walking around and making stupid proto-typical female-slightly-involved-with-shooting-but-not-really comments.

"Isn't this a great match?"

"I shoot terribly, it helps to use that little thing on the front of the gun, you know, the front sight? That's so funny and original!"

For the lolz, is there overt evidence of people arbitrarily DQed from this particular match because of spite? Not that the overbearing threat of compliance isn't bad enough, I'm just curious.

• Nimrod likes this

#36 sirveyr

sirveyr

Was the Rudy mole.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

They have that weird guns-for-the-SOs voodoo and I don't know if that costs Smith anything, but there's still the fact that a lot of people buy Smith and Wesson shit while they're there. I imagine all those soft goods, knives, and whatever else they sell that isn't a gun in the People's Republic of Massachusetts will make up for that deficit, so I think 40 grand is a pretty fair amount of money to make, especially when the staff is mostly volunteer.

I have shot the match multiple times.  Each time, the SW Pro Shop is completely bare.  There was almost nothing in it.  They had a few t-shirts in size small.  One would think that if you had 250+ people coming to your facility, you might stock up on some shit.  It's IDPA, so be sure to order a bunch of 4XL and up.

• Matt Mc and red headed stranger like this

Chet Martinez

I was here before post #112

#37 M91196

M91196

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

The "pro" shop isn't open to the public any more, the range is open only for employees so it's run by HR now. The venue is on its last breaths...mercifully.

#38 md12393

md12393

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

.................be sure to order a bunch of 4XL and up.

Damn bro, you been working out?
"You need to be bitch slapped" - Sean Gaines

#39 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

It's a S&W match not a IDPA match. When one of the other companies can control 2 whole divisions in the sport then they can have their own little "invitational" match and run it however they want to!

I got even money that says a high ranking S&W person was on the tigger teams.

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#40 P.A.I.D.

P.A.I.D.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAt P1, Airgunning on an Individual Walkthrough planning a ghost load...

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

It's all about being social.

Now, take your cookie, sit in your assigned seat and repeat after me.....
Mens Rea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IDPA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users