#1 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:39 AM

Precision Bullets with the original waxy coating shot fine but produced a comical amount of smoke.

Anyone tried them with their gen 2 moly-based coating?

#2 BettieWhite

BettieWhite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationHeart o' Dixie

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

I'm a big fan of them myself. Different powders seem to make a bit of difference in amount of smoke produced. Price is nice. Just don't over-crimp, etc.

FYI - This is supposed to be a link to youtube clip of a snickers commercial to better explain my screen name. Apparently, my attitude can get abrasive when I'm hungry and you're stupid.

#3 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

Thanks. Do you notice any difference between Precision Bullets and the various polymer-coated ones?

#4 BettieWhite

BettieWhite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationHeart o' Dixie

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

The Precision stuff seems and looks more consistent. Lots of coated stuff has numerous bullets in a given quantity that have coating missing, or voids, etc. I don't re all finding but maybe 2 Precisions that appeared malformed. And coating, even on the screwed up ones, always looks even/consistent.
  • Stubb likes this

FYI - This is supposed to be a link to youtube clip of a snickers commercial to better explain my screen name. Apparently, my attitude can get abrasive when I'm hungry and you're stupid.

#5 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:02 AM

Biggest complaint I have about the precisions is how slippery they are.  But no complaints on the quality front.  I have probably shot 500 of them.  I would run them if I could buy them as cheap as blues.  I did not notice them to be any smokier than the blues I usually shoot.

• Stubb likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users