#21 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

Dunno brah, they're all copper looking and they hit the A at 30/40 yards fine.

When I get pooched from them I'll switch to another brand.

#22 JimmyO

JimmyO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

If you like plated check out Everglades Ammo. Theirs are better than extremes and priced right.
  • GooldMember likes this

#23 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Speaking of cheap shit. Rocky Mountain reloading has what i found the cheapest jhp 115 or 124gr.

124 jhp .088cents a pop

#24 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

Precision Delta is $0.085 each if purchased 2000 at a time for 115 JHP. I get good results from them.

#25 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

Precision Delta is $0.085 each if purchased 2000 at a time for 115 JHP. I get good results from them.

I've been flirting with the idea of using 115gr but I don't know how they will act.

People use 147 because it is "less snappy". Of course, they could just be homosexual.

Is it going to be less likely to bring down a popper?

What is your charge to make Minor PF with that?

What is your experience with 115?

#26 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

Is it going to be less likely to bring down a popper?

What is your charge to make Minor PF with that?

Gotta bear in mind it depends who you ask.

I shoot a 125 at 137pf and honestly it doesn’t seem to give anything up to shooting a 129.1pf when it comes to being able to shoot fast. Grip hard and go.

So if dude you’re asking is like me and likes running at 133-135+ PF... it could prove misleading if you turn around and try and run them at 128.

My input ends here, however. I’ve never loaded 115s except for very hot ones to mimic self defense ammo.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#27 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

stay away from the 115's theres a reason nobody shoots them a non ported gun.

• racetaco likes this

#28 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

stay away from the 115's theres a reason nobody shoots them a non ported gun.

And that reason is??

If it is because they cannot seem to tame the awesome might of a 9mm, I might disregard their experience. 

If it is because they have to respring the gun or it doesn't bring down poppers well, I might follow their lead.

As is, I just shoot what everyone else does and take it on faith that they are right. 

#29 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

Gotta bear in mind it depends who you ask.

I shoot a 125 at 137pf and honestly it doesn’t seem to give anything up to shooting a 129.1pf when it comes to being able to shoot fast. Grip hard and go.

So if dude you’re asking is like me and likes running at 133-135+ PF... it could prove misleading if you turn around and try and run them at 128.

My input ends here, however. I’ve never loaded 115s except for very hot ones to mimic self defense ammo.

I try to load to 135PF so that even my lightest load range makes PF, no questions asked.

#30 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

And that reason is??

If it is because they cannot seem to tame the awesome might of a 9mm, I might disregard their experience. 

If it is because they have to respring the gun or it doesn't bring down poppers well, I might follow their lead.

As is, I just shoot what everyone else does and take it on faith that they are right. 

All of the above. I dont think one is going to be glaringly better than the other, I tested some different weights a couple of years ago and settled on 124 for reasons like everyone else shoots them so why not. Its a happy medium and price wise makes the most sense.

#31 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

I should retest though. Im a B class baller now and my perception to recoil has surely enhanced

#32 jnkranch

jnkranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

I shoot about 11k Xtreme 9mm 124 RN's a year.

Never had a problem.

#33 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

147's for matches because awesome
124's for practice because cheap

#34 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

Forgot to add, 115's are dumb

#35 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

Forgot to add, 115's are dumb

Did the Magic 8 Ball tell you that, or do you have some experience?

It is $120 a year for me to drop from 124gr to 115gr. That is solid stripper money.

If there is no meaningful difference, I might drop down, if there is- I want to quantify it.

Nothing dumb in that

#36 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

I personally don't like the recoil impulse of 115's ,very snappy. I have the fastest splits and best accuracy with 147's. 124's are nothing more than a cost savings option for me. People's perception of recoil can be very different, the only way you will know for sure is testing large enough quantities of each weight using a timer.

#37 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

I ran a bunch of Bill Drill time tests of 124’s vs 135’s a while back.

I could feel/hear the difference but I couldn’t measure it on the clock or accuracy wise.

For me they are price neutral but the 135 profile is more forgiving (can be loaded longer) so I choose 135’s.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#38 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:50 AM

I could feel/hear the difference but I couldn’t measure it on the clock or accuracy wise.

For me they are price neutral but the 135 profile is more forgiving (can be loaded longer) so I choose 135’s.

Same experience I’ve had. At various points I’ve been loading 124, 130, 135, or 147gr exclusively, shooting only that one weight for a full year or more. Convinced it was the hot ticket.

It may feel hotter, or softer, or snappier, but grip the gun hard and your times are going to be the the same with all of these on each drill, really.

What bullet are you running? I switched to the 125 truncated cone profile from Black (or Blue) Bullets. The most friendly profile to short chambers I’ve found, an M&P that will only take an Acme 124 RN at 1.110” will load 125 TCs out to 1.145”-1.150”

I load them to 1.120” for my Walther, and the stepped-chambered Q5 has an extremely short chamber.
  • MemphisMechanic likes this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#39 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Currently ACME 135’s (No lube groove), previously Bayou 135’s (lube groove). They seem interchangeable, maybe you can load ACME’s a tad longer but not enough to get excited about. Both are good.

I haven’t found a 124 that I could get behind from a nose profile perspective, not motivated to try further unless cheaper.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#40 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

Currently ACME 135’s (No lube groove), previously Bayou 135’s (lube groove). They seem interchangeable, maybe you can load ACME’s a tad longer but not enough to get excited about. Both are good.
I haven’t found a 124 that I could get behind from a nose profile perspective, not motivated to try further unless cheaper.

I never understood the problem here.

I’ve loaded Xtreme 147, Black and Blue 147, Bayou 147, Blue 147 and 124, Berry’s 147

I’ve never had an issue with length. Dial it down a 1/4 turn at a time, plunk test it as you go, done in 20 min.

My loads for the Stock 2 shoot like a champ in my buddy’s SP-01. No need to ream chambers or anything.

The fuck are you guys doing??
  • Stubb and dels like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users